ADVERTISEMENT

Does Brin have another year of elgibility ?

But he’s already in graduate school isn’t he?

If he keeps having the numbers he’s having every game, dude is going to be a top round draft pick

Reactions: TU 1978
He should have 1. I wish he had started over Smith for the 2020 season, though lol. Why he wasn't at least QB two on the depth chart was mind boggling from the beginning of the season.

Reactions: TULSARISING
If he keeps having the numbers he’s having every game, dude is going to be a top round draft pick
As much as I would want to agree with you, I can’t. Tulsa does not get national recognition enough for that to happen. The best chance he has IMO, is to put up big numbers for the rest of the season and pray that we get ranked high enough and win the AAC championship to possibly get a NY6 game. Then he will need to be lights out that game as well.

As much as I would want to agree with you, I can’t. Tulsa does not get national recognition enough for that to happen. The best chance he has IMO, is to put up big numbers for the rest of the season and pray that we get ranked high enough and win the AAC championship to possibly get a NY6 game. Then he will need to be lights out that game as well.
We can hope ! 😂

Reactions: loca2874
If Brin falls short of his hopes, it won’t be because Tulsa is small. It will be because of the interception ratio last year and how beat up he was this year and last year.

Phil Simms is laughing at you - FYSA.
He is a butt face anyway. I never said that Davis couldn’t play at the next level. People talking like he will be a high draft pick. To be a high draft pick as a quarterback you need some national recognition. No one is talking about Davis Brin except us and whoever we play next.

when was the last TU quarterback drafted in the NFL?

When was the last time a TU quarterback had a career in the NFL or lets just say played in a regular season game?

pretty sure the answer to that is Gus Frerotte and he was drafted in the 7th round.

please correct me if I am wrong on that aspect.

Those that are from smaller conferences that are drafted had some national exposure or coverage outside of the game itself like Malik Willis and Trey lance.

Reactions: TulsaAM
He is a butt face anyway. I never said that Davis couldn’t play at the next level. People talking like he will be a high draft pick. To be a high draft pick as a quarterback you need some national recognition. No one is talking about Davis Brin except us and whoever we play next.

when was the last TU quarterback drafted in the NFL?

When was the last time a TU quarterback had a career in the NFL or lets just say played in a regular season game?

pretty sure the answer to that is Gus Frerotte and he was drafted in the 7th round.

please correct me if I am wrong on that aspect.

Those that are from smaller conferences that are drafted had some national exposure or coverage outside of the game itself like Malik Willis and Trey lance.
Nobody thought much of Simms and he was taken four or fifth overall and they built a dynasty around him and LT from a hapless doormat UNC squad.

Every team manages risks in the draft differently. Sure some teams won’t take risks on G5 and FCS talent. But look around the league and you’ll see talent drafted in the first two rounds from that level.

Brin will be fine and if he’s not it won’t be because “Tulsa”

All the pro leagues care about is whether or not they think you can play and be productive at that level. They will find talent no matter where they played until being draft eligible. This is why Jaxon Player was better off staying at TU than moving to the P5. His PT and thus production are way way down this year at Baylor. Plus Baylor is using him as a true DT vs DE where TU used him most of last season. Evans and Green are other good case examples. They actually hurt their draft prospects by moving to Mizzou. Evans made it work as he's with Minnesota right now but he probably gave away some rookie contract $ with the move.

How much does having 2 straight seasons with round 1 draft picks get the eyes from the NFL scouts at least turned this way? I think that plays more of a role than some ESPN analyst talking about Tulsa during the Alabama/LSU game. I am sure there are a few NFL teams that have Tulsa circled on their teams to watch. They see players have been developed and will want to see if we have any coming along this year. I don't think that makes him a high draft pick choice but I still think he will have a decent shot of going in the draft.

How much does having 2 straight seasons with round 1 draft picks get the eyes from the NFL scouts at least turned this way? I think that plays more of a role than some ESPN analyst talking about Tulsa during the Alabama/LSU game. I am sure there are a few NFL teams that have Tulsa circled on their teams to watch. They see players have been developed and will want to see if we have any coming along this year. I don't think that makes him a high draft pick choice but I still think he will have a decent shot of going in the draft.
Brin has the tools. Strong arm, is pretty accurate, etc. He's really good when he has time in the pocket which he would have a ton more of on most NFL teams. What he has done this year has been pretty remarkable given the limitations of an extremely green offensive line and lack of consistent running game. Credit to the WRs as well who have seemed to finally understand the importance and nuance of route running and getting to the proper depth and in and out of breaks with purpose. We've got guys open on pretty much every play and Brin is finding them and delivering strikes. That pass to Epps in the back of the end zone last week was masterful and perfect.

The NFL is a big business, and they are very good at growing their business. If a guy can play and has the potential to help their cause they know about them. They are very calculated and methodical in how they fill their rosters. Their scouting departments have connections at every level to identify the guys that end up on their rosters and in their camps. A player might have a leg up if they are receiving a great deal of exposure due to the team or league they're in and thus project and maybe even be drafted in a higher position. There is simply more data available on the guys that are in more visible programs. My guess is many times NFL scouting departments are a bit sly in finding the fringe guys they want and picking them up at the best value for their teams, be it lower draft picks or free agent invites. Brin will have a shot if he wants one. They've seen last seasons body of work, and they've also seen him light it up this years and drop dimes on deep balls. In the end it will come down in the end to those individual workouts just like it does with those highly publicized players.

I am not saying anything. I learned my lesson from last time and I was wrong anyway. ☺️

Last edited:
Coach talking in pregame didn't seem too positive(by not talking bout him) on Brin playing or playing a lot. Talked a lot about our quarterback room expanding, and the team confident in both Brin & Braxton, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT