ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Lies

It’s breaking out in the schools. I doubt kids go back after next week, if it lasts that long. And without the few schools that are open, it’s back to March and April.
Unfortunately schools are known for viruses to spread , I’m just worried that we could start seeing more cases with kids that end up being more serious than people are used to with kids... yes , it is inconvenient to not have your kid in school, but it would be a lot more inconvenient if they were on a ventilator...
PS ... the schools are not meant to be a babysitter , seems like that’s what a lot of people think now

They aren’t babysitters, but for people with younger children, it’s a guarantee that they won’t get any work done if the school isn’t open. Some of us have jobs that require an attention span and quiet.

They aren’t babysitters, but for people with younger children, it’s a guarantee that they won’t get any work done if the school isn’t open. Some of us have jobs that require an attention span and quiet.
That’s true, there really isn’t a perfect solution, but the safety of kids should be the top priority , but as you said ,it is very hard for people that have those kind of jobs

Washington Governor cancels Thanksgiving!

If I cook a turkey am I in violation of his EDICT. Am I allowed to go to the store and buy cranberry sauce or stuffing. Hevean help us if I make a pumpkin pie.

It’s an issue for hospital capacity too because healthcare workers have had to drop out of the workforce to stay home with children.

https://knst.iheart.com/alternate/a...n-learning-options/?__twitter_impression=true
THIS^^^^

Our daycare is closed voluntarily until further notice given the recent spike in cases. My wife is getting called in more frequently for more erratic work shifts, including night shifts. She can and does say no when she can't work, but she is being asked to work 4 or 5 12-hour shifts a week recently. Two wards in her hospital have been coverted to COVID wards.

And I am also expected to put in a full work day from home while I have no daycare for a 2 and a 4 year old, and my wife, even if she is home and can watch the kids, is exhausted.

It's not the flu.

Reactions: TUMe and Gold*
THIS^^^^

Our daycare is closed voluntarily until further notice given the recent spike in cases. My wife is getting called in more frequently for more erratic work shifts, including night shifts. She can and does say no when she can't work, but she is being asked to work 4 or 5 12-hour shifts a week recently. Two wards in her hospital have been coverted to COVID wards.

And I am also expected to put in a full work day from home while I have no daycare for a 2 and a 4 year old, and my wife, even if she is home and can watch the kids, is exhausted.

It's not the flu.
And I bet your little ones want to be with dad all day!

Just another example of how this virus has truly been a gift and curse!

Just another example of how this virus has truly been a gift and curse!
No, it's been mostly damaging for them. Their mother is less and less available, they can't see their friends, and their dad keeps going into his "office" and asking them to leave him alone while he tries to maintain some semblance of productivity. They feel abandoned and it's heartbreaking.

Edit:
Oh, and thousands of people are dying alone drowning in their own phlegm without getting to properly say goodbye to their loved ones. That too.

Yeah I wouldn’t call this level of tragedy a blessing in anyway. I just had to do an eviction that was arguably Covid related. You do what you have to do, but there is immense sadness and tragedy right now. To call it a “blessing” evidences a pretty twisted set of beliefs needed to somehow support Trump and Stitt and such idiots. It’s shameful.

Yeah I wouldn’t call this level of tragedy a blessing in anyway. I just had to do an eviction that was arguably Covid related. You do what you have to do, but there is immense sadness and tragedy right now. To call it a “blessing” evidences a pretty twisted set of beliefs needed to somehow support Trump and Stitt and such idiots. It’s shameful.
The Glass is always half full for me. I have always been and always will be a positive person. I took the time I had in lockdown to self reflect and improve myself and my family. I work and travel so much. I finally got a chance to focus just on my child during lockdown and my bond is stronger than it’s ever been. I’m sure if I focused on the negativity, I would be a bitter and frightened soul. For me and my house, we focus on all the things we have to be thankful for and negativity is not allowed!

The Glass is always half full for me. I have always been and always will be a positive person. I took the time I had in lockdown to self reflect and improve myself and my family. I work and travel so much. I finally got a chance to focus just on my child during lockdown and my bond is stronger than it’s ever been. I’m sure if I focused on the negativity, I would be a bitter and frightened soul. For me and my house, we focus on all the things we have to be thankful for and negativity is not allowed!
I am glad that has worked out for you. Others are not as lucky, and it comes across as pretty tone deaf to celebrate the "good" things that have you have experienced from this crisis. I have had even less time with my family than ever, even though I am home all the time.

There have been many difficult sacrifices and choices made by many people right here on this board. Mine is not even the hardest one, IMO. Not even close. But you have continually told us all this is overblown. Look at this thread title that you created, "COVID Lies". You are actively cheapening the sacrifices that are ongoing, telling us that you do not value them because you do not feel COVID is a serious illness. I was willing to tolerate it in April. But not anymore.

You have no idea what people are going through. You have been very lucky if you have much of anything positive to focus on. I am glad you do, but you should probably refrain from celebrating any 'gifts' that COVID has brought anyone.

Life is challenging for all of us however things could always be worse. We could have a President that believes in more lockdowns. Oh wait, I guess we do now 😂. The only difference between you and I is perspective. I refuse to let the China virus change mechanism drag me and those close to me down.

Life is challenging for all of us however things could always be worse. We could have a President that believes in more lockdowns. Oh wait, I guess we do now 😂. The only difference between you and I is perspective and I refuse to let the China virus change mechanism drag and those close to me down.
You're wrong. And you are condescending and dismissive of real sacrifice, yet again.

You're wrong. And you are condescending and dismissive of real sacrifice, yet again.
Perspective, I was passive aggressive, but am always positive.(sarcasm if it isn't obvious)

Either you think if you don't admit it, we will be uncertain, or you are just unaware.

Perspective, I was passive aggressive, but am always positive.(sarcasm if it isn't obvious)

Either you think if you don't admit it, we will be uncertain, or you are just unaware.
When the China Virus policies that are about to be put into place bankrupt your company and cause you to go into foreclosure like millions are already experiencing, I would say I told you so but I would be too busy trying to help raise money to save you.

I get where you’re coming from Shon. There’s not a lot that fazes me either. But you have to realize how saying “you only feel bad because you have the wrong perspective” sounds to someone who is struggling. It’s kind of like a military person downplaying the adversity someone is having in their life because they experienced so much “worse.” Yeah your perspective is different, but everything is relative. You wouldn’t tell your wife to suck it up after she got fired just because you might have seen some crap in Fallujah, so it doesn’t make much sense to invalidate how people feel right now just because your experience the last few months has been different. For a lot of people, especially kids, this has become a real mental health crisis caused by social isolation and that doesn’t get repaired just by changing one’s perspective.

I get where you’re coming from Shon. There’s not a lot that fazes me either. But you have to realize how saying “you only feel bad because you have the wrong perspective” sounds to someone who is struggling. It’s kind of like a military person downplaying the adversity someone is having in their life because they experienced so much “worse.” Yeah your perspective is different, but everything is relative. You wouldn’t tell your wife to suck it up after she got fired just because you might have seen some crap in Fallujah, so it doesn’t make much sense to invalidate how people feel right now just because your experience the last few months has been different. For a lot of people, especially kids, this has become a real mental health crisis caused by social isolation and that doesn’t get repaired just by changing one’s perspective.
I acknowledge your thoughts and appreciate your insight. While playing at TU, i learned many important life lessons. In Highschool I lost 5 Games in 4 yrs. when I got to TU, we lost four games in the first two months. I was devastated and depressed. I almost left. I spoke to my dad and grandpa about leaving and they gave me some great advice. Block everything else out and focus on you and what you can control. Our team record over the yrs was my lemon, me making the All Conference was me turning that lemon into lemonade. I changed my perspective. I focused and excelled while many others around me who focused on the losses struggled. My positive attitude became infectious and the results were unmatched. My girlfriend made All Conference, my Roommates (Shoals, Brown, Ponder, Young, Rayburn) all were extremely successful. We all had unconquerable spirits despite our poor success as a team. I encourage everyone who feels down or is struggling through this, look up, get up, and never give up! We will overcome

I acknowledge your thoughts and appreciate your insight. While playing at TU, i learned many important life lessons. In Highschool I lost 5 Games in 4 yrs. when I got to TU, we lost four games in the first two months. I was devastated and depressed. I almost left. I spoke to my dad and grandpa about leaving and they gave me some great advice. Block everything else out and focus on you and what you can control. Our team record over the yrs was my lemon, me making the All Conference was me turning that lemon into lemonade. I changed my perspective. I focused and excelled while many others around me who focused on the losses struggled. My positive attitude became infectious and the results were unmatched. My girlfriend made All Conference, my Roommates (Shoals, Brown, Ponder, Young, Rayburn) all were extremely successful. We all had unconquerable spirits despite our poor success as a team. I encourage everyone who feels down or is struggling through this, look up, get up, and never give up! We will overcome
This would work in a self help seminar or motivational speaking because your audience is eager to hear it. It’s the reason they’re there. And it’s an admirable thing to teach your kids. But no one, and I mean no one, who doesn’t recognize you as an authority figure wants to hear that message from a stranger after experiencing tragedy.

Last edited:
This would work in a self help seminar or motivational speaking because your audience is eager to hear it. It’s the reason they’re there. And it an admirable thing to teach your kids. But no one, and I mean no one, who doesn’t recognize you as an authority figure wants to hear that message right after experiencing tragedy and a lot of people have and are.
Planting the seeds for the spring!

This is totally comparable to an international emergency where 250,000 of your countrymen died needlessly, followed by social strife. Great work.

I believe you are quite accustomed to this point of view and it biases your perspective.
We gov experts disagree all the time. There are many more experts who don’t agree but they have all been banned and censored from fake stream media.

This is totally comparable to an international emergency where 250,000 of your countrymen died needlessly, followed by social strife. Great work.
More will die needlessly from shutdowns. Great work!

More will die needlessly from shutdowns. Great work!

Where did I mention shutdowns? You trivialized the tragedy of many Americans, including posters on this board, by comparing Covid to your relatively meaningless athletic career. It was sick and twisted comment. Get help. There are more important things than who played for Keith Burns.

And you did this the day after you whined about trigger warnings. You’re a clown show. I’m embarrassed you went to TU.

Sorry but playing a game is not the same as dealing with life and death, people that are acting like this are getting people killed all over the world

Perspective!
My wife watches people suffer and die, slowly and alone, helpless to save them. If you’ve seen combat, you should know that isn’t a trivial thing to witness.

You make threads called “COVID Lies” and spread disinformation that actively makes her job and life harder. Then you tell me that it’s all a matter of “perspective” when I say that this has had a resounding and unmitigated negative impact on most people’s lives.

If you don’t understand why I find your ‘perspective‘ insulting, then you really are dense.

Reactions: watu04
I encourage you to read my initial post. There was nothing I posted that was not factual. Almost every source I listed to support what I wrote was taken directly from the CDC website. I am not denying Covid exist. I do however question the numbers, figure heads, and fake media pushing their narrative. I encourage everyone to question and research everything and form your own educated conclusions. After all, isn’t that why we post here? To have educated discussions on various topics based on our individual research and personal experiences ? I acknowledge and thank your wife’s courage and dedication through challenging times.

I'm being slightly sarcastic... but if only the majority of the American populous was able to afford to be a single earner household with a stay at home parent (mom or dad) and didn't have to rely on public schools to be babysitters.

A pope argued that position several decades ago by more or less by decrying that businesses were not paying sufficient wages so that one parent (particilarly the mother) could stay home. Seems very old fashioned idea now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT