ADVERTISEMENT

Coug High Game Thread

Somehow a little less humiliation feels like a win. Just shows how bad things are!

At intermission of my daughter's musics so I checked the score. Just LOL when I saw it.

I guess I should be glad that I actually forgot the game was on tonight

It is sometimes easy to downplay the positive effect that AP has on this team....
And yet, I'm willing to bet a couple of cold mugs of Bud light that his stat lines
will equate very well with whoever else we bring in as PG.....These last two games
tell you more than you might want to know about his skill set, including getting
the ball inside, and who we are without him...These last two games also might tell
us a lot about how limited our other guards are in the effects on our team's
positive performance, and their lack of ability beyond shooting the basketball......

I'm getting closer to four more '23 recruits as opposed to three more.....Our
current roster, save for Dalger, AP, Selebangue and the two fr. guards, at the
moment seem to add little to a winning ball club in the future....

Sometimes, the very best of coaching can only elevate to his/her capacity a
limited player, and/or a limited group of players to their upper limit, which is well
below the standards needed to compete successfully in the level of competition
they are in.....Isn't that where we are?? In retrospect, I think that's where we have
been all season.....

Last edited:
Did we really get outrebounded 77-12? It seemed that was it. All their shots were uncontested and they had a hand in our face on most every shot.

Did we really get outrebounded 77-12? It seemed that was it. All their shots were uncontested and they had a hand in our face on most every shot.
I'm assuming you are being sarcastic, but 53-27 can seem like 77-12.

It is sometimes easy to downplay the positive effect that AP has on this team....
And yet, I'm willing to bet a couple of cold mugs of Bud light that his stat lines
will equate very well with whoever else we bring in as PG.....These last two games
tell you more than you might want to know about his skill set, including getting
the ball inside, and who we are without him...These last two games also might tell
us a lot about how limited our other guards are in the effects on our team's
positive performance, and their lack of ability beyond shooting the basketball......

I'm getting closer to four more '23 recruits as opposed to three more.....Our
current roster, save for Dalger, AP, Selebangue and the two fr. guards, at the
moment seem to add little to a winning ball club in the future....

Sometimes, the very best of coaching can only elevate to his/her capacity a
limited player, and/or a limited group of players to their upper limit, which is well
below the standards needed to compete successfully in the level of competition
they are in.....Isn't that where we are?? In retrospect, I think that's where we have
been all season.....
Beautifully put. The ceiling on most of the current players/holdovers is very very low. However, as you said before, look at Dalger now...and hopefully what he can do to elevate his current recruits and those coming in this offseason.

Reactions: I.I. and TU_BLA
Nice posts. We quickly see we need more than one point guard on this team. And we quickly see that we can’t continue to get outrebounded and win. And we see we have to make open shots and get fouled more driving to the hole. 3 or 4 more for April/ May.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT