ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN gives Tulsa Admin the business

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Good piece over at ESPN+ behind the pay wall.

Quotes anonymous coaches saying Haith punches above his weight considering what he’s gone through with the past admin.

I won’t quote here, but people that know basketball say the recruiting isn’t his fault and it’s a miracle we’ve had a couple of kids land in the NBA since he’s been here.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Good piece over at ESPN+ behind the pay wall.

Quotes anonymous coaches saying Haith punches above his weight considering what he’s gone through with the past admin.

I won’t quote here, but people that know basketball say the recruiting isn’t his fault and it’s a miracle we’ve had a couple of kids land in the NBA since he’s been here.

I don’t have ESPN+, do you think you could copy and paste the article or is that against forum rules?

Apparently other coaches don’t think much of Tulsa... but there is some merit to what they’re saying. The admin has not supported athletics the way they should have.

I keep waiting for President Carson to exhibit some interest in athletics. It seems his twitter is filled with other interests.

He’s made a couple of references but nothing major.
From what I've seen he supports athletics. Said he's a football and basketball fan, and loves watching the WCWS. I think his son plays football as well.

Now what he'll do with TU athletics who knows, but I feel more positive about it than negative.

From what I've seen he supports athletics. Said he's a football and basketball fan, and loves watching the WCWS. I think his son plays football as well.

Now what he'll do with TU athletics who knows, but I feel more positive about it than negative.

I don’t have any issue with him yet (in regard to athletics). His Twitter is somewhat interesting with a variety of topics. I hope this is what TU needs to pull out of the current situation.

Day 1 is today. While the local news folks are all over the fact that OSU's new president also starts today, there has been little mentioned about Carson starting today.

To those referencing Carson's twitter and his diverse topics addressed, there's nothing wrong with that. My guess is he was selected for this post because he does have the varied and far-reaching experiences. You need a university president who understands a university's role in today's society as both an institution of higher learning and social development, one who understands where a university stands in local and state politics, where a university stands in terms of its economic impact locally and globally, and one who understands that in a micro-community sense, there are a wide variety of things that go into the success of any university and there has to be a balance between academic pursuits for truth and the opportunities for individual development and achievement beyond the classroom. Individuals claiming universities should be for the pursuit of truth through academics never stepped into a classroom for any type of learning psychology or student development theory. (Professors should be forced to take a class on Student development theory BTW).

Day 1 is today. While the local news folks are all over the fact that OSU's new president also starts today, there has been little mentioned about Carson starting today.

To those referencing Carson's twitter and his diverse topics addressed, there's nothing wrong with that. My guess is he was selected for this post because he does have the varied and far-reaching experiences. You need a university president who understands a university's role in today's society as both an institution of higher learning and social development, one who understands where a university stands in local and state politics, where a university stands in terms of its economic impact locally and globally, and one who understands that in a micro-community sense, there are a wide variety of things that go into the success of any university and there has to be a balance between academic pursuits for truth and the opportunities for individual development and achievement beyond the classroom. Individuals claiming universities should be for the pursuit of truth through academics never stepped into a classroom for any type of learning psychology or student development theory. (Professors should be forced to take a class on Student development theory BTW).

i referenced the diversity of topics covered on Twitter... I never said there was anything wrong with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT