ADVERTISEMENT

DirecTV

jerandlaur

I.T.S. Position Coach
Jan 11, 2007
DirecTV doesn't have an ESPN 3 contract, is there another way to see the game?

As far as I know, any provider that provides you with any of the ESPN networks can be used for ESPN 3. I've used cox & dish over cox internet. It is an ESPN thing, not a DirectTv thing. Because you pay for ESPN somewhere, someway, ESPN gives you the paid right to access it thru internet. using a DirectTv logon for verification that you pay for ESPN. DirectTv doesn't have to provide it ESPN provides it, regardless of your internet provider. Slap me silly if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:

As far as I know, any provider that provides you with any of the ESPN networks can be used for ESPN 3. I've used cox & dish over cox internet. It is an ESPN thing, not a DirectTv thing. Because you pay for ESPN somewhere, someway, ESPN gives you the paid right to access it thru internet. using a DirectTv logon for verification that you pay for ESPN. DirectTv doesn't have to provide it ESPN provides it, regardless of your internet provider. Slap me silly if I'm wrong.
That's no longer correct. Used to be, but things changed. Try using your ISP (even though it's not supposed to work) to gain access. I had to do that, and it works for me.

What's an ISP? Sorry I'm not good with th elingo and need help. Which provider would I choose if directv is not an option?

Espn is better known as "Watch Espn", their on-line streaming service. You can catch all of ESPN, ABC, SEC Network, and Longhorn Network broadcast through this service, provided the contest is not blackedout in your area, and you have an ESPN or Service provider (Cable, Satellite, ISP) login.

TX
This post was edited on 11/23 8:33 PM by texcane1982

Watch Espn

I have Directv as well and could not log into ESPN3 with it but I used AT&TUverse (Internet Provider) instead and it allowed me right on.

Originally posted by TUcandoit:
I have Directv as well and could not log into ESPN3 with it but I used AT&TUverse (Internet Provider) instead and it allowed me right on.
Right, I think I need to use the Windstream log in...we'll see how that goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT