ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis

It is stupid to abandon investment in useful barriers that are nearly finished because you don't like "build a wall" rhetoric.

That is also political pandering. We have a problem so let's fix it. Cut through the politics and do the right thing.
That’s been the problem not the solution. Instead of focusing on making Congress do its job, presidents and governors have wasted time and money on work arounds and political stunts. It's also the central argument by dictators who want to be given absolute power to "cut through the politics and do the right thing".

Last edited:
A lot of this migrant transfer is theater on the side of the transferor and the transferee. It could have been a good thing if done like Arizona with understanding and agreement on both sides with planning taken by both sides. The surprise though difficult, can be overcome in several instances, but that would take away the bluster from the tranferees.

Example, New York before covid, has had an increase in population of 76 people per day between 2010 and 2018. They lost about 300k during covid. During the approximately 6 month period of busing/deplaning migrants to New York, 9 or 10k have been sent to New York. Normal increases in population to New York before covid would have been nearly 14k for that period. Yes they may be back on a gradual population increase in the recent months, but I doubt it is 76 people a day.

Yes they have increased their population with immigrants whose language skills, poverty levels, and immediate ability to work are lesser than the increases other than through births. Many of those were births with parents able to provide. Some were people moving to New York.

New York being down in population, and getting an influx over 6 months that is 4k less than their total influx for that period in the past, does not make it a humanitarian crisis, except for the immediate period following their trip there.(because of lack of notice and planning) But New York is able to handle the present level of imports over time.

Washington DC, maybe not.

This all could have been not been plastered across the news headlines, if both parties had cooperated. I wish the media would stop making the same mistake with Desantis that they made with Trump. These stunts shouldn't be publicized.(That would take an agreed upon plan across the media, that they will never have though.)

Ironic that the media doesn’t publicize the actual crisis but 50 illegals dumped in MV is headlines for days. It is what it is with the media.

Ironic that the media doesn’t publicize the actual crisis but 50 illegals dumped in MV is headlines for days. It is what it is with the media.
You aren't including the right wing media.(Fox, OAN, Newsmax) They do the same. There has been publicity before the Martha's Vineyard, just not as extreme.

But yeah, it is what it is with the media.

You aren't including the right wing media.(Fox, OAN, Newsmax) They do the same. There has been publicity before the Martha's Vineyard, just not as extreme.

But yeah, it is what it is with the media.
I’ve never watched or read a single story from OAN or Newsmax and don’t intend to start. I was referring to the so-called MSM…ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN and MSNBC. One of the six cover the border situation at all. After the MV stunt the immigration situation was the top story on all six. Go figure. Heck…they wouldn’t even cover the dumping of unvaccinated migrants into the country during a pandemic. Not the correct political narrative. Both sides have long since abandoned actual journalism.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
I’ve never watched or read a single story from OAN or Newsmax and don’t intend to start. I was referring to the so-called MSM…ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN and MSNBC. One of the six cover the border situation at all. After the MV stunt the immigration situation was the top story on all six. Go figure. Heck…they wouldn’t even cover the dumping of unvaccinated migrants into the country during a pandemic. Not the correct political narrative. Both sides have long since abandoned actual journalism.
I agree with you there.

I was specifically referring to dumping migrants on New York & DC being covered. (But without the top heavy amount of headlines in comparison to Martha's Vineyards.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT