ADVERTISEMENT

DaQuan Jeffries

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Nice projection for Jeffries in the NBA draft by College Basketball Today. Jeffries comes in #28 in the top 100.

28. Daquan Jeffries

Of all of the post-tournament risers on my top 100, Jeffries is the player who has risen the most. He didn’t appear on my last top 100, simply due to me not being familiar with Jeffries. After watching more Tulsa games than I care to admit and then the PIT, it’s hard not to be enamored with Jeffries.

Standing 6-foot-4 with a seven-foot wingspan, Jeffries is built like a defensive end and is one of the most functional athletes in this class. While not being flashy, Jeffries shoots well, is incredibly instinctual on both ends of the floor and projects as a capable wing/small ball big in the NBA.

Complete Top 100

https://cbbtoday.com/nba-draft/top-100-post-early-entry-edition/

So.. when I suggested this after he won the slam dunk contest... I believe I was told he would not sniff the draft... good call board.

So.. when I suggested this after he won the slam dunk contest... I believe I was told he would not sniff the draft... good call board.

I really though he would get a look in D league and maybe get his real shot in a few years. Very happy for him that he's getting some legit attention already!

Reactions: TU 1978
Nice projection for Jeffries in the NBA draft by College Basketball Today. Jeffries comes in #28 in the top 100.

28. Daquan Jeffries

Of all of the post-tournament risers on my top 100, Jeffries is the player who has risen the most. He didn’t appear on my last top 100, simply due to me not being familiar with Jeffries. After watching more Tulsa games than I care to admit and then the PIT, it’s hard not to be enamored with Jeffries.

Standing 6-foot-4 with a seven-foot wingspan, Jeffries is built like a defensive end and is one of the most functional athletes in this class. While not being flashy, Jeffries shoots well, is incredibly instinctual on both ends of the floor and projects as a capable wing/small ball big in the NBA.

Complete Top 100

https://cbbtoday.com/nba-draft/top-100-post-early-entry-edition/

--

"After watching more Tulsa games than I care to admit"

Nice... :p

So the 'warlords' of this outfit are now corporately condemning the many for the foolish
comments of the few??:rolleyes::rolleyes:Tsk, Tsk......

So the 'warlords' of this outfit are now corporately condemning the many for the foolish
comments of the few??:rolleyes::rolleyes:Tsk, Tsk......
Warlord ? I don't recall any wars.... battles or lands conquered.... Maybe you were watching GOT and got me confused with someone else...

They gave Tacko a temporary pass for being a developing big man?
I don't see Tacko in the NBA for very long if at all. He doesn't have much of an offensive game other than alley-oops and dunks. His footwork on that end of the floor is stuck in neutral. It's not very good.

His main downFall (sorry) will be the poor footwork on both ends. He simply isn't quick enough to stay with the good centers in the NBA and he will get eaten alive. And you can't hide him under the rim in the NBA as a zone rim protector...you can't play that type of defense in the NBA. And there are too many C's in the NBA that have a good to great outside game and the second you pull fall away from the basket, your team is vulnerable because of his feet. Teams like Portland, Denver, New Orleans, & Boston who have C's that can play from 15+ feet and hit shots will expose Fall's weaknesses.

And if you recall I've been saying these things about Tacko for 2 years ever since Igbanu made him look silly and turned him around with his footwork. Not picking on the kid because he played for UCF but when you analyze his strengths they don't translate to the NBA as easily because of the different rules and styles. Plus, if he gets in a game as a sub, I'm grabbing the last guy on my bench to foul him and put him on the line every time.

That is much better. All wrist though...no knee bend, arm doesn't move. Which may be better for him because of his size and strength. He tended to rush shots from the line and there was too much movement. One of the things guys his size struggle with is the size of their hands and the lack of being able to get the ball to set right in their hand preparing to shoot. Ideally you want the ball to roll from the base of the fingers through the finger tips. His fingers are so long there is a lot of motion and chance for the ball to come off them wrong. However, his trainer seems to have him slowed down, limiting extra motion and getting his arm/wrist set in the same position every time...key to FT shooting is muscle memory and creating a positive, repeatable motion every time. He can do it with the reminder there...can he focus and do remember to take that inventory when he sets up during a game now?

We could use this trainers help with shooting instruction for some current players.

I heard this guy got “drafted” by the Globetrotters yesterday.

They also drafted Kyler Murray, Mahershala Ali, Tacko Fall and a WNBA player.

Last edited:
Reactions: TulsaFan2000
OT - My friends Dad played for the Washington Generals for 2 years in either the late 50’s or early 60’s. He played for the Bullets for a year or two before. He said the guys on the Generals were always trying to win and had good talent but not Globetrotters talent. The guy played against 30 year olds until his early 70’s and could still shoot the outside shot.

I saw that as well. I also noticed Bill Lowery got drafted by the Washington Generals. They got themselves a good one!

Yusuf Baker went number 1 to them. Kuqo has been their starting center for some time. Cooper is their GM. Buzz is the coach.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
apparently, DQ is injured, but TWorld quotes a draft report as projecting him #47 to Sacramento.

Has TU had a first or second round draft since Shea? I really can't remember.

Didn't Ruffin get drafted in the second round, or did he just just get picked up after the draft?

apparently, DQ is injured, but TWorld quotes a draft report as projecting him #47 to Sacramento.

Has TU had a first or second round draft since Shea? I really can't remember.
I from what I understand he was healed up and waiting for the draft.

Yeah I’ve seen DaQuan mocked from 45-50 in many different mock drafts. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get drafted

Philly may take him with one of their four 2nd round picks. He could end up playing with Shake in Delaware.

More OT- Marques Haynes moved back to his hometown of Sand Springs for a time after his career with the Globetrotters ended in the ‘50’s. His wife and my mom led a Girl Scout troop together. Marques came to our house several times, which was kinda cool.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I am absolutely shocked that DaQuan went undrafted. I’m hoping the Bulls sign him as an UDFA so we can see him and Shaq play together

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
That was a very boring draft. Nothing cool happened. Woj bomb? More like Woj toot.

NBA continues to suck
The 2nd round should be extinct. Not needed. No guarantees. No need to have it.

I actually tuned at 40 to see the end. Sort of a bummer. DeQ has the tool set to make a team.

This is likely a better scenario, but I’m sure there is some pride later in life being able to say I was drafted by xxxxx. He’s talented, intelligent, physically gifted, and resilient so I expect to see another Shaq Harrison type of rise from him. Wishing he and his family the best on this new road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT