ADVERTISEMENT

copa america & EURO 2024 soccer

I was thinking of driving to Kansas City Monday for the USA match. But after the Panama performance, I have decided no. Too worried about leaving angry and feeling I wasted my time and money. If I watch from home, I might still be angry, but not resentful of the effort and money.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I was thinking of driving to Kansas City Monday for the USA match. But after the Panama performance, I have decided no. Too worried about leaving angry and feeling I wasted my time and money. If I watch from home, I might still be angry, but not resentful of the effort and money.
I was thinking of the same but the ticket prices are way too high for me to sit in 100 degrees way far from the field and for a game we will likely lose because Berhalter will have us sitting back and trying to absorb Uruguay's pressure, which I 100% feel we are not capable of doing effectively. I am almost wanting us to lose so Berhalter will be gone BUT I am not 100% confident USSF will do the right thing by getting rid of him and getting a real coach. I still think Tab Ramos is 100% the guy (although the LFC fan in me would love to see them go after Klopp although I know they're never paying him enough to get him to come here). Ramos had most of these guys in the youth US teams and he is a great technical and tactical coach. US soccer did him wrong by not even giving him a legit look when Berhalter was hired the first time.

I was thinking of the same but the ticket prices are way too high for me to sit in 100 degrees way far from the field and for a game we will likely lose because Berhalter will have us sitting back and trying to absorb Uruguay's pressure, which I 100% feel we are not capable of doing effectively. I am almost wanting us to lose so Berhalter will be gone BUT I am not 100% confident USSF will do the right thing by getting rid of him and getting a real coach. I still think Tab Ramos is 100% the guy (although the LFC fan in me would love to see them go after Klopp although I know they're never paying him enough to get him to come here). Ramos had most of these guys in the youth US teams and he is a great technical and tactical coach. US soccer did him wrong by not even giving him a legit look when Berhalter was hired the first time.
Ramos would have to be a step up from Berhalter. Ryan Reynolds would probably be a step up from Berhalter.

Well, rumor is Mexico is firing their manager after their disastrous Copa. Klopp is at the top of everyone's list. I'm sure Klopp might be seeing if Germany flames out of Euros too soon and might look for a new manager. This is doubtful as, IMO, Germany has outplayed their collective talent. Don't get me wrong, they've got good players but not a group that makes you sit up and take notice. However the current manager is getting stuff out of Havertz where Tuchel failed to do so at Chelsea. He is getting performances out of role players like Gundogan. I think it will be very difficult to justify firing their manager after Euros with the way they've performed so far, and in such a dominating fashion. That leaves Klopp a pick of destinations.

The one thing the US has that Mexico does not right now is world class talent and depth. I watched Mexico play yesterday and they are just not any good...at least the US has world class talent right now and is being held back by their manager. Mexico doesn't have that same quality right now and there is no one in the pipeline to replace the mediocrity they're running out there. Must be killing Mexican fans knowing they've got co-hosting duties in 2 years and they are going to struggle to make the knockout round.

Berhalter gets sacked if we don’t advance out of group play….correct?
Logical minds would think so...but whose to say what happens considering the Good 'Ol Boys network in charge of USSF. I mean they were given an absolute softball to advance easily with their 1st two games. Uruguay was always going to be a challenge but it shouldn't have mattered much anyway.

Logical minds would think so...but whose to say what happens considering the Good 'Ol Boys network in charge of USSF. I mean they were given an absolute softball to advance easily with their 1st two games. Uruguay was always going to be a challenge but it shouldn't have mattered much anyway.
Hard to imagine keeping Berhalter headed into the World Cup if he can’t advance out of this group. Like you said, it’s US soccer so anything is possible.

Berhalter gets sacked if we don’t advance out of group play….correct?
After the stupidity US Soccer went through last year, I can't believe they are suddenly going to do it. We aren't paying a lot, and they aren't prepared to make a godfather offer to a really good international coach because it would just up the price of the women's coach and its staff. Equality baby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT