ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to the AAC regular season champions Tulsa Golden Hurricane!!

Tulsafanzz

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2006
Liberty is correct. The highly questionable move by Cincinnati & the AAC office to cancel senior day in Tulsa (for Cincinnati’s benefit) does have one positive for Tulsa : Tulsa ends the regular season 6-0. We ARE conference champions (co-champions if weasels who back out of playing us two different times are still considered co-champions of our conference).

Congratulations to Coach Montgomery & staff & all the Tulsa players, you are AAC regular season conference champions for 2020!

Now go to Cincinnati & let them know what you think of them taking away your senior day & your chance of hosting the championship game!

This is ridiculous. Sorry but let’s not be UCF....
It's not ridiculous. We did finish tied for the best record in the conference in W/L, as we did in basketball. Tulsa is considered co-champs for the regular season title. Now we need to validate it.

UCF's self-decreed national title is a different thing altogether since they were not part of the play off but were the only team in the nation to finish undefeated. I do believe one publication did rank them #1 in their final poll and did declare them national champions but it wasn't one of the top 3 (AP, Coaches, CFP). Hell, UCF was #12 in the final CFP rankings. The G5s will forever get screwed in this deal which is why it's important that the AAC make the P6 a reality. IN order to do so they need to stop this bush league maneuvering to posture the school of their choice. I'm sorry that little 'ol Tulsa messed up their party plans to have UCF or Memphis and Cincinnati play a banger of a championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT