ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Pearson

This is one of the many reasons that i think student athletes should all be able to transfer with impunity.

I'm pretty sure a kid can transfer without sitting out if there is a coaching change.
Unless you come to TU...b/c our AD doesn't understand the subtlety behind the use of certain words to garner sympathy for an athlete's situation.

I saw that tweet yesterday and said he could encourage his grandson to attend his alma mater.

Unless you come to TU...b/c our AD doesn't understand the subtlety behind the use of certain words to garner sympathy for an athlete's situation.

I saw that tweet yesterday and said he could encourage his grandson to attend his alma mater.

My point was that the NCAA no longer requires the athlete to sit out a year if they are leaving a school after there has been a coaching change. This was a rule change when they created the transfer portal.

I don't feel sorry for Pearson. He has to know that recruiting is a dirty game with coaches lying and gaming kids all the time He also knows the coaching words and how they are always moving and gaming for the next best thing.

I don't feel sorry for Pearson. He has to know that recruiting is a dirty game with coaches lying and gaming kids all the time He also knows the coaching words and how they are always moving and gaming for the next best thing.

The first words the former D1 baseball coach that headed NJ's travel team last year said were "Coaches lie to players".. and boy did he...

TU_BLA said:

My point was that the NCAA no longer requires the athlete to sit out a year if they are leaving a school after there has been a coaching change. This was a rule change when they created the transfer portal.
[/quote]
That is not exactly true. You still have to submit a waiver and not all are approved: see Keyshawn Embery-Simpson

That is not exactly true. You still have to submit a waiver and not all are approved: see Keyshawn Embery-Simpson[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty confident that this isn't the case when the player is an incoming freshman. I think you are both talking about two different scenarios.

Reactions: HuffyCane
That is not exactly true. You still have to submit a waiver and not all are approved: see Keyshawn Embery-Simpson

I'm pretty confident that this isn't the case when the player is an incoming freshman. I think you are both talking about two different scenarios.[/QUOTE]
I don't believe that's the case. Once that LOI is submitted, I believe if you go somewhere else you have to have a waiver submitted and be approved for immediate eligibility.

I'm pretty confident that this isn't the case when the player is an incoming freshman. I think you are both talking about two different scenarios.[/QUOTE]
Add the third scenario of your athletic department staff being inept and you can transfer, sit, and lose a year of eligibility or burn your redshirt.

Just to clarify.

Once you sign the NLI in football, you are obligated to attend that school. Should you attend that school and then choose to leave, you must sit out a year unless you file a waiver and are granted immediate eligibility.

For incoming students who decide to attend a different school after a coaching change, as long as the school releases you from the NLI, you are able to transfer up until you arrive on campus for the first time. Technically a school could choose to not release you from the NLI. But it’s a terrible look and no one does it anymore in the age of player empowerment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT