ADVERTISEMENT

Credit Cards

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
Why do you feel like credit cards are either a good or bad thing ? Discuss

They can be either one. If you buy with one and always pay the full amount due when it comes due then you can make the fantastic amount of five percent on certain quarters of the year on selected subjects. Of course, they count on you not doing that.

I buy almost everything with credit cards. But then I also never carry a balance either.

Earns my family of 5 business class travel to Europe. Gives me recourse to dispute charges. No downside.

If you are responsible with them, yeah, awesome. I switched to a travel type card and plan on exploiting the hell out of it.

They aren’t good for some small businesses. Then again, I question whether JJ’s and Rio Verde were incredibly honest on their tax returns before they finally got machines.

Bur this has evolved so much and I spent so little time around people last year, it feels weird when I do pay in cash. “What is this wrinkled paper for again?”

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
If you are responsible with them, yeah, awesome. I switched to a travel type card and plan on exploiting the hell out of it.

They aren’t good for some small businesses. Then again, I question whether JJ’s and Rio Verde were incredibly honest on their tax returns before they finally got machines.

Bur this has evolved so much and I spent so little time around people last year, it feels weird when I do pay in cash. “What is this wrinkled paper for again?”
True you need to know yourself. If you know that you cannot keep track of your money then a credit card is not for you and it would be smart to avoid them.

BTW I am not being high and mighty about debt. I have debt. Credit cards are generally a terrible way to finance debt with occasional exceptions like special rates or Amazon no interest financing.

Last edited:
I buy almost everything with credit cards. But then I also never carry a balance either.

Earns my family of 5 business class travel to Europe. Gives me recourse to dispute charges. No downside.
I was thinking about getting the Sams Credit Cars to buy gas and groceries with, then the Fidelity Investment card to get 2% cash back. I have never had a balance on any of mine as I pay them off as soon as I make the purchase. I listen to Clark Howard and Dave Ramsey quite a bit, Dave hates them but Clark is for them if you are responsible.

At the end of the day asking if credit cards are good or bad is like asking if rocks are good or bad.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Chase Sapphire for travel if you don’t carry a Centurion. The rest are trash, especially the Southwest card.

AAdvantage Executive Platinum is pretty good if you prefer AA and use their lounges.
But you are tied to their flights and if you use the miles for international travel, that limits where you can go. Not so with Sapphire and you earn more and the cash value is higher. I’m Exec Plat, so agree on their lounges. Centurion Lounges are boss too. The card is worth the fee alone if you do 6 trips a year.

Reactions: drboobay
I live in Tulsa and AA has really beefed up service, now to 7 nonstop destinations as of Nov (plus Miami on Sat). And 2x daily to LA. So I am all in.

Reactions: HuffyCane
i dropped my aa card. it took about 2 years to accumulate enough points. so by the time i paid all the fees, i might save less than $100.00 per tickets. not a good bargin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT