ADVERTISEMENT

Dane Evans

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Good for Dane. When I was working and living in the Philly area in the late 80's/early 90's I became an Eagles fan and went to a number of games. Looks like I'll be a fan once again.

Philadelphia Eagles @Eagles

Roster Move: #Eagles agreed to terms with QB Dane Evans on a three-year contract and waived WR Dorial Green-Beckham.

10:05 AM · Jun 30, 2017

All rookie free agents sign three year deals. All that's guaranteed is any signing bonus money he might get. Usually 5-10k for guys at this point. He can be cut at any point without anything else guaranteed.

All rookie free agents sign three year deals. All that's guaranteed is any signing bonus money he might get. Usually 5-10k for guys at this point. He can be cut at any point without anything else guaranteed.

I didn't know. Thanks for the clarification.

Worst case he'll be in an NFL training camp which 99.999% of the world doesn't get to do and make a little coin. That doesn't totally suck.

Reactions: theSeanDon
I think in the back of my mind I did know that and forgot. I guess I just pay attention to the guys that play on the scout team for a year or two after TU.

Can they just be paid from year to year if they only play on the scout team, or is a free agent contract the same as what you sign for the scout team?

I think in the back of my mind I did know that and forgot. I guess I just pay attention to the guys that play on the scout team for a year or two after TU.

Can they just be paid from year to year if they only play on the scout team, or is a free agent contract the same as what you sign for the scout team?

Yeah you are released and re-signed to the practice squad if you clear waivers. Different contract. Most practice squad guys were making 5k per week 10 years ago. They can pay you whatever they negotiate with you though. If multiple teams want you some guys will get the active minimum contract money if they really want to keep you.

I think he makes the practice squad for a couple of years at a minimum. He's really smart and has an elite arm. Height and mobility are issues. I like his odds more than Paul Smith's at the same time. You can't teach that arm.

Yeah you are released and re-signed to the practice squad if you clear waivers. Different contract. Most practice squad guys were making 5k per week 10 years ago. They can pay you whatever they negotiate with you though. If multiple teams want you some guys will get the active minimum contract money if they really want to keep you.
I think the minimum is 6k/week now.

He didn't just get a 1 year minimum, we'll see how it goes deal. They must see potential in him. Great to hear.

Yes, a 3 year deal means they want him around awhile so he can be developed.
I know it's not guaranteed but Pederson must see something in him and thinks he may be able to compete with Foles and McGloin. Again, Dane probably has superior arm talent to both those guys.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We all recall those 100 mph fast balls he threw as a freshman, very few of which were caught. He's got to be licking his chops now to be able to revert back & throw to guys who get big bucks to catch them.

I think I saw something about this on here, but I just read an article about Dane on the Philly site. They said someone at the combine tied the combine record with a 60 mph throw. He said at a workout Dane was clocked at 63 mph.

Keep up the great work Dane and you'll earn your spot on the roster.

Oooooooh! The irony has got to be thick! Guess who Dane is throwing to besides his favorite target from college? That would be Gary Ward, Jr. The battles these two had in college were classic & unfortunately, Ward usually came out on top. Now he's a wide receiver for the Eagles-some kind of reverse justice there. Not to mention that Kevan got hurt & lost a season playing Houston, & now he is competing for a job against Ward.

I just wonder how long it took Dane & Kevan to cozy up to their new teammate. I certainly had a love/hate relationship with him. Hated that they beat us & loved Ward's skill. Have always said that without Ward @ QB, Cougar Kitty would have been average at best. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Keep up the great work Dane and you'll earn your spot on the roster.
Greg 2
Oooooooh! The irony has got to be thick! Guess who Dane is throwing to besides his favorite target from college? That would be Gary Ward, Jr. The battles these two had in college were classic & unfortunately, Ward usually came out on top. Now he's a wide receiver for the Eagles-some kind of reverse justice there. Not to mention that Kevan got hurt & lost a season playing Houston, & now he is competing for a job against Ward.

I just wonder how long it took Dane & Kevan to cozy up to their new teammate. I certainly had a love/hate relationship with him. Hated that they beat us & loved Ward's skill. Have always said that without Ward @ QB, Cougar Kitty would have been average at best. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Greg Ward

vdev

Fallon Wacasey got a Dallas Super Bowl ring that way..

Reactions: HuffyCane
He is #4 unless Foles is unable to go. He is having arm problems and hasn't played in the preseason yet.

Totally forgot about the starter. Hopefully he made enough of an impression to get a practice squad slot. 4 QBs are a lot to carry.

Who was the last TU alum to play QB in the NFL? Was it Gus? It's been awhile
Tough call. Kinne was not drafted and did not make the gameday roster. He played a game in the CFL. Smith was not drafted but made the game day roster but did not play. Kilian was drafted but never made the game day roster. Chris Chamberlain played QB at Tulsa in the wildcat but never played the wildcat (to my knowledge) in the NFL. John Fitzgerald could have had a legit shot if he had been on legit TU teams. His Arena career was serviceable over a decade. Tyler Gooch pursued a career in insurance. Bower probably tells his chiropractic patients in Boise he should have transferred.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Tough call. Kinne was not drafted and did not make the gameday roster. He played a game in the CFL. Smith was not drafted but made the game day roster but did not play. Kilian was drafted but never made the game day roster. Chris Chamberlain played QB at Tulsa in the wildcat but never played the wildcat (to my knowledge) in the NFL. John Fitzgerald could have had a legit shot if he had been on legit TU teams. His Arena career was serviceable over a decade. Tyler Gooch pursued a career in insurance. Bower probably tells his chiropractic patients in Boise he should have transferred.

Killian played in NFL Europe... Fitz broke his throwing hand his senior yr...

Just read that Dane was in the group of 16 that the Eagles just cut to get their roster down to70 .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT