ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis

I might argue the Fed’s dumping hundreds of thousands of illegals in Texas is worst. Especially during the pandemic without testing or requiring vaccinations…but that’s just me.

I have to hand it to them, it really takes some stones for the Martha’s Vineyard folks to call 50 illegal immigrants in their community a “humanitarian crisis” and to have military personnel called in to deport them off the island and to a nearby military base.

The hypocrisy knows no bounds…

Reactions: noble cane
It’s different when it affects you instead of the people in Texas who have been dealing with the mass dumping of illegals for years. Hopefully this will provide some clarity for those who have dismissed the border crisis for years because it affected someone else’s constituents and lead to meaningful changes and more federal support for both the border states and illegals being dumped.

Funny WATU8 doesn’t care about the humanitarian crisis with the dumping of illegals until it affects rich white people.

Controlling our border is to everyone's benefit - immigrants and residents. My position is control the border but provide very generous legal immigration. We need population growth, even for low wage jobs, and can accommodate many more people through the legal path.

But this is a crass stunt and disgraceful.

Controlling our border is to everyone's benefit - immigrants and residents. My position is control the border but provide very generous legal immigration. We need population growth, even for low wage jobs, and can accommodate many more people through the legal path.

Dumping 50 illegals on the rich people in Mass is disgraceful yet we could careless about the 100,000 which were dumped by the Fed’s on our southwest border last month? Almost all of which don’t speak English, have little education, and have nothing as far as money or assets? I don’t like the stunt either. I’m just confused at the outrage considering what’s been going on at our southern border for the last year plus including the actions during the pandemic.

As I said above, hopefully now that this is affecting rich white people changes might result.

I also question immigration for population growth considering the pending climate crisis which is surely to result in pressure on our water and foos supplies. If we are indeed supporting immigration for population growth don’t we need a balance of immigrants as far as education, work skills, etc. Adding a vast majority of poorly educated and destitute people as our immigration mix seems like poor policy. Especially considering the aforementioned coming climate crisis.

Last edited:
Dumping 50 illegals on the rich people in Mass is disgraceful yet we could careless about the 100,000 which were dumped by the Fed’s on our southwest border last month? Almost all of which don’t speak English, have little education, and have nothing as far as money or assets? I don’t like the stunt either. I’m just confused at the outrage considering what’s been going on at our southern border for the last year plus including the actions during the pandemic.

As I said above, hopefully now that this is affecting rich white people changes might result.

I also question immigration for population growth considering the pending climate crisis which is surely to result in pressure on our water and foos supplies. If we are indeed supporting immigration for population growth don’t we need a balance of immigrants as far as education, work skills, etc. Adding a vast majority of poorly educated and destitute people as our immigration mix seems like poor policy. Especially considering the aforementioned coming climate crisis.
It’s not disgraceful to do what Desantis did. Its simply illegal And he should be criminally prosecuted for his actions.

It’s not disgraceful to do what Desantis did. Its simply illegal And he should be criminally prosecuted for his actions.
Do you agree that what the 50 migrants did was illegal too? Do you believe that they should be criminally prosecuted for their actions?

Also, you do realize that Biden has done the exact same thing (relocating illegal immigrants to communities where they were not invited) tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of times?

Do you agree that what the 50 migrants did was illegal too? Do you believe that they should be criminally prosecuted for their actions?

Also, you do realize that Biden has done the exact same thing (relocating illegal immigrants to communities where they were not invited) tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of times?
I believe they are asylum seekers thus legally here pending a hearing.

But that is a small point. We cannot have people pouring across the border. It is dangerous for them and risky for us. Barriers should be part of the solution as well as more human resources for interdiction.

But we need workers and have plenty of room (literally and figurative) for many more immigrants of varying social strata through an orderly and legal system. The climate argument does not ring true to me.

But that is a small point. We cannot have people pouring across the border. It is dangerous for them and risky for us. Barriers should be part of the solution as well as more human resources for interdiction.

But we need workers and have plenty of room (literally and figurative) for many more immigrants of varying social strata through an orderly and legal system. The climate argument does not ring true to me.
Curious as to why a country who is predicting life threatening shortages of food and water should have a policy goal of artificially increasing its population? A goal which if successful will result in more deaths among its most vulnerable citizens and greater suffering for all.

For the record I don’t necessarily believe these dire predictions but those who do are also the ones supporting the increase of mouths to water and feed.

Biden is the head of the federal government giving him privileges that state governors do not have when it comes to the decision to move emigres from one state to another (Though I do agree that states should be consulted and if immigrants are allowed to stay they should probably be distributed amongst the states fairly)

As far as illegality, yes, I do think what the immigrants did was illegal, though it’s a civil illegality rather than a criminal one. the same can not be said of what the governors did (per the law).

One crime does not, in all circumstances, justify another.

As far as illegality, yes, I do think what the immigrants did was illegal, though it’s a civil illegality rather than a criminal one. the same can not be said of what the governors did (per the law).

That's what I read in a couple of places.(asylum seekers legally waiting on hearing)

That's what I read in a couple of places.(asylum seekers legally waiting on hearing)
Oof. I had been busy and hadn’t read that. That’s even worse. Now Desantis likely made them miss their legally guaranteed opportunity and justice and freedom. What a POS.

Oof. I had been busy and hadn’t read that. That’s even worse. Now Desantis likely made them miss their legally guaranteed opportunity and justice and freedom. What a POS.
The immigration process moves slower than a sloth. Doubt it caused em to miss anything. The several hearings happen over a 3 yr avg period of time. Doubt their is anything coming up in the immediate future, that they can't get it moved in time. Still not right to treat legal immigrants in waiting like this tho.

Still not right to treat legal immigrants in waiting like this tho.

You’re right, I still can’t believe those Martha’s Vineyardites had soldiers come kick the migrants off of their island to be sent to a military installation instead. Heartless.

You’re right, I still can’t believe those Martha’s Vineyardites had soldiers come kick the migrants off of their island to be sent to a military installation instead. Heartless.
I'm talking bout the lies they were told in the first place that got them there. I'm sure their was more ability to immediately house them and provide for their needs at the military installation.

Would have been a wiser thing to do for Martha's Vineyardites to immediately house them somewhere like a HS gym or a large church auditorium, meeting their basic needs, until they could find ways to meet all their needs at another facility on island.

Both parties look bad, but DeSantis looks the worst. Would have brought home the media brownie points the Vinyardites were trying to make much better, if they hadn't got rid of them.

Reactions: watu05
Dumping 100k per a month into system not able to meet that volume does far more in delaying their path toward citizenship than sending 50 to MV. Yet we have silence. A common theme here.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
NBC News compared the migrants to trash today. Amazing the responses when rich white people in the northeast are forced to deal with them.

NBC News compared the migrants to trash today. Amazing the responses when rich white people in the northeast are forced to deal with them.

The educated trust funders aren't thinking very quick on their feet, once again. Desantis pulled a stunt that could have been reviled upon much better, if they would think before inserting foot.

The people in charge should have said wait a minute lets slow things down from p(l)andemonium(I have more to deal with than a hair appointment, a meeting with my stock broker, & a trip to the grocery store) to a little bit hectic, let's think for a moment.

Wow, that makes it even crazier, haha. So you’re telling me that they called in the NATIONAL GUARD to remove 50 homeless people from Martha’s Vineyard!!

Wonder how the Democrat voters on here would react if Stitt sent the National Guard to Maple Ridge to round up homeless people and send them to a military installation…

Wow, that makes it even crazier, haha. So you’re telling me that they called in the NATIONAL GUARD to remove 50 homeless people from Martha’s Vineyard!!

Wonder how the Democrat voters on here would react if Stitt sent the National Guard to Maple Ridge to round up homeless people and send them to a military installation…
Nice of you to rephrase your rhetorical.(with an !)

just an extention of an obama policy

All of this stuff from both the Texas and Florida governors is really dumb and borderline reprehensible stunts(no matter how much hypocrisy it may reveal). These are people. It certainly doesn’t make it more likely for me to vote for Abbott here in a couple months. But asking for them to be prosecuted is lol dumb and is in line with a new dem trend of “everything I don’t like is a crime”

All of this stuff from both the Texas and Florida governors is really dumb and borderline reprehensible stunts(no matter how much hypocrisy it may reveal). These are people. It certainly doesn’t make it more likely for me to vote for Abbott here in a couple months. But asking for them to be prosecuted is lol dumb and is in line with a new dem trend of “everything I don’t like is a crime”
Yeah, but the politicians act like they are in HS. It's annoying as heck that they get reelected. But a lot of voters never left the halls of their HS, so they get away with it. You just want to tell the politicians to grow up, and act like the adult in the room.

The main issue is these are people, that are the butt of their stunts.

If DeSantis was interested in anything more than a pointless, divisive political stunt he would be in DC and on Fox haranging Congress to pass immigration reform which Congress has refused to touch under multiple administrations for 25 years.

Curious as to why a country who is predicting life threatening shortages of food and water should have a policy goal of artificially increasing its population? A goal which if successful will result in more deaths among its most vulnerable citizens and greater suffering for all.

For the record I don’t necessarily believe these dire predictions but those who do are also the ones supporting the increase of mouths to water and feed.
They are not the only ones supporting it.

If DeSantis was interested in anything more than a pointless, divisive political stunt he would be in DC and on Fox haranging Congress to pass immigration reform which Congress has refused to touch under multiple administrations for 25 years.

IMO, this “stunt” probably did more to increase the odds of immigration reform passing Congress than any amount of haranguing he could have done on the Hill.

People have been in DC for the last 18 months screaming for the Fed’s to do something about the crisis on our southern borders. We have politicians who were supporting the dumping of 100,000s of unvaccinated illegals in this country during a pandemic. Good luck getting those people to listen to reason. Hopefully dumping 50 illegals on rich white people now has some effect. I’m not holding my breath though. This shows if nothing else people in DC don’t give a damn about the crisis unless it’s on their doorstep. Sad stuff

They are not the only ones supporting it.
Agree. Not really the point of my post though. Tell me…given what’s coming why are those in power supporting this policy? The question is a bit rhetoric as we all know the answer. What does millions of dead Americans matter if we can get some more votes at the ballot box.

Agree. Not really the point of my post though. Tell me…given what’s coming why are those in power supporting this policy? The question is a bit rhetoric as we all know the answer. What does millions of dead Americans matter if we can get some more votes at the ballot box.
It is stupid to abandon investment in useful barriers that are nearly finished because you don't like "build a wall" rhetoric.

That is also political pandering. We have a problem so let's fix it. Cut through the politics and do the right thing.

It is stupid to abandon investment in useful barriers that are nearly finished because you don't like "build a wall" rhetoric.

That is also political pandering. We have a problem so let's fix it. Cut through the politics and do the right thing.
If and when everything goes to hell climate wise we’re going to need border security measure. Again….the many of the same people predicting a climate apocalypse are the people against building any type of barrier. Makes zero sense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT