ADVERTISEMENT

DFW area

Muskogee9

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Jan 19, 2008
Headed down this weekend for Rangers/Boston Red Sox games. We're looking for somewhere to dine, something original or local, can anyone recommend a favorite place they've enjoyed????

DFW is pretty much known for having every chain restaurant known to man. I haven't been out near Arlington much in my travels, but I would certainly anticipate being miserably hot at the ballpark.

I like Cafe Brazil. There are several. Other than that, they have a bunch of stuff. You shouldn't have any trouble.

We tried a family style chicken restaurant last year.......just West of Rangers ballpark........Might have been called BABE's Chicken House????? Chicken prepared several different ways......mashed potatoes, corn, okra, greenbeans, etc., it was down home cooking. A few years ago we had dinner at Cool River (not sure if it's still around) but it was nice, somewhat expensive though.

I hate chains.........I always try to support a local establishment.....thought I'd ask everyone so I don't miss anything special.

Thanks Gold.............you always have good restaurant tips.
party0021.r191677.gif

I like Babe's Chicken - solid CFS . Hard Eight is a local BBQ. If you have never had an In and Out Burger (California based chain) they came to Dallas about a year ago. JMHO - it is the best chain hamburger and fries.. El Fenix (tres leches cake) for Mexican. Just a few places I visit when in Dallas.

This post was edited on 7/17 9:52 PM by TU1NNJ

This post was edited on 7/17 9:54 PM by TU1NNJ

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT