ADVERTISEMENT

Dougie On Steriods??

Damn. I had only heard the punching the player deal and something about attacking an athlete from another sport about a parking space. The stuff about mocking players and the racial insult and ethnic epithets he seems to throw around casually suggest he may be a worse human being than Bobby Knight. Not sure how Marshall survives this...

Besides Marshall’s horrible behavior, this statement was almost as egregious to me:

“Upon learning of Stadium’s reporting, Wichita State initiated an investigation into Marshall last month, hiring Tueth Keeney out of St. Louis, sources told Stadium. Several players, including Morris, told Stadium they had been contacted by the law firm.“

Nobody at the school was aware of this over those many years? Really?

Damn. I had only heard the punching the player deal and something about attacking an athlete from another sport about a parking space. The stuff about mocking players and the racial insult and ethnic epithets he seems to throw around casually suggest he may be a worse human being than Bobby Knight. Not sure how Marshall survives this...
Both of my sons played high school basketball in Tulsa , their coach pushed them hard physically and verbally but also knew when to “pat” them on the back . When my youngest played for Coach Gipson (Northeastern State) he experienced constant verbal negativity And after three years gave up his scholarship to transfer to OSU . Playing basketball became pure drudgery for him and he wanted out.

Besides Marshall’s horrible behavior, this statement was almost as egregious to me:

“Upon learning of Stadium’s reporting, Wichita State initiated an investigation into Marshall last month, hiring Tueth Keeney out of St. Louis, sources told Stadium. Several players, including Morris, told Stadium they had been contacted by the law firm.“

Nobody at the school was aware of this over those many years? Really?
Yeah, they probably hired the law firm to find out just how bad it was. They probably knew he was a bully, but needed to know: "Is this something we can plausibly deny and downplay? Or are we going to actually have to do something?"

I have no tolerance for this kind of "motivation", especially with college kids. He should be gone yesterday if there is anything to this.

Yeah, they probably hired the law firm to find out just how bad it was. They probably knew he was a bully, but needed to know: "Is this something we can plausibly deny and downplay? Or are we going to actually have to do something?"

I have no tolerance for this kind of "motivation", especially with college kids. He should be gone yesterday if there is anything to this.
It's going to be hard for them to keep Marshall around if indeed he did the things that are being reported that go beyond the normal yelling and screaming like a lunatic at your players. Penn State just fired their coach for similar accusations against him. He'd been there 9 years and included some of the school's best years in men's basketball.

It will be interesting to watch. Koch threw a lot of money at the program and probably doesn’t care about the allegations. I think they have to do it, but they probably realize it will be hard to make lightning strike twice there. If they don’t, they become Fresno State.

It will be interesting to watch. Koch threw a lot of money at the program and probably doesn’t care about the allegations. I think they have to do it, but they probably realize it will be hard to make lightning strike twice there. If they don’t, they become Fresno State.
The money they can blow, greases lightning twice a little bit easier. Doesn't guarantee it though.

Last edited:
The money they can blow greases lightning twice a little bit easier. Doesn't guarantee it though.

It’s harder to keep a good coach there than Stillwater. And it’s not easy in Stillwater.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT