ADVERTISEMENT

Dane Evans update

The TD throw into the wind was great and strong catch by the receiver

Brandon Banks isn't hurting his play. He is looking great. Wonder if he'll get another shot at the league.

Hopefully Dane gets a raise. He's making $75k this season which includes a $10k housing allowance.
It looks like he has bonuses and incentives and presume that would help him some. Probably cross into six figures at least? So a lot better than minor league baseball but not big money.

It looks like he has bonuses and incentives and presume that would help him some. Probably cross into six figures at least? So a lot better than minor league baseball but not big money.

It's Canadian football, he plays 33% less. Plus the exchange rate......

With all his bonuses this year he’ll be in six figure territory.

Should he capitalize on every available bonus in his deal — which includes other things like leading the East Division in passing yards, being named an all-star, and winning Most Outstanding Player — Evans will earn $174,000 in 2019.

Some of the numbers above grow in the second year of the contract.

Evans’ base salary increases from $55,000 to $65,000 in 2020, while his housing allowance jumps from $10,000 to $15,000. The amount he receives when taking the majority of Hamilton’s offensive snaps also grows from $3,000 to $3,500 per game.

This means Evans’ contract maxes out at $213,000 in 2020 should he reach every available bonus.

https://3downnation.com/2019/09/19/has-dane-evans-made-jeremiah-masoli-expendable-in-hamilton/

Depends on the club cash situation I would think.

If he wins the Cup he has more value to them than other teams. Massoli would bring a better price on an open market and they would get his contract off their books. If that’s the case, he’s gonna get paid a lot more than that on the back end but still no where near NFL money.

If the club needs money, they will sell him out right I think and he’ll get a nice bump but not like if he stays there and they build a franchise around him.

I think I read that with incentives Masoli could make up to a half million. That is about as high as you can get with the CFL team caps.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Watching Dane sling it all over the field, I wonder how much more he could have done here if Monty hadn’t been micromanaging the offense for most of his career.

Reactions: TU_BLA and TU 1978
He loves Monty so I’m guessing no regrets at the coaching style.
Yeah I’ve never heard the audio clip in question but I don’t think he meant whatever he said as a slight. They really do have a great relationship.

Yeah I’ve never heard the audio clip in question but I don’t think he meant whatever he said as a slight. They really do have a great relationship.
When you went from a crap team under BB to a good and then great team under Monty.... you would probably have a pretty nice outlook on the guy too.

Watching Dane sling it all over the field, I wonder how much more he could have done here if Monty hadn’t been micromanaging the offense for most of his career.
Mostly that first year. Things were pretty vanilla the 1st yr. the 2nd year was when Monty opened things up and let the offense be more like it was at Baylor.

Mostly that first year. Things were pretty vanilla the 1st yr. the 2nd year was when Monty opened things up and let the offense be more like it was at Baylor.
I don't remember it like that. I just remember having zero defense in the first season. The offense was still very good in terms of passing. Remember Dane slingin it around against Mayfield and OU? He was making back shoulder throws to Garrett.

Kid has come a long way. I recall those high hard ones that neither theirs nor ours could catch.

Looks like when Dane first played at TU. Defense is in the backfield before he can throw.

Dane has played well after the first few series but his receivers are not doing their job. And Hamilton's defense cannot get a stop.

Reactions: TigerCane16
Obviously you wanted him to win, but it was pretty effing cool just to tap on the icon for the game on the ESPN app and see that it featured him in his throwing motion. Happy for him. He deserves all the success in the world and this undoubtedly just the first of many more big games.

His big arm really plays well on that giant Canadian field. Hell a toss to the sideline can be a 30 plus yarder!

It will be interesting what Hamilton does with their QB situation this off-season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT