ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Lies

With other factors as causes for rising #'s, I just can't buy that though case #'s are rising exponentially, that wouldn't be significantly higher without mask mandates. If the cases were growing at a 75% increase over the next few months, as opposed to a 95% increase over the next few months(without a mask mandate) then in my mind it would be worth it to maintain the mandate.(Just throwing out #'s to let you understand my position. Don't know what the #'s are and/or would be.)

If the #'s were 75% and 78-82% without them, then I would have second thoughts about the value of the mask mandate. I just don't think we can be sure which figures would be closer to the truth. Thus my support of the mask mandate.

To speak in terms of a known position of yours.(which I agree with) The hospitals ability to function and death count could immediately inundate us until we have a vaccine. Where as, the threat of the environmental climate change is not as immediate. Trying to find solutions to fight global warming that help minimize the damage, rather than resolving the problem, would not cause nearly as severe a problem immediately as the virus could.
Noticed I forgot to include the section in blue when composing the post. /\

My Aunt who is an RN at a nursing home in my town just tested positive. Our community has started to be hard hit in any communal health institutions (nursing homes, rehab facilities, etc...) this probably means my uncle has it as well because they tested her on Tuesday and they didn’t find out until Friday. They’re both late 50’s early 60’s. Apparently the nursing home is asking her to continue working unless she is showing significant symptoms. I’m not sure if there are people in the nursing home who DONT have the virus yet, but if there are and the facility is doing stuff like that I would call it murder in a lawsuit.
Ya that will get a place shut down IMO , that is just asking for a big lawsuit , sorry your family members have it

Where do you live ?
Wyo. But cases are very much on the rise here. I’m worried about getting it right now because I just changed jobs and don’t have any sick time to use. If I get it I can’t take off work or I won’t be paid (if they’ll even allow me to take off without pay)

The reason I disagree with that is just because there is a mask mandate does not mean people follow them, and you have all of the people in Broken Arrow, Bixby, Sapulpa, ect coming in. You also have lots of people at ball games not social distancing as well. Do I think masks prevent it? Absolutely not! I do, however , believe they cut your chances of getting it or spreading it.
In Europe they all follow the mask mandate but are all experiencing the same high number of outbreaks. Masks don’t work!

Last edited:
In Europe and they all follow the mask mandate but are all experiencing the same high number of outbreaks. Masks don’t work!
In Europe the population density is far greater than it is in the areas where the US is having the most rapidly growing cases.

Wyo. But cases are very much on the rise here. I’m worried about getting it right now because I just changed jobs and don’t have any sick time to use. If I get it I can’t take off work or I won’t be paid (if they’ll even allow me to take off without pay)

Stay safe buddy. Hope you live in the scenic part of Wyoming :). The Jackson Hole area is one of my favorite places on earth.

In Europe the population density is far greater than it is in the areas where the US is having the most rapidly growing cases.
If wearing a mask was even a Little effective, the results would be the same no matter what the population density is. Masks don’t work and the unhygienic cloth masks kill!

I am not a big fan of masks, but there are places that require them. I bought 50 at a good price. They are clearly labeled as single use. Reusing them is when you get unhygienic masks. I live in a city that doesn't require them so they will last a long time.

Context around that number is probably needed. 4,751 cases reported contains cases that occurred over several days and sometimes weeks. The most recent number of cases reported by the state by date of onset(rather than date of report) is around 1700 in one day. Still a high number though.
Like I said

We usually show less cases and deaths on the weekend. They wind up reported during mid-week. It is really hard to get a coroner on Sunday when you need one.

That’s scary. It’s happening in my neck of the woods as well. They’re going to need to start opening up emergency locations for serious patients and grabbing doctors / nurses from outside the ICU to staff them.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
That’s scary. It’s happening in my neck of the woods as well. They’re going to need to start opening up emergency locations for serious patients and grabbing doctors / nurses from outside the ICU to staff them.
The ICU is officially full of COVID here in Los Alamos, too. My wife was taking care of four ICU Covid patients last week on her regular shift, the most she's had to do at one time.

And we are a small town with 10,000 people and only ~75 cases to date.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
The ICU is officially full of COVID here in Los Alamos, too. My wife was taking care of four ICU Covid patients last week on her regular shift, the most she's had to do at one time.

And we are a small town with 10,000 people and only ~75 cases to date.
Yeah. 4:1 ratios are unsafe in the icu. My wife is having the same problem north of dallas. These icu and er nurses and techs need hazard pay or theyll just quit. Its already happened. 10 nurses in a 20 bed icu unit have quit in a big hospital around here...massive burnout and no compensation. #bailoutnurses

Stay safe buddy. Hope you live in the scenic part of Wyoming :). The Jackson Hole area is one of my favorite places on earth.
Not as near Jackson as I’d like to be but I do have family up there so I make it up there occasionally. It’s actually where we had our wedding. Luckily I’m not too far away from lots of outdoor activities though, which I enjoy. Hiking, rock climbing, snow shoeing, sailing, skiing are all less than an hour away. 2.5 hours and I can make it to legit backcountry camping / hiking.

Reactions: bluegold70 and TUMe
Not as near Jackson as I’d like to be but I do have family up there so I make it up there occasionally. It’s actually where we had our wedding. Luckily I’m not too far away from lots of outdoor activities though, which I enjoy. Hiking, rock climbing, snow shoeing, sailing, skiing are all less than an hour away. 2.5 hours and I can make it to legit backcountry camping / hiking.
Was actually going to take my vacation in Wyoming to see some neat things ( of course staying away from people) mainly wanting to sight see, any suggestions?

Can't speak for the anti-maskers, but it has always harmed kids, just at a low rate. Between February and November of this year there have been 115 covid deaths for the age group 0-17. Over the same time period there were 124 flu deaths.

I’m really worried about the next few months with basketball season starting and too many stupid adults acting like it’s not a big deal

My Uncle was just diagnosed with Covid Pneumonia. He’s in his early 60’s. He one of the nicest guys you will meet, but he’s also a big Fox News guy and I think it came back to bite him in the butt. My aunt took him to the hospital because his blood oxygen levels were falling below 90 and they couldn’t elevate them. Hospital is full. They put him on an IV and gave him some medicine and sent him home. We’re really scared for him as he’s had a few health issues in the recent past. He used to be heavier set but lost a lot of weight to an illness not long ago. Really hoping he pulls through. He’s my closest family member outside my mom / wife.

Viruses don’t care what side you’re on. They don’t care if you don’t believe in how bad they are. I just wish everyone would be more careful. Because it’s really just selfishness that’s continuing this epidemic.

Reactions: TUMU
Now that it’s starting to harm kids, do the anti maskers still think this is a hoax?

188 children died of the flu last flu season. It’s always a tragedy when a child dies for any reason but let’s understand the risk to our children compared to other illnesses / causes. 636 children under 12 died in 2018 in auto accidents for instance.

Yeah it's obviously a lot more deadly than the flu for people 40+, but for kids the media has been heavily focusing on bad anecdotes to scare parents and not doing a good job of accurately reporting what is happening.

188 children died of the flu last flu season. It’s always a tragedy when a child dies for any reason but let’s understand the risk to our children compared to other illnesses / causes. 636 children under 12 died in 2018 in auto accidents for instance.
In the country or state with the flu?

I agree generally. My wife really was wanting to do thanksgiving because she wants the family gathering etc. I just cant allow it. Small family gathering just us and thats it. Well survive til next year.

I agree generally. My wife really was wanting to do thanksgiving because she wants the family gathering etc. I just cant allow it. Small family gathering just us and thats it. Well survive til next year.

I'm in a weird situation where my conservative parents in Tulsa are deciding against Thanksgiving, but my liberal in-laws in El Paso have invited us over. They have been advocating shutting down businesses again, but are still comfortable having people over at their house. The covid stuff just doesn't break down neatly on party lines like people would like to think.

Last edited:
Reactions: TUMU and maverickfp
Im willing to bet if we don’t kill each other bc of the election, we will come together and rise up against against the tyranny of the endless lockdowns. Either that or we will all starve to death from unemployment

the #s will raise from now until January 21st, then miraculously the #s will start to drop.

the #s will raise from now until January 21st, then miraculously the #s will start to drop.
Nope , people are too stupid to do the right thing in Oklahoma because they all still think this is just a conspiracy to take away your rights , think it is fake? Go to the Hillcrest Covid unit or those poor kids from Prague’s hospital room

I did find out that Prague has a 6 year old also in the ICU

I suspect the covid numbers for children in 2020 will end up similar to the flu season of 2018-2019. I would assume there are similarities between those kids who suffer the most with covid to those who struggle with the flu.

Last edited:
Reactions: TULSARISING
I suspect the covid numbers for children in 2020 will end up similar to the flu season of 2018-2019. I would assume their are similarities between those kids who suffer the most with covid to those who struggle with the flu.
Hope so, hate seeing it

Reactions: lawpoke87
I suspect the covid numbers for children in 2020 will end up similar to the flu season of 2018-2019. I would assume there are similarities between those kids who suffer the most with covid to those who struggle with the flu.
I suspect they will be 150-200% of flu #'s for children. But it will still be in the same ballpark.

Last edited:
Reactions: astonmartin708
It’s breaking out in the schools. I doubt kids go back after next week, if it lasts that long. And without the few schools that are open, it’s back to March and April.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT