ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Lies

shon46

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Sep 16, 2008
UK
So having read Covid threads and argued with many of you on Covid numbers and in some cases even been flat out wrong in some of the stats i stated, it inspired me to really dig deep into the numbers of Covid and educate myself. I ended up going to the CDC and evaluating their numbers. So right now as we speak, states and cities are experiencing lockdown based on the premise that Covid is spreading and a second wave is impending. Here are the CDC #s: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailytrendsdeaths
I guess the bump post July 15 was the second wave they were freaking out about but either way we have been in decline since April . So 2,339 per 100000 people contract Covid which equals 2.3% of the population test positive. According to the CDC, people showing symptoms of influenza are between 3-11% of the total US population while asymptotic and symptomatic are between 5-20%. So even during this pandemic, way more people get the flu than Covid. Looking at state by state deaths, there are only 65 deaths per 100000 people. The total US death rate is .065%. If you go to Wikipedia, and look up Covid (which we know is inflated) their estimate is .0.82%. In comparison, it says the influenza A typical pandemic fatality rate is 1%. According to these CDC stats, the pandemic has been over since the middle of April and way more people contract and die from influenza than they do Covid. This whole thing has been a complete joke!
For the mask mafia fear mongers.......according to the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy,239 Scientist sent an open letter to WHO stating that a cloth or face covering does very little to prevent emission or inhalation of small particles. It also says wearing a cloth mask helps spread Covid! Keep Wearing those masks!

Last edited:
Obviously death rates are very important, since deaths are permanent. However, switch to the cases profile with a click of the button over the graph, and you will see a clearer picture of what is going on with the spread of the disease. Also, remember that in many cases there is damage left behind when the disease exits. This includes damages to vital organs.

The reduction of deaths is a great sign, but for many who have the full blown disease yet survive, their can be damages the will continue or progress with time. This is especially true for older victims.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA and Clong83a
Obviously death rates are very important, since deaths are permanent. However, switch to the cases profile with a click of the button over the graph, and you will see a clearer picture of what is going on with the spread of the disease. Also, remember that in many cases there is damage left behind when the disease exits. This includes damages to vital organs.

The reduction of deaths is a great sign, but for many who have the full blown disease yet survive, their can be damages the will continue or progress with time. This is especially true for older victims.

Yeah, looking at the numbers, if you are between 50-75, the China Virus CAN be absolely deadly. The infection rate and death rate of the China virus is still less than influenza.

Y
So having read Covid threads and argued with many of you on Covid numbers and in some cases even been flat out wrong in some of the stats i stated, it inspired me to really dig deep into the numbers of Covid and educate myself. I ended up going to the CDC and evaluating their numbers. So right now as we speak, states and cities are experiencing lockdown based on the premise that Covid is spreading and a second wave is impending. Here are the CDC #s: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailytrendsdeaths
I guess the bump post July 15 was the second wave they were freaking out about but either way we have been in decline since April . So 2,339 per 100000 people contract Covid which equals 2.3% of the population test positive. According to the CDC, people showing symptoms of influenza are between 3-11% of the total US population while asymptotic and symptomatic are between 5-20%. So even during this pandemic, way more people get the flu than Covid. Looking at state by state deaths, there are only 65 deaths per 100000 people. The total US death rate is .065%. If you go to Wikipedia, and look up Covid (which we know is inflated) their estimate is .0.82%. In comparison, it says the influenza A typical pandemic fatality rate is 1%. According to these CDC stats, the pandemic has been over since the middle of April and way more people contract and die from influenza than they do Covid. This whole thing has been a complete joke!
For the mask mafia fear mongers.......according to the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy,239 Scientist sent an open letter to WHO stating that a cloth or face covering does very little to prevent emission or inhalation of small particles. It also says wearing a cloth mask helps spread Covid! Keep Wearing those masks!
You are comparing many multiple and evolved strains of the flu with a more or less single strain of Covid. For this to be a valid comparison you would need to be comparing all the instances of SARS (globally) with all the instances of the flu (globally) over all of medically recorded history.

Covid is a Frankenstein of multiple strains of influenza to include SARS. If you look at the Wiki link, it separates Covid from the different Influenzas globally.

Covid is a Frankenstein of multiple strains of influenza to include SARS. If you look at the Wiki link, it separates Covid from the different Influenzas globally.
That's not what I mean. What I mean is, you're comparing the infection / death rates from every influenza strain, depending on the study, that could mean everything from the Spanish Flu in 1918 to Swine Flu and beyond. SARS is not a subset of the Flu. They are two different viral phenomenon. Covid-19 is a subset of the SARS virus, not the Influenza virus.

Yes, more people get infected with the Flu every year, but there are multiple types of flu and the most common ones are the least deadly. Mostly varying strains of Type B. The 'Type A' strains of the Flu are the ones that usually cause the most panic as they are able to mutate faster than the Type B strains.

When comparing the single strain of SARS-COV-2 with that of various influenza strains (with the exception of the Spanish Flu of 1918) Covid-2 has been the most deadly single strain of virus to come to America's shores for 100+ years. In 57 the US saw an H2N2 variant kill an estimated 70-116K. In 68 they had H3N2 which killed an estimated 34-100K people in the US.

The WHO estimates that there are 290-650K deaths WORDLWIDE from ALL STRAINS of influenza each year. That's out of some 1 Billion estimated infections. That's a death rate of (650 x 10^3) / (1 X 10^12) = .000001 deaths / case. That's far lower than Covid's death rate even when using the upper estimate of 650K influenza deaths per year. Even if you assumed that Covid had already infected all ~325 million people in the USA, Covids death rate would be roughly 216,000/325,000,000 which equals .000665 deaths / infection and that's for a single viral strain.

Reactions: TUMe and Clong83a
That's not what I mean. What I mean is, you're comparing the infection / death rates from every influenza strain, depending on the study, that could mean everything from the Spanish Flu in 1918 to Swine Flu and beyond. SARS is not a subset of the Flu. They are two different viral phenomenon. Covid-19 is a subset of the SARS virus, not the Influenza virus.

Yes, more people get infected with the Flu every year, but there are multiple types of flu and the most common ones are the least deadly. Mostly varying strains of Type B. The 'Type A' strains of the Flu are the ones that usually cause the most panic as they are able to mutate faster than the Type B strains.

When comparing the single strain of SARS-COV-2 with that of various influenza strains (with the exception of the Spanish Flu of 1918) Covid-2 has been the most deadly single strain of virus to come to America's shores for 100+ years. In 57 the US saw an H2N2 variant kill an estimated 70-116K. In 68 they had H3N2 which killed an estimated 34-100K people in the US.

The WHO estimates that there are 290-650K deaths WORDLWIDE from ALL STRAINS of influenza each year. That's out of some 1 Billion estimated infections. That's a death rate of (650 x 10^3) / (1 X 10^12) = .000001 deaths / case. That's far lower than Covid's death rate even when using the upper estimate of 650K influenza deaths per year. Even if you assumed that Covid had already infected all ~325 million people in the USA, Covids death rate would be roughly 216,000/325,000,000 which equals .000665 deaths / infection and that's for a single viral strain.
Further, even if you buy into this bizarre notion that the deaths are overinflated because of some political reason to mark non-covid deaths as covid deaths, you can just take the US out of the equation. What happens when you remove all of our confirmed deaths and cases? It should go way down, right? Since Shon here is claiming that the actual fatality rate is over an order of magnitude lower than what we observe?

So let's see... Let's make this simple and suppose that all the currently active cases resolve well and nobody else dies from it. That means that in the US, there are 8 million cases, and 218,000 deaths. That gives a fatality rate of 2.7%

What about the rest of the world? Let's see....

39.1 million confirmed cases. 8 million of those are from the US, so we will say 31.1 million cases.

1.1 million deaths worldwide, with .22 million from the US, so 880,000 deaths.

So the rest of the world, discarding all US cases is... 880000/31100000 = 2.84%

Huh. Funny that it didn't change much. It actually went up slightly.

So excluding US cases doesn't change the death rate significantly. So does that means that pretty much every other place on earth is also inflating deaths for one reason or another? Chad? Somalia? South Africa? Argentina? Egypt? Hong Kong? All of them? (All of those are 2% or higher by the same metrics above) If anyone believes that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Occam's razor test: What is more likely? That there is a worldwide conspiracy or comedy of errors/weird policies that leads to a somehow exaggerated death rate for a nasty cold bug that is less deadly than the flu (according to shon)? Or that maybe this is actually a serious disease?

Part of the problem with this disease is that it is not quite deadly enough to convince people like Shon of its seriousness. If it killed 20% of everyone infected indiscriminately, it would be pretty obvious and catastrophic. Bodies would be piling in the streets and pretty much everyone would be witness to ghastly mass graves and the like. I think most people would very strictly adhere to the rules if that were the case; nobody wants to take a 20% chance on their life. But that's not the way it is. As a healthy individual, you are very very likely to survive it. So it is in a sweet spot position where it poses a very serious threat to society at large while simultaneously posing a relatively low risk to most healthy individuals. Ignoring it entirely would lead to deaths in the millions in the US alone, and yet would pose little risk to most healthy individuals.

The WHO has estimated there have been 766 million cases or 10% of the world's population if I did my math correctly. I would argue the only way to arrive at a fatality rate is by estimated cases due to the prevalence of asymptomatic cases and lack of mass testing worldwide.

Reactions: maverickfp
You know, d**mn well the bump truly hasn't taken place yet. I can't believe your biases are so deep that you are skewing the data to say 💭 what you want it to say 💭.
88670235-ostrich-head-in-sand-proverb-cartoon-character.jpg

Last edited:
The WHO has estimated there have been 766 million cases or 10% of the world's population if I did my math correctly. I would argue the only way to arrive at a fatality rate is by estimated cases due to the prevalence of asymptomatic cases and lack of mass testing worldwide.
Still, there are 1.1 million attributed deaths worldwide (I would suspect that to be underreported given the ability of some poorer countries to test / attribute) That's more than the WHO's flu average on any given year by close to an order of 2 (650K deaths / year for flu vs. 1.1 million and counting for Covid) and it's still affected less people than ALL STRAINS of the flu combined on a given year (756 million vs. ~1 Billion). And the year still isn't over.

Why we're still having this dumb flu discussion is beyond me.

There seem to be a wide variance. It runs from no symptoms to in immediate danger to your life. Many are without symptom. My 20 year old granddaughter was fairly sick for two days only. And she is high risk since she has diabetes. Back to work and school after isolation for 14 days. You are presumed contagious.

Reactions: Clong83a
Perhaps there have been that many, it’s kind of hard to say. But my post wasn’t about trying to figure out what the actual fatality rate was. Whatever that number is, it is likely not 2.7%. If I had to venture an educated guess, I’d say it is around 0.5%-1.5%. I will say that if you take reported deaths at face value, but use the WHO infection numbers, you arrive at a death rate that is provably too low. That comes to a death rate of something like 0.15 percent. Higher rates than that have died in several US states, as well as Italian and Spanish provinces, and that are not at 100z infection rates. So implicitly the WHO is suggesting there is a massive undercount in the deaths as well, likely from the same countries that havent counted their cases properly due to lack of testing. You die in a hut somewhere with no test, you probably don’t go in the official numbers for that country.

The point was that some people on here, including you, claim that the US uses a methodology to count deaths which causes inflated death numbers. As far as other countries go, some do an excellent job with testing, testing far more of their population than the US on a per capita basis, catching many asymptomatic cases, while others do a piss poor job and basically only catch the really sick people. And there are also probably 100 different ways each nation tallies their dead due to COVID, too. And that is kind of my point. You average all of that up together, the good and the bad, and you get the same number for the CFR using the same methodology that the US reports. That’s not a coincidence.

Last edited:
shon has lost all credibility by saying that Influenza and SARS are anything like each other. They will both make you sick and the similarity ends. It his been fun but I for one would just as soon he goes back to Norman.

He’s been sold out for a long time.
When you can’t think critically and are scared, you devolve and become a conspiracist.
Sad and scary at same time.

Reactions: drboobay
He’s been sold out for a long time.
When you can’t think critically and are scared, you devolve and become a conspiracist.
Sad and scary at same time.
There is a conspiracy that Uncle Sam had illegitimate twin son's named Don & Tom.

Im so Deep into you and @Weatherdemons Head it almost isn’t entertaining pushing your buttons anymore...........I’m just getting started!

Still, there are 1.1 million attributed deaths worldwide (I would suspect that to be underreported given the ability of some poorer countries to test / attribute) That's more than the WHO's flu average on any given year by close to an order of 2 (650K deaths / year for flu vs. 1.1 million and counting for Covid) and it's still affected less people than ALL STRAINS of the flu combined on a given year (756 million vs. ~1 Billion). And the year still isn't over.

Why we're still having this dumb flu discussion is beyond me.
Covid is a mixture of multiple viruses, affectionately known as the Frankenstein virus, hence the reason many countries believe the virus was created and didn’t naturally occur. The Wiki comparison page shows Covid at the top (as i listed before) and influenza a (second from the bottom on the list). Those are their numbers! where as if it were up to me, I would have included all influenza viruses.

Last edited:
Watching the experts chase the daily covid numbers, is like a day trader trying to catch the next microsoft.

shon has lost all credibility by saying that Influenza and SARS are anything like each other. They will both make you sick and the similarity ends. It his been fun but I for one would just as soon he goes back to Norman.
SARS-CoV-2 is actually the virus that causes COVID-19 (the disease). As the name indicates, this virus is genetically related to the SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) that caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2002-2003, however it is not the same virus.

SARS-CoV-2 is actually the virus that causes COVID-19 (the disease). As the name indicates, this virus is genetically related to the SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) that caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2002-2003, however it is not the same virus.
He is not talking about sars and covid. Of course Sars and Covid are related. Nobody is disputing that. He is talking about Covid and Influenza whom you said were related. They are not

Reactions: Clong83a and TUMe
He is not talking about sars and covid. Of course Sars and Covid are related. Nobody is disputing that. He is talking about Covid and Influenza whom you said were related. They are not
I wasn’t saying SARS and influenza were the same. I was trying to point out how the wiki information list the SARS and influenza numbers on the chart but point taken.

I wasn’t saying SARS and influenza were the same. I was trying to point out how the wiki information list the SARS and influenza numbers on the chart but point taken.
Then you need to recompose the first quoted message in this post, because that is how the majority of people took what you wrote. I don't quite know how anybody could interpret your first sentence any other way.

surge
/sərj/
Learn to pronounce
See definitions in:
All

Nautical

Commerce

Military

Electrical
noun
noun: surge; plural noun: surges
  1. a sudden powerful forward or upward movement, especially by a crowd or by a natural force such as the waves or tide, or positive covid cases/deaths. (specific application especially added on, for clowns that ask silly questions.)

Last edited:
Is that a surge of positive tests due to a surge in testing? A surge of people with symptoms and they don't know it. A surge in more medical needed.

What percent of positive tests result in the person getting sick?

Is that a surge of positive tests due to a surge in testing? A surge of people with symptoms and they don't know it. A surge in more medical needed.

What percent of positive tests result in the person getting sick?
So we quit testing and everything will be fine.

The spread is definitely getting worse in the Tulsa area business community. There are large number of employees out across the area. Unfortunately, masks don’t seem to have near the impact as hoped. Not sure where we go from here.

I didn't believe that till I looked it up. I believe it now. 11 deaths for the third double figure number in a row and it is only early afternoon.
What’s sad is there are a lot of people in Oklahoma who still don’t believe this is serious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT