I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Belgium 853
Spain 629
UK 611
Italy 588
US 580
France 471

I don't want anyone to die from this pandemic, but why does everyone act as though we have done so poorly especially when compared to Western Democracy. And that is with NY dumping sick seniors in old folks homes;

Belgium 853
Spain 629
UK 611
Italy 588
US 580
France 471

I don't want anyone to die from this pandemic, but why does everyone act as though we have done so poorly especially when compared to Western Democracy. And that is with NY dumping sick seniors in old folks homes;
Those countries all have much higher average population density.

Belgium 853
Spain 629
UK 611
Italy 588
US 580
France 471

To be fair, New York and several other individual states (which are maybe more comparable to European nations with smaller populations than the US as a whole) are running at ~1800/million. That.s close to 0.2% of their entire population.

And New York state is also sitting at about 20% of their deaths coming from people in old folk's homes, compared to about 40% for the nation at large.

Reactions: shon46
To be fair, New York and several other individual states (which are maybe more comparable to European nations with smaller populations than the US as a whole) are running at ~1800/million. That.s close to 0.2% of their entire population.

And New York state is also sitting at about 20% of their deaths coming from people in old folk's homes, compared to about 40% for the nation at large.
Agree with this except for the last part. In April NY ordered that only nursing home residents who actually died at the nursing home be counted as a nursing home death. Unlike other states this excludes everyone who caught covid in a nursing home and then later died in a hospital.

Subtract Cuomo murdering his seniors and our numbers look significantly better :)

Last edited:
Reactions: shon46
Agree with this except for the last part. In April NY ordered that only nursing home residents who actually died at the nursing home be counted as a nursing home death. Unlike other states this excludes everyone who caught covid in a nursing home and then later died in a hospital.
I did not know that. If true, that definitely makes a big difference. And regardless of what the overall numbers are, it was still a dumb thing to do, so don't get me wrong on that.

I did not know that. If true, that definitely makes a big difference. And regardless of what the overall numbers are, it was still a dumb thing to do, so don't get me wrong on that.

I was a bit surprised as well. I don’t think it’s anything nefarious, but it makes it hard to draw comparisons

Here's a list of states that are all worse than the list in the original post:

New Jersey: 1811/million dead
New York: 1700/million dead
Massachusetts: 1320/million dead
Connecticut: 1253/million dead
Louisianna: 1083/million dead
Rhode Island: 996/million dead
Mississippi: 859/million dead

Many of those states could easily be nations in Europe. In Oklahoma and New Mexico? Yeah, not so bad. I consider us lucky.

Those countries all have much higher average population density.
What is the population density in a nursing home?

Death certificates only show the place of death. To make it worse the Feds sent a hospital ship with staff and it was never used nor was the remade building.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT