ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Women's Golf!

That was the 16th hole I believe and TU tore it up there today. I believe we were only in the lead by 2 strokes when we got to that hole by the time we were done we had a 6 stroke lead. I think we ended up winning by 3.

Golfstat.com

Baton Rouge regional but showing it hasn't started yet.

Golfstat.com

Baton Rouge regional but showing it hasn't started yet.

It was rained out today. Will start tomorrow.

Baton Rouge Regional​

At noon on Monday, NCAA officials deemed the course unplayable due to heavy overnight and morning rain and postponed the first round of the Baton Rouge Regional.
The current plan is for a 10 a.m. Tuesday morning shotgun start, but according to LSU’s website, “Decisions regarding the amount of holes to be played Tuesday and how many rounds that can be completed before the end of the tournament on Wednesday is still to be determined.”

Looks like it has been postponed again until Wednesday at 10am.

This is very disappointing indeed. The ladies were playing well at just the right time and to have it end this way...Heart breaking

Reactions: TU_BLA
Apparently the course was playable. Just not “championship” level. Buncha bull butter!

Amanda Balionis from CBS Sports and does a lot of on course interviews during their coverage was all over this and blasted the NCAA and regional organizers. Postpone it 3-4 days, move the contestants and go someplace dry.

Barstool Sports immediately offered an alternative "NIT" like championship to be play in AZ two days before the NC and invited all the schools that were left out by the awful NCAA decision. If I read the twitters correctly the event was approved.... and I wanted to make sure the TU staff were on this...

#LetThemPlay

Last edited:
That's awesome they would do that. Still not what the girls wanted but at least they get to play one last time.

Never heard if TU is playing the Barstool Invitational... anyone else know?

According to a Barstool tweet I saw, the 5 TU players are playing along with about 35 others. Barstool is also selling some "Let Them Play" merchandise to help cover the costs as Barstool is paying hotel and travel for the squads and the course donated it for this event.

According to a Barstool tweet I saw, the 5 TU players are playing along with about 35 others. Barstool is also selling some "Let Them Play" merchandise to help cover the costs as Barstool is paying hotel and travel for the squads and the course donated it for this event.
@Chris Harmon does ITS have the funds to send @Larry Lewis out to cover it? He probably deserves a few days in AZ watching golf.

I saw the list of teams... Tulsa is on it. Glad we decided to play.

Still ridiculous how the regional was handled. They need to set up alternative sites and options in the future. Teams played their conference championships in SNOW but the NCAA and LSU regional could not deal with casual water rulings and playing the ball up. This weeks PGA event was delayed but no one considered just giving the win to the highest ranked PGA player.

Last edited:
I saw the list of teams... Tulsa is on it. Glad we decided to play.

Still ridiculous how the regional was handled. They need to set up alternative sites and options in the future. Teams played their conference championships in SNOW but the NCAA and LSU regional could not deal with casual water rulings and playing the ball up. This weeks PGA event was delayed but no one considered just giving the win to the highest ranked PGA player.
Part of golf is navigating the conditions as well as the course itself. The rules of golf take into account a lot of different weather related issues...and it's not like all 23 teams (or however many it was) would be playing under different rules and conditions. They all would have had to play with wet soft conditions, casual water in bunkers and on the fairways, etc. If the top 6 teams were really the top 6 it would have come out whether or not they were playing on a perfect course or on a wet course.

Any right thinking Scot would have looked at the course and laughed at the decision.

• Haha
You know every single lady there would have loved to have a chance to play on the somewhat soft green.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT