ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Lies

They always say the person had an underlying preexisting condition.

What are the conditions and to what degree. We all have something.

Its not serious for the majority of health folks.
We have over 900 people in the hospital with it and are out of ICU beds and numbers keep rising, in the last 2 days, 30 people have died in Oklahoma, it’s only going to get worse because people are still not respecting it

Less than 1% of people infected actually die thanks to our great health system, medications, and amazing doctors and nurses. It’s sucks to get it but it’s not the end of the world and certainly not worth shutting down over or mandating mask wearing.

Less than 1% of people infected actually die thanks to our great health system, medications, and amazing doctors and nurses. It’s sucks to get it but it’s not the end of the world and certainly not worth shutting down over or mandating mask wearing.
I do get what you are saying, I really do, I’m just worried about this winter when people want to pack a gym for a highschool basketball game, that’s when I’m afraid it’s going to get really bad

I do get what you are saying, I really do, I’m just worried about this winter when people want to pack a gym for a highschool basketball game, that’s when I’m afraid it’s going to get really bad
I think a lot more people than we think have had the China Virus and been asymptotic. At some point nature will take over and naturally make our bodies more resistant to this virus if it hasn’t already happened. There are two choices. Let the virus run it’s natural course without applying personal restrictions on the population or shut down until there is a permanent solution. I believe in protecting the weak but lockdown kills even the strong via mental health issues, drug/alcohol use, stress, and sedentary lifestyle.

Reactions: TULSARISING
We have over 900 people in the hospital with it and are out of ICU beds and numbers keep rising, in the last 2 days, 30 people have died in Oklahoma, it’s only going to get worse because people are still not respecting it

It’s a contagious virus. It’s going to spread. Especially as we head into winter. People in my industry have been very vigilant with safeguards yet we’re still becoming infected. Aside from shutting down again I don’t see much which can be done except to continue to exercise caution and safeguards.

It's interesting the OK fatality rate is just over 1% but the national rate is 2.7% considering how unhealthy of a state we have.

84 Oklahomans died of the flu last season, many due to underlying conditions. A peak of 350 were in the hospital on Feb 9th.
1,221 have died of COVID-19 so far, many due to underlying conditions. 956 are currently in the hospital.

I think a lot more people than we think have had the China Virus and been asymptotic. At some point nature will take over and naturally make our bodies more resistant to this virus if it hasn’t already happened. There are two choices. Let the virus run it’s natural course without applying personal restrictions on the population or shut down until there is a permanent solution. I believe in protecting the weak but lockdown kills even the strong via mental health issues, drug/alcohol use, stress, and sedentary lifestyle.
I do believe that we will eventually we will be resistant to it , this really is a no win situation

If you test positive for covid19,
Are you sick?
Are you contagious?
Are you ****ing serious? If you are positive you are 100% contagious. You may not be symptomatic or feel sick...it just means that your body is coping well with the infection. However, it is able to still spread to another individual. This is what makes it so much different than the flu.

Are you ****ing serious? If you are positive you are 100% contagious. You may not be symptomatic or feel sick...it just means that your body is coping well with the infection. However, it is able to still spread to another individual. This is what makes it so much different than the flu.
My grandson tested positive. Never felt bad

There are other people who have complications after they are past the initial stage. And they are not all seniors. In fact, that is known to happen in people in their 20s. I know one.

My grandson tested positive. Never felt bad
I believe it. And what's the possibility and how many people did he potentially pass it on to? And how many of them did end up feeling sick? That's the point with this...not everyone gets super sick, and the overall mortality rate is low but who is it for you or me to say to ANYONE else that I don't care about you or whether you get sick so I'm not wearing a mask. Most people are smart enough to understand what the daily numbers and stats show us. We all know the mortality rate is somewhere between 1-2% but my parents, my kid's grandparents, could end up getting this because someone who thinks it's "not that deadly" or it's a hoax decided their personal rights mattered way more than anyone else's right to actually live.

He got it at a college party, was tested, and quarantined. And yes he doesn't take it as serious as we do.

I believe it. And what's the possibility and how many people did he potentially pass it on to? And how many of them did end up feeling sick? That's the point with this...not everyone gets super sick, and the overall mortality rate is low but who is it for you or me to say to ANYONE else that I don't care about you or whether you get sick so I'm not wearing a mask. Most people are smart enough to understand what the daily numbers and stats show us. We all know the mortality rate is somewhere between 1-2% but my parents, my kid's grandparents, could end up getting this because someone who thinks it's "not that deadly" or it's a hoax decided their personal rights mattered way more than anyone else's right to actually live.
I love and respect life but this is not about the 1-2% it’s about the greater good. The greater good (98%) of the population should not adjust to protect the 2%. It’s completely illogical and really outrageous. Every old person is not going to die bc they are exposed to or contract the virus. This is nothing but fear and has nothing to do with what the actual science tells us.

I wear a mask and a shield. I have extra masks in my car along with wipes and hand sanitizer. Surprise! Surprize!
Then whý do you act as if the virus isn't that serious. I have relatives and associates who have your cavalier attitude, and they avoid those thing anytime they can get away with it.

I love and respect life but this is not about the 1-2% it’s about the greater good. The greater good (98%) of the population should not adjust to protect the 2%. It’s completely illogical and really outrageous. Every old person is not going to die bc they are exposed to or contract the virus. This is nothing but fear and has nothing to do with what the actual science tells us.
My oh my, you are being asked to wear a mask, god forbid you should have to adjust in such horribly atrocious way.

Episode 4 of Star Trek, Spock, "Surely the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Can we agree that masks aren’t the answer? Maybe they marginally help but it sure looks like when you get people together in enclosed spaces the virus spreads regardless of masks.

Reactions: shon46
Can we agree that masks aren’t the answer? Maybe they marginally help but it sure looks like when you get people together in enclosed spaces the virus spreads regardless of masks.
No. Masks aren't the whole answer. But they are a part of the answer until a vaccine comes along. It won't even be the whole answer because some people who take flu shots also get the flu. The virus will mutate probably each year or so. I don't like wearing a mask but they are part of the answer for now.

Reactions: Clong83a
I’m not advocating not wearing a mask but looking at the current situation in Europe where masks are mandatory in most locations it certainly appears their effectiveness is quite limited. Part of the problem can be explained with transmission research which shows almost 90% of infections occur at home.

I think they help but everyone would have to wear one but that will never happen. It does suck but the best way to limit your chances of getting it are to stay away from people ( which I know is impossible) but if you can stay away from large groups of people, you limit your chances significantly

I think they help but everyone would have to wear one but that will never happen. It does suck but the best way to limit your chances of getting it are to stay away from people ( which I know is impossible) but if you can stay away from large groups of people, you limit your chances significantly
Yeah, wear a mask that’s already proven to not be effective in slowing down the virus forever, stay away from everyone forever bc the virus will mutate. Just live in fear about a virus that literally does nothing to 98% of the population. This is absolute and absurd crazy talk!

Yeah, wear a mask that’s already proven to not be effective in slowing down the virus forever, stay away from everyone forever bc the virus will mutate. Just live in fear about a virus that literally does nothing to 98% of the population. This is absolute and absurd crazy talk!
Did I say to stay away from everyone forever? I said your chances will significantly be lower if you stay away from large groups of people. It doesn’t KILL 98% of people, but it does hospitalize a bunch of folks , we now have no ICU beds available because people act like this is no big deal, and we wouldn’t even know if masks work because people are to busy trying to prove they have rights not to wear one.

And I DO believe you should continue to live your life, and no I don’t believe in living in fear , but I do believe in using common sense , you are pretty much begging to catch it if you go into a gym this winter compacted with people

And I DO believe you should continue to live your life, and no I don’t believe in living in fear , but I do believe in using common sense , you are pretty much begging to catch it if you go into a gym this winter compacted with people
Already had it and didn’t do anything to me. I’m in Europe where we had no choice but to wear a mask and wearing a mask still didn’t work so yeah, screw wearing masks. It’s actually spreading faster now with people wearing masks. They are pushing a vaccination for everyone in Europe even though it effects less than 2% of the population. Again, it sucks to get it but it’s not a death sentence and not everyone who gets it has side effects.

Already had it and didn’t do anything to me. I’m in Europe where we had no choice but to wear a mask and wearing a mask still didn’t work so yeah, screw wearing masks. It’s actually spreading faster now with people wearing masks. They are pushing a vaccination for everyone in Europe even though it effects less than 2% of the population. Again, it sucks to get it but it’s not a death sentence and not everyone who gets it has side effects.
I’m glad it didn’t cause you to get sick! I had it as well but had 104 fever, body aches, and the worst sore throat, but thankfully I recovered as well , my concern is that when basketball season comes around with highschool this year, deaths will go up

Agree. I do believe part of the problem is that masks give people a false sense of security and makes people more likely to gather in group activities. So in reality the masks aren’t the problem it’s the activities we are engaging in partly due to masks.

Agree. I do believe part of the problem is that masks give people a false sense of security and makes people more likely to gather in group activities. So in reality the masks aren’t the problem it’s the activities we are engaging in partly due to masks.
Exactly, I’m not saying you shouldn’t go see small groups of friends and family! Matter of fact , you should now more than ever to keep your mental health strong , but going into huge groups of people right now is dangerous and reckless

Also let me say, I know there is nothing that will make you 100% safe from it, but you can drastically cut those chances

Where are the studies that show Social distancing works? Many studies show the virus to be airborne. You can’t stop people from getting something airborne unless you have Mil grade masks. Studies also show that people with O blood type are somewhat immune. All factors combined, I think we should let it run its course.

Masks are effective, how effective is the only question.

My guess, due to everybody not wearing them, the types of masks worn, not enough social distancing, large groups of people in close quarters, etc, I'd say they are say they are about 30 percent effective.

Still worth it.

Europe was the model for social distancing and mask for the US? If mask and social distancing worked, Europe wouldn’t be in the same exact boat at the US. It doesn’t work

Where are the studies that show Social distancing works? Many studies show the virus to be airborne. You can’t stop people from getting something airborne unless you have Mil grade masks. Studies also show that people with O blood type are somewhat immune. All factors combined, I think we should let it run its course.

We saw this spring that extreme social distancing does work. Basically shutting things down. The obvious problem is this approach isn’t feasible long term as it does more harm than good. Protect the elderly and allow those low risk people to exercise appropriate caution. It is what it is.

IDK...my ICU nurse wife and this OR nurse have never had it nor has any of our colleagues. We wear a basic mask in the OR, my wife wears an N95 and a shield with known COVID positive patients, otherwise just a regular mask with regular ICU patients. We go to Sam's Club and Walmart with our kids. We wash our hands the same way we always have. We went to an escape room with friends. Honestly not sure how people are getting it. Just being dumb I guess and letting their guard down. We get together with folks from our church a couple times a month and non of us have gotten it. The only person I've even known that has gotten it is a husband of a wife in the PACU where i work. And he got it on some hunting trip, they slept together the night before he had a fever and was then in the ICU for over a week. The wife never had symptoms and has had multiple negative tests over 2 weeks. Go figure.

This thing is random. Wear a mask and stay away generally from the public. Then again, I'm up in the guts and lungs of people everyday at work with a basic mask and my wife takes care of people who have no control over their bodily functions and is all up in their business cleaning and sunctioning, etc. daily. Don't be stupid, wash hands, and chill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT