ADVERTISEMENT

credit card rip

aTUfan

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Apr 18, 2011
la la land
I paid my credit card bill through bill pay on my bank account. I entered the wrong amount, it was $2.00 short. I was penalized with interest on the shortage, $93.00.

I'm not sure how $2.00 becomes $93.00.

the cc did give me the benefit of the doubt and reversed the penalty

I paid my credit card bill through bill pay on my bank account. I entered the wrong amount, it was $2.00 short. I was penalized with interest on the shortage, $93.00.

I'm not sure how $2.00 becomes $93.00.

the cc did give me the benefit of the doubt and reversed the penalty
Why should you expect to have it happen any differently than that? That's the normal way things are handled. If you submit a payment that is 1 cent or 20 bucks short of the amount, then the computer penalizes you the normal amount of a penalty for being late with your payment. If there is a snafu of any sort, whether it is your fault or theirs, you just have to call them up and explain the situation to a person. They will usually be accommodating to you even in situations where your fault was even greater than your situation was,(like they did for you) as long as you haven't called in with a similar situation over the last several months. This is normal everyday fair with credit card snafus that happen to anybody, in any given month. You are complaining about something that is normal to the board, and acting like you were wronged in some unforgivable way. You were not.

Let me guess, it was a Citibank card? They like to charge you interest and accrue it immediately, and put you through hoops to take care of the interest. The only thing you would have been wronged on, any more than any other card, would be if it was Citibank, and you had to jump through those hoops because it was Citibank.(I've had cards with Capital, Synchrony, Wells Fargo, and Chase. None of them did me like Citibank did.) No other credit card I have had, makes you jump through the hoops and argue, to get the interest alleviated if it is taken care of in a week or 10 days of when the payment was due. It just takes a little more arguing with Citibank. The rest of it, dealing with the computer, then calling them up and dealing with a person, if it is any amount short, for even 1 day, is normal.

Reactions: TU 1978
Why should you expect to have it happen any differently than that? That's the normal way things are handled. If you submit a payment that is 1 cent or 20 bucks short of the amount, then the computer penalizes you the normal amount of a penalty for being late with your payment. If there is a snafu of any sort, whether it is your fault or theirs, you just have to call them up and explain the situation to a person. They will usually be accommodating to you even in situations where your fault was even greater than your situation was,(like they did for you) as long as you haven't called in with a similar situation over the last several months. This is normal everyday fair with credit card snafus that happen to anybody, in any given month. You are complaining about something that is normal to the board, and acting like you were wronged in some unforgivable way. You were not.

Let me guess, it was a Citibank card? They like to charge you interest and accrue it immediately, and put you through hoops to take care of the interest. The only thing you would have been wronged on, any more than any other card, would be if it was Citibank, and you had to jump through those hoops because it was Citibank.(I've had cards with Capital, Synchrony, Wells Fargo, and Chase. None of them did me like Citibank did.) No other credit card I have had, makes you jump through the hoops and argue, to get the interest alleviated if it is taken care of in a week or 10 days of when the payment was due. It just takes a little more arguing with Citibank. The rest of it, dealing with the computer, then calling them up and dealing with a person, if it is any amount short, for even 1 day, is normal.
this isn't I=PRT as we learned on school.

no way that the interest should be greater than the principal.

this isn't I=PRT as we learned on school.

no way that the interest should be greater than the principal.
You never stated that you paid off the balance besides the error, or any other similar details about what might have happened. You could have had a 4k balance and just made your required minimum payment minus $2. You were a bit vague, either way you were vague and complaining about them making an error that they corrected with a single phone call. So there wasn't a problem despite you bitching like you are being persecuted.

You never stated that you paid off the balance besides the error, or any other similar details about what might have happened. You could have had a 4k balance and just made your required minimum payment minus $2. You were a bit vague, either way you were vague and complaining about them making an error that they corrected with a single phone call. So there wasn't a problem despite you bitching like you are being persecuted.
the bill was $3476.88, I paid $3474.68 leaving a balance of $2.00 which accrued interest of $93.47. I call and they removed the interest.

We had 2 that charged late fees when we paid 4 electronically days ahead of time and even when it hit our account the day before the due date with the reasoning of, “ it has to fully process through our system before the end of the due date”.
We paid electronically 4 days ahead, you took the money the day before it was due, and it’s not “fully processed? By the end of the due date? FU
We paid those cards off after that happened twice in 6 months and cancelled them. Such a scam.

the bill was $3476.88, I paid $3474.68 leaving a balance of $2.00 which accrued interest of $93.47. I call and they removed the interest.

How dense can you get? I'm assuming it is an Amex card, or one that works like it. Easy to correct. You just don't understand how your credit card works, and want to bitch to the world that they did you this great injustice. The whole world is taking money out of your bank account 8 days a week, and making you suffer. :rolleyes: Even if you were totally in the right, they corrected it in one phone call, and you are on this board bitching bout your personal business life that nobody cares about.

We had 2 that charged late fees when we paid 4 electronically days ahead of time and even when it hit our account the day before the due date with the reasoning of, “ it has to fully process through our system before the end of the due date”.
We paid electronically 4 days ahead, you took the money the day before it was due, and it’s not “fully processed? By the end of the due date? FU
We paid those cards off after that happened twice in 6 months and cancelled them. Such a scam.
I should owe something for the shortfall, but 5000% seem excessive

• Haha
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I should owe something for the shortfall, but 5000% seem excessive

Actually that would be 4650% x 12, if they were doing it on $2 and annual interest per month. But go ahead & call it 5000% interest. Read the fine print that you signed for, or ask them the pertinent questions when you call, about how it all works. You didn't get charged a dime, but you are still bitching about it in your head.

So the credit card execs win!

You persecuted MF. :rolleyes: This is why you bitch about anybody getting something you think is yours, because you don't understand, and can't let it go. You let things like this run a marathon in your head.

Actually that would be 4650% x 12, if they were doing it on $2 and annual interest per month. But go ahead & call it 5000% interest. Read the fine print that you signed for, or ask them the pertinent questions when you call, about how it all works. You didn't get charged a dime, but you are still bitching about it in your head.

So the credit card execs win!

You persecuted MF. :rolleyes: This is why you bitch about anybody getting something you think is yours, because you don't understand, and can't let it go. You let things like this run a marathon in your head.
I understand the extra for carrying a balance. but this was an obvious mistake

• Haha
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT