ADVERTISEMENT

Cross Country

I saw we are ranked 7th in the country, was as high as 5 at one point. What has our highest ranking ever been?

I saw we are ranked 7th in the country, was as high as 5 at one point. What has our highest ranking ever been?
Right around there. We finished 5th at nationals last year which I think was our best finish. Right now OSU is ranked #1 in the midwest region and we are #2 and it's been ranked that way all season. TU should be poised for a podium finish this season at nationals which will be in Stillwater. I was reading somewhere that maintaining that ranking is key as it would actually mean TU would AQ for nationals and bypassing the regional. I don't know how accurate that is or maybe it's a projection that they would be a qualifier at the regional meet.

Reactions: TUcandoit
So this was just announced on Facebook -

🌀Thank you to the Greiner Family for their generous support of TU athletics!
We are pleased to announce plans for the Simon Greiner Track & Field Complex

#ReignCane👑🌀
I saw the large sign with the rendering at the north end of the soccer complex. Thought I had missed this…great to hear!

Oops, just pulled up that on the TU site and didn't look at the date.

Was last year on tomorrow! 🤭😳🤭

Last edited:
Reactions: TU1NNJ
Was #6 in nation going into today. We should hop up a spot at least.

Tied with OSU in points but won on tie breaker.
TU runners finished 3,4,5,&6. 5th runner finished 31st. Want to win a high stakes cross country meet? Have 4 runners in the top 6. I'm not sure what the tie break is, maybe how many outside the top 10? TU is definitely a contender at nationals.

Not only that but we missed first by like .2 second or something.

TU runners finished 3,4,5,&6. 5th runner finished 31st. Want to win a high stakes cross country meet? Have 4 runners in the top 6. I'm not sure what the tie break is, maybe how many outside the top 10? TU is definitely a contender at nationals.
LOL, we finished 3, 4, 5 and 6 -- and then wayyy back at 31 was Luke Lambert. It must be hard to be Luke. He ran 6.2 miles at an average pace of 4:52 per mile (for 6.2 miles, not 1 mile!), which by normal human standards is beyond stupidly fast. And his teammates were like "nice to see you, Luke, we finished, had a stretch, went to the cafe and got a coffee and scone, started to wonder if you got lost".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT