ADVERTISEMENT

Direct Competition?

OU is still a piss poor educational institution by comparison. Their engineering students in particular are sorely lacking compared to graduates of TU and OSU.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
This area needs more college graduates not less. Quit worrying. By comparison, Oklahoma City has OU, UCO, OCU, Rose State, Southern Nazarene, Mid-America, OBU, Oklahoma-State University-OKC, OU-Health Sciences, Oklahoma Chrisitan, USAO. Many of these suck, but they help the economy and help attract and develop businesses.

Reactions: drboobay and watu05
This area needs more college graduates not less. Quit worrying. By comparison, Oklahoma City has OU, UCO, OCU, Rose State, Southern Nazarene, Mid-America, OBU, Oklahoma-State University-OKC, OU-Health Sciences, Oklahoma Chrisitan, USAO. Many of these suck, but they help the economy and help attract and develop businesses.
Back when we were Banana Republic and they were Kohl's I didn't worry too much about them, but now that we're Old Navy, I think the competition is much more worrisome.

I care a lot more about the success of TU than I do whether Tulsa society has enough college grads. If a change helps the Tulsa macro economy but hurts TU, then I'm not going to be happy about it. Sorry, just not as magnanimous as you.

In any event, I highly doubt that the lack of college grads in Tulsa is because of a lack of colleges. You can have as many colleges as you want but if people don't want to go, it doesn't matter. If you stocked half the Wal Mart grocery section with broccoli, do you think obesity would go away?

Reactions: noble cane
Back when we were Banana Republic and they were Kohl's I didn't worry too much about them, but now that we're Old Navy, I think the competition is much more worrisome.

I care a lot more about the success of TU than I do whether Tulsa society has enough college grads. If a change helps the Tulsa macro economy but hurts TU, then I'm not going to be happy about it. Sorry, just not as magnanimous as you.

In any event, I highly doubt that the lack of college grads in Tulsa is because of a lack of colleges. You can have as many colleges as you want but if people don't want to go, it doesn't matter. If you stocked half the Wal Mart grocery section with broccoli, do you think obesity would go away?
Norman has a huge number of college grads... one of them made my latte the other day..

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Norman has a huge number of college grads... one of them made my latte the other day..
Let's hope people aren't saying that about our grads soon.... I'm kinda worried about some of the programs that got cut so much, they don't end up half-pregnant. A few degrees kept so the program isn't cut entirely but so much cut that the remaining degrees are devauled to the point that grads can't do anything with them. Might have been better to cut more or less.

TU spent 15 years trying to convince kids to come to TU that either didn’t want to be in Tulsa, viewed it as a backwards town, or wanted a college town experience. It failed.

I hear they’ve changed how they recruit and who they recruit and it’s working. Admissions are expected to be way up next year and academic qualifications of those enrolling as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT