Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
i

Trevis Gipson, EDGE, Tulsa

Position ranking: 10
Overall ranking: 92

I'm sure you've seen the term "raw" attached to a ton of prospects in this draft class already, but Gipson deserves it. He simply didn't show a lot of pass-rushing moves outside of his rip to the edge at Tulsa. Not all "raw" prospects are created equal, however. We here at PFF love the guys who have a way to go developmentally yet still have produced at an elite level in our grading system -- the thought process being, if they're already good football players with room for technical improvement, imagine what they'll be when they, you know, improve.

Gipson earned an 89.7 pass-rushing grade at Tulsa last season despite frequently lining up out of his ideal position as a 3-4 defensive end and not having much of a pass-rush plan. Combine that with ideal length and good bend, and Gibson has the tools to get the job done in the NFL if his pass-rushing moves develop.

i think it shows we have a defensive staff that can recruit and coach kids. but offensively????

Our DC will be a head coach at some point. Hope we don't miss on him like we did on Billy Gillespie, Mike Norvell, Mike Anderson, and on and on and on...

Tulsa players usually go undrafted...
These 2 will make a 53-man roster. The CB from Iowa very well won't.

It's weird.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT