ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd for Saturday

goldenhurricane2

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2006
Just took a look at the seating map on the website and it actually looks like we'll have decent attendance for this game.

Hopefully we can take advantage of the higher attendance and make a game of it (hell, or even win!).

We always have a good crowd for Navy. Unfortunately, Navy really appreciate all the extra fans in the seat.

Joking aside - OU has a bye week and OSU plays away at 7pm. We play at 2:30, which seems to be great for us, and the weather is supposed to be perfect. There are not any must see games on TV, the only ranked games are Miss St. v. Auburn and Clemson v. VA Tech, neither are great games and neither are any someone around here is like to care much about. And, as stated above, we have a competitor that is a solid draw for veterans (to cheer for or if your Army to cheer against) or just solid football fans.

No easy excuse for poor attendance this weekend. Poor attendance is a reflection of our overall performance on the field, marketing, game day experience, or lack of general support. Simply can't explain it away this time by other people playing, weather, lame competition....

I wonder what people would say in reply who come Saturday to the "will you be back question?"

If not, why?

I wonder what people would say in reply who come Saturday to the "will you be back question?"

If not, why?

That's a good question. I'm assuming this game is drawing more simply because of the opponent. However, the free military tickets and the $5 tickets at ford dealers probably aren't hurting either.

I expect 22k-25k in the seats. There are so many people who come to this game simply because it is Navy and either they served or a family member served in the branch. Let's not complain about that.

For the individual who stated that there is no local reason to really watch the VaTech/Clemson game...um, did you forget that the VaTech coach is from Tulsa, played football at Union HS, and also played at OU? I'd say there are plenty of people around here interested in that game.

For the individual who stated that there is no local reason to really watch the VaTech/Clemson game...um, did you forget that the VaTech coach is from Tulsa, played football at Union HS, and also played at OU? I'd say there are plenty of people around here interested in that game.

My point was that it shouldn't impact attendance.

I said that game isn't likely to be one that anyone around here is likely to care much about. If having someone on staff that is from Tulsa (or someone who played two years at OU 20 years ago) is important enough for many people to skip a live Tulsa football game and watch a game that is otherwise not impactful to local teams or leagues... then TU football is utterly screwed. "Yeah, I'd love to go to the Tulsa game, but this guy I saw play at OU in 1996 is coaching his 68th football game on ESPN2 - so I'm not going to be able to make it."

I'm sure someone in Tulsa cares - but I just can't imagine a huge number of people using that as an excuse to skip the TU game.

I said that game isn't likely to be one that anyone around here is likely to care much about. If having someone on staff that is from Tulsa (or someone who played two years at OU 20 years ago) is important enough for many people to skip a live Tulsa football game and watch a game that is otherwise not impactful to local teams or leagues... then TU football is utterly screwed. "Yeah, I'd love to go to the Tulsa game, but this guy I saw play at OU in 1996 is coaching his 68th football game on ESPN2 - so I'm not going to be able to make it."

I'm sure someone in Tulsa cares - but I just can't imagine a huge number of people using that as an excuse to skip the TU game.
Gotcha. People in Tulsa will use any excuse...it's too expensive, it's too hot, the game is too early, it's too late, I don't like the opponent, the mall is open (#1 excuse)

Reactions: JesseTU

But you're forgetting the most important excuse, I saw him play at Union 20+ years ago. Didn't a previous HC head up his team then...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT