ADVERTISEMENT

DaQuan Jeffries

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
DaQuan has played in both of the King’s games, both losses. In his first game, he played 7 minutes, scoring 4 pts, 1-1fgs, 2-2 fts and 1 rb.

In his second game, he played 12 minutes, scoring 12 pts, 5-5 fgs, 2-2 3-pts, with 2 rbs, 1 asst and 1 stl. He led his team with a rating of +19.

In 2 games, he hasn’t missed a shot. I noticed during the exhibition play, the King’s fans were very high on him.

DaQuan has played in both of the King’s games, both losses. In his first game, he played 7 minutes, scoring 4 pts, 1-1fgs, 2-2 fts and 1 rb.

In his second game, he played 12 minutes, scoring 12 pts, 5-5 fgs, 2-2 3-pts, with 2 rbs, 1 asst and 1 stl. He led his team with a rating of +19.

In 2 games, he hasn’t missed a shot. I noticed during the exhibition play, the King’s fans were very high on him.
So you're saying he's an effective player when he actually gets to play? Sort of like Shaq. But neither of them are making $10M per so they will ride the pine. It's so bizarre to me that NBA coaches will play a less effective player for more minutes because of how much $$$ they make.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
It's so bizarre to me that NBA coaches will play a less effective player for
more minutes because of how much $$$ they make.
Isn't there a political side to this? If the coach doesn't play the higher priced
player, he is in essence telling the general manager he is a ding-ding and
doesn't recognize talent and doesn't pay the more talented accordingly.....:rolleyes:

Isn't there a political side to this? If the coach doesn't play the higher priced
player, he is in essence telling the general manager he is a ding-ding and
doesn't recognize talent and doesn't pay the more talented accordingly.....:rolleyes:
Maybe. The higher paid player may be the more gifted player but at times, after they sign that big contract they lose the hunger to be better than the guy chasing them.

But then again, let's all remember Gus Frerotte. 7th round after thought by the Redskins who I think was seriously looking to trade him to someone needing a backup for a draft pick. Redskins went back and forth between the 2 for the 1st two seasons and Gus was finally made the starter going into season 3. If you look Shuler up now, football is sort of a side note on his Wikipedia page that focuses on his businesses and political career. The higher paid guy isn't always better.

Is Shaq on a roster this season?
He was on the Bulls roster all season. The bulls didn't get invited to the bubble because they were out of playoff contention. (The bubble is just a continuation of the season that was going on prior to the shutdowns in March)
Shaq will be a restricted free agent next season for the bulls, but his contract is way cheaper than Kris Dunn’s RFA contract so there’s a chance that the bulls could bring him back.

Last edited:
Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Thanks. I'd forgotten that not every team was included in the bubble.

Thanks. I'd forgotten that not every team was included in the bubble.
Actually that was a good thing for the NBA and NHL. Don't take teams who didn't play well enough during the bulk of the regular season. I think most of the NHL teams had 6-8 games remaining before the shut down. NBA probably had 10-12. The NHL jumped straight into a really weird modified playoffs. Instead of teams 1-8, they included teams 9-12. 5-12 play a best of 5 series to get into the main 8 team playoffs and then things proceed as normal. Teams 1-4 will play a 3 game round robin for playoff seeding as the top 4 seeds. Normally that would be fun...but as Bruins fan it's excruciating as the B's had the top pts total in the league at the time of shutdown and were 8 pts clear of Tampa Bay, the next closest. The B's are an older team so getting back into game shape and speed has been a struggle for them. They haven't looked good in their scrimmages leading up to the round robin and then the Flyers hammered them in the 1st game. They haven't played well against TB or WAS the last 3-4 seasons...they just don't match up well on the back line where Zdeno Chara is as tall as a tree but also as mobile as one. Good thing is, home ice doesn't really matter since no one has it, even the Toronto Maple Leafs. Every team is in the bubble until eliminated.

The NBA stuff is wonky. Honestly, they could have jumped straight to playoffs using the same type of model as the NHL and it probably would have worked at just fine.

Since the NBA started playing again, Jeffries has seen more playing time. He’s averaging over 17 minutes/game, 6 pts, shooting 46% fgs, 29% 3-pts and 83% fts., 2.3 rbs and 1 asst.

Recently, he’s had 3 games of playing over 25 mins and 13, 12 and 7 points scored. He’s definitely been in their rotation.

Since the NBA started playing again, Jeffries has seen more playing time. He’s averaging over 17 minutes/game, 6 pts, shooting 46% fgs, 29% 3-pts and 83% fts., 2.3 rbs and 1 asst.

Recently, he’s had 3 games of playing over 25 mins and 13, 12 and 7 points scored. He’s definitely been in their rotation.
Didn't they not make the playoffs and fire their coach though? I'd think this was more of an audition moving forward.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Just because you were good at playing, does not necessarily mean you are good at managing. And vice versa.

Just because you were good at playing, does not necessarily mean you are good at managing. And vice versa.
This is very true. I always find the players that may have been great for a few years but more so so beyond that make the best managers and coaches. Students and TEACHERS of the game make the best coaches and execs. Red Auerbach is always one of my favorite examples....well after hanging up his whistle, he was still out there teaching Larry Bird and Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale how to best run and execute the pick and roll. They also understand how players fit together for roles. Patriots have been playing MoneyBall for years and it directly won them a Super Bowl on Malcolm Butler's pick because he was groomed for that role. Baseball is the hardest though and IMO, basketball should literally be the easiest to build a team. Lax cap rules, insider deals between players...hell, who needs a GM anymore when you have star players picking their own teams?

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT