ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Lies

Said nobody in this thread.
I was going to say... what does that even have to do with anything that anybody said.... these “ Patriots “ are getting so many people killed especially in this state because they are too stupid to realize how deadly this is

I was going to say... what does that even have to do with anything that anybody said.... these “ Patriots “ are getting so many people killed especially in this state because they are too stupid to realize how deadly this is
The numbers say it’s not deadly. Still less than 1% die from it!

The higher the cases go up, the higher that 1 percent is, also just because you don’t die from it does not mean it will not screw you up badly. Idk about you, but I really don’t want to get a 105 fever, lose my sense of taste or smell , have bad rashes on my arms and legs, or in some cases , have strokes . The chances of you and me dying from it? Very slim I do agree, but this is not about me or you. This is about protecting those that it can kill. With your logic , you are basically saying “ to hell with everyone else as long as I’m healthy “

The higher the cases go up, the higher that 1 percent is, also just because you don’t die from it does not mean it will not screw you up badly. Idk about you, but I really don’t want to get a 105 fever, lose my sense of taste or smell , have bad rashes on my arms and legs, or in some cases , have strokes . The chances of you and me dying from it? Very slim I do agree, but this is not about me or you. This is about protecting those that it can kill. With your logic , you are basically saying “ to hell with everyone else as long as I’m healthy “
I had it! Didn’t do anything to me other than a fever and headache. Notice we have shifted the narrative. First it was Covid will kill 2 mill by end of yr. then it was 500,000. Now the narrative is about infection rate. Notice, they have now included Covid related infections and deaths in the stats. How many times will they move the down and distance sticks? And what are Covid related deaths? Pneumonia or respiratory issues? As in People are breathing in their own germs from cloth masks and or the normal flu which has disappeared. Why has the overall death rate for the US not increased based on a 10 yr average? We have medication that work to fight all this. We now have vaccinations. IMHO the extreme lockdowns this time around are being used as a political tool used to consolidate wealth for the rich.

Last edited:
I had it! Didn’t do anything to me other than a fever and headache. Notice we have shifted the narrative. First it was Covid will kill 2 mill by end of yr. then it was 500,000. Now the narrative is about infected rate. Notice, they have now included Covid related infections and deaths in the stats. We have medication that work. We now have vaccinations. IMHO the extreme lockdowns this time around are being used as a political tool used to consolidate wealth for the rich.
That’s because we had restrictions and it lowered the number, now deaths, hospitalizations are skyrocketing. The medical workers are burnt out because of how busy they are with covid , we have a vaccine almost here. Do I think we should shut down? Absolutely not, but the problem is people keep getting in big groups with no masks and causing outbreaks. ALSO I am happy that it did not do much to you and you beat it, BUT just because it didn’t hurt you much dosnt mean it won’t to someone else , I have had it also and it did more to me than you but I was able to beat it, does this mean I want people to stop living life? No, but be smart about how you approach things

My wife had a particularly hard day yesterday with a COVID patient. He was in the ICU, and she didn't leave his room for hours. She stayed three extra hours and didn't get home until 11 PM. He was dying. Might be dead by now.

Please stop.

My wife had a particularly hard day yesterday with a COVID patient. He was in the ICU, and she didn't leave his room for hours. She stayed three extra hours and didn't get home until 11 PM. He was dying. Might be dead by now.

Please stop.
Your wife is a true hero, sorry idiots are making her job harder . And I’m sorry she has to see that horrible side of this everyday

Please stop.
My wife as well. They're begging her to come in tomorrow since there are only 3 nurses for 8 patients. Were mostly isolating ourselves now. Im worried not that i will get sick... but if i do, and need a hospital bed, i won't get one because they're all full.

My wife as well. They're begging her to come in tomorrow since there are only 3 nurses for 8 patients. Were mostly isolating ourselves now. Im worried not that i will get sick... but if i do, and need a hospital bed, i won't get one because they're all full.
What is the treatment for a virus other than providing fluids and possibly pain medication?

Personal attacks come in many forms. You either attempt to hide behind the idea that nobody else realizes that, or you are just dumb to your own words and actions. I'm going towards dumb. You think you just don't speak politically correct, but what you do is something else entirely.

Personal attacks come in many forms. You either attempt to hide behind the idea that nobody else realizes that, or you are just dumb to your own words and actions. I'm going towards dumb. You think you just don't speak politically correct, but what you do is something else entirely.
I ask a simple question and you get into your feelings. I have no clue how they are treating patients and obviously he has first hand knowledge. You ever thought about seeing someone about your issues. Im starting to worry about your mental health. You seem to go through extreme ups and downs. You might be suffering depression and not be aware.

Insensitive and unaware.
You have endured a lot this year. I bet this isn’t the first time you are hearing this either. I won’t say anything else about this subject with you but just give it some thought!

Are you referring to my parents, or something else?
Im not sure this is the right forum to discuss this. I respect your privacy and understand what you have been through. We never have to talk about this again. Just know this is the right time to start to address some of those things.

This is a great new site I found that really drills down I to the COVID #‘s and provides a different perspective on how to make sense of the statistics!

You have endured a lot this year. I bet this isn’t the first time you are hearing this either. I won’t say anything else about this subject with you but just give it some thought!
I'll just assume you are referring to my parents, considering a reference to anything else would just be you blathering on...

That had nothing to do with my feelings. And on a completely separate note, I've always compartmentalized my thoughts and emotions, and nothing I say on here is in any way affected by my grief. There is no thought necessary, no addressing of that issue necessary. You lack importance, insight, and any consequence to even be addressing that issue here or anywhere else. And you are an ass for bringing that up. If you had read my posts on here for any length of time, you would have seen there is no change in stance, or opinions, or how I express myself, from before I lost my parents.

I pity you, that you cannot conceive the relation of what was said by others(not me) in former posts, and realize the relation to that in your present words. It wasn't me who was offended by your words before or now. I was simply confounded by your obtuseness to bring up a similar subject again, and not even realize. I was actually laughing in a dark pitying way at your obliviousness to your own comment. Complete lack of self awareness.

I'm not really talking to you when I comment on your posts. I realized awhile back that you are never going to completely understand anyone's pov except your own. And I really don't think you even understand your own.

Reactions: Clong83a
I work with people everyday who have experienced and seen horrific things and act out bc of their pain. You exhibit those same characteristics. I see right through your words. You know I know. I won’t beleaguer my point.

You don't have a clue. Like I said, my posts haven't changed. I went after aTUfan the same as I do you, before my parents. Don't belabor a point that you have no reference on.

Reactions: Clong83a
I work with people everyday who have experienced and seen horrific things and act out bc of their pain. You exhibit those same characteristics. I see right through your words. You know I know. I won’t beleaguer my point.
I was telling you to stop spreading disinformation about this in March. Before my wife treated her first COVID patient, and before my kids had spent much time away from their friends. My message has not changed either. You are downplaying a disaster. Many people here are trying to tell you that your "perspective" is unwelcome and harmful to efforts to get through this. You don't listen.

I'll ask one final time before I regrettably block you: Please stop.

You don't have a clue. Like I said, my posts haven't changed. I went after aTUfan the same as I do you, before my parents. Don't belabor a point that you have no reference on.
I’m sorry for your loss and also can’t believe he is trying to turn that into a point to try to win an argument , this guy is not normal.

I was telling you to stop spreading disinformation about this in March. Before my wife treated her first COVID patient, and before my kids had spent much time away from their friends. My message has not changed either. You are downplaying a disaster. Many people here are trying to tell you that your "perspective" is unwelcome and harmful to efforts to get through this. You don't listen.

I'll ask one final time before I regrettably block you: Please stop.
Thousands of health professionals around the world not cow towing the Chinese controlled WHO narrative are not spreading disinformation. I listed every source I ever quoted from the same sources Fauci quotes. What’s regrettable is the attitude to block/censor any views that you don’t agree with and the inability to debate a problem that clearly the world is in violent disagreement over!

What is the treatment for a virus other than providing fluids and possibly pain medication?
I'll give a good faith response to this question:

Polio is a virus. Smallpox is a virus. Both require more than fluids and bedrest.

A serious COVID case is labor intensive to treat. Patients take weird turns all the time. They have to be flipped on to their bellies every so often to help clear their lungs. They have to get blood thinners to prevent embolisms because that happens a lot, and then they cough so hard they rupture blood vessels and suffer internal bleeding and have to be taken off of them again and infused with clotting agents. They require pretty much constant attention. They have to be given agents to raise their blood pressure when it crashes, which is frequent. There's a lot more to it than just that, but to just give you an idea. There is no cure and ultimately your body fights off the infection. The nurses and doctors just try to keep you alive in the meantime so that you have a chance to do that.

People were just dying a lot more frequently in the beginning because we didn't know how to do some of that stuff yet. Now we know how to treat more effectively. We can save more lives, but those lives require.. ahem... intensive care. They don't call it the intensive care unit for :crap:s and giggles. And all those patients that would have died in April are taking up beds and overwhelming our medical system. It's a good step, but we could really use with fewer people getting the disease.

Thousands of health professionals around the world not cow towing the Chinese controlled WHO narrative are not spreading disinformation. I listed every source I ever quoted from the same sources Fauci quotes. What’s regrettable is the attitude to block/censor any views that you don’t agree with and the inability to debate a problem that clearly the world is in violent disagreement over!
Fine, I won't block you. You are not as annoying as Rippin and I can deal with you. But I won't respond any more on this issue to you.

I'll give a good faith response to this question:

Polio is a virus. mallpox is a virus. Both require more than fluids and bedrest.

They have to be flipped on to their bellies every so often to help clear their lungs. They have to get blood thinners to prevent embolisms because that happens a lot, and then they cough so hard they rupture blood vessels and suffer internal bleeding and have to be taken off of them again and infused with clotting agents. They require pretty much constant attention. They have to be given agents to raise their blood pressure when it crashes, which is frequent. There's a lot more to it than just that, but to just give you an idea. There is no cure and ultimately your body fights off the infection. The nurses and doctors just try to keep you alive in the meantime so that you have a chance to do that.

People were just dying a lot more frequently in the beginning because we didn't know how to do some of that stuff yet. Now we know how to treat more effectively. We can save more lives, but those lives require.. ahem... intensive care. They don't call it the intensive care unit for :crap:s and giggles. And all those patients that would have died in April are taking up beds and overwhelming our medical system. It's a good step, but we could really use with fewer people getting the disease.

I have stayed off of this subject, but our niece is a ICU nurse in one of the larger hospitals in Tulsa. They have a patient who has to be flipped periodically. But he weighs 500 pounds and that is minus one leg. She is small but strong. Not that strong. It takes four people to turn him. He is no help. They get it done but four are occupied in doing it and at the end they are all spent. You are correct it is intensive care. She regularly works 12 or more hours. She is a DNP and ready to start teaching but is not going to leave till when (or if) this gets over.

Last edited:
The people you are arguing with are all republicans. Myself, TUMe, Maverick, URedskin, Clong, all republicans. These are not leftist liberals despite your desire to call us all RINOS.(I'm pretty sure that group accusation is in your head.) I told you this had nothing to do with my feelings, it doesn't. It has to do with the fact that you and those like you are causing difficulty for the health care workers, and husbands of health care workers, uncle's of health care workers etc.(My niece is a health care worker on top of it all. I, just like TUMe, just haven't mentioned it.) It has to do with that attitude causing more deaths, and hardship on society.

You just ignore this disease and say only the strong survive, while the posters and their loved ones do their best to care for those who need it, while the system is becoming overrun. They are losing the ability to perform their jobs to save lives that can be saved. That's due to people like you and probably in excess of a hundred million out there just like you, contributing to the system being overrun. But you only argue harder, instead of trying to see the other point of view, and rationally analyze the discussion.

I am through talking to you about this. I may be through talking to you about anything. Like I said, because I post something about your post, don't assume I am talking to you. I am talking to others on this board. It doesn't accomplish much of anything for me to have a discussion with you. I could change my mind on that, but it will only be because I think the conversation might be of some value to others on this board.

The people you are arguing with are all republicans. Myself, TUMe, Maverick, URedskin, Clong, all republicans. These are not leftist liberals despite your desire to call us all RINOS.(I'm pretty sure that group accusation is in your head.) I told you this had nothing to do with my feelings, it doesn't. It has to do with the fact that you and those like you are causing difficulty for the health care workers, and husbands of health care workers, uncle's of health care workers etc.(My niece is a health care worker on top of it all. I, just like TUMe, just haven't mentioned it.) It has to do with that attitude causing more deaths, and hardship on society.

You just ignore this disease and say only the strong survive, while the posters and their loved ones do their best to care for those who need it, while the system is becoming overrun. They are losing the ability to perform their jobs to save lives that can be saved. That's due to people like you and probably in excess of a hundred million out there just like you, contributing to the system being overrun. But you only argue harder, instead of trying to see the other point of view, and rationally analyze the discussion.

I am through talking to you about this. I may be through talking to you about anything. Like I said, because I post something about your post, don't assume I am talking to you. I am talking to others on this board. It doesn't accomplish much of anything for me to have a discussion with you. I could change my mind on that, but it will only be because I think the conversation might be of some value to others on this board.

To be fair, I did leave the GOP around 2008 when I briefly moved back to Oklahoma and didn't register with the GOP there. I have been registered as an independent ever since*, and have never (and likely never will) join the Democratic party. I'd be far more likely to reregister as GOP than to register as a D.

*When I moved to California in 2009, I did inadvertently register with the "Independent Party", which is apparently a thing. But I corrected that pretty quickly.

Fun fact: The Independent Party in California is the third largest political party in the state, and most of its membership doesn't even have any idea they are members.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
To be fair, I did leave the GOP around 2008 when I briefly moved back to Oklahoma and didn't register with the GOP there. I have been registered as an independent ever since*, and have never (and likely never will) join the Democratic party. I'd be far more likely to reregister as GOP than to register as a D.

*When I moved to California in 2009, I did inadvertently register with the "Independent Party", which is apparently a thing. But I corrected that pretty quickly.

Fun fact: The Independent Party in California is the third largest political party in the state, and most of its membership doesn't even have any idea they are members.
I did kinda cheat on you. I remembered that you had waffled between Indy and GOP. I just couldn't remember which on you had presently lit upon. I knew you were more inclined towards GOP and had some vague recollection that part(not all) of your reasoning for not being in the GOP or recently declaring
for the GOP was because it wasn't close to the party you had formerly been affiliated with and/or wanted to be affiliated with.

So I cheated a little, cuz I knew you leaned Republican way more than you leaned Democratic.(which was not at all) The main thing was you don't lean democratic.
That was the important thing.
It just would have been too wordy to say four guys are GOP, and one leans GOP/not Democratic.

Besides you are a shining member of the same damn party Shon is affiliated with. 😁

Central lines, ventilators, levophed drips, lasix, remesivir infusions, crrt, rotoprone beds, to name a few. You only get those though while youre dying from a virus. My plan is to not get it or if i do, not to get sick enough to need a hospital bed...because there wont be any.

I get why people are angry with shon. But i don't care. I think he's partially right. It's not THAT deadly, but it's deadly enough for me not to want to get it. Also, I don't like being sick period, cold, flu, allergies, etc. So i'll pass on COVID, thanks. But for me and mine, being nurses, we aren't going to church anymore for a bit, only had my family for thanksgiving (me, wife, 3 kids, that's it). Some family members were upset, don't care. My house, my life. My kids are still going to school though. Maybe I'm a hypocrit. But I need them in school to keep their development going and that's a risk I'm willing to take, but I'm going to limit all other types of social interactions to the bare minimum for the next couple months.

The people you are arguing with are all republicans. Myself, TUMe, Maverick, URedskin, Clong, all republicans.

Im a Republican too, I just don’t reply to shon often. I don’t want to end up in a situation like I did with Rippin in the Alley a couple years ago.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Im a Republican too, I just don’t reply to shon often. I don’t want to end up in a situation like I did with Rippin in the Alley a couple years ago.
I’m registered as an independent because I’m pretty much in the middle, it just saddens me that this has become a political issue, instead of uniting as a country to fight this, we divide even more and all of a sudden if you take this seriously, your supposably a Democrat, and if you don’t, your a Republican. I just can’t wrap my head around it, you literally have nurses and doctors BEGGING for people to take this seriously but because Billy Bob on YouTube had a conspiracy theory , people won’t listen

Central lines, ventilators, levophed drips, lasix, remesivir infusions, crrt, rotoprone beds, to name a few. You only get those though while youre dying from a virus. My plan is to not get it or if i do, not to get sick enough to need a hospital bed...because there wont be any.

Thanks, maverickfp, you put it much more detailled than I could have. You also put words that if we are not familiar with we can look up. I have two medical professionals in the family, but I have left them alone. At work they are busy and at home they probably don't want to add more stress by rehashing.

The problem comes now. There are people who don't want to understand because it doesn't meet their ideology.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT