ADVERTISEMENT

Conference games

USF with the always overrated Charlie Strong.

Just win baby.
Confetence credibility == We nreed our conference teams to beats as many p5 teams as possible

Especially the Navy game. If I was one of the marketing geniuses @ TU, I'd promote the heck out of it. There'll be lots of brass including a few stars, many uniforms-both Navy & Marines, the Middie band, lots of vets who prolly wouldn't otherwise come, mild pomp,etc. I might also promote the fact that we owe those suckers, big time, & the simple fact of a heck of football game. And invite a bunch of recruits & prospects.

As far as a tough game, I'm still smarting from that 33-0 beatdown a few years ago. I thought that the Mids would be down last year after losing like 18 starters to graduation. HA! Off & on ranked, beat ND, Div champ, etc. The Middies help define: "they don't rebuild, they reload".

Anyway, if we can't scrounge up around 25K for that game, there is no hope for decent crowds. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Kant beleve I late to da Earnest Norman partttyyyyy!!!!!!111

Good, early attendance hinges on beating OSU.
I hope, having all summer to put together a gameplan, that our RB's can pound out some yardage behind the OL which open up the passing game with some decent OL protection.
I think we need 42 points to have a shot at this one.

Good, early attendance hinges on beating OSU.
I hope, having all summer to put together a gameplan, that our RB's can pound out some yardage behind the OL which open up the passing game with some decent OL protection.
I think we need 42 points to have a shot at this one.
We beat OSU, I think we won't have a problem with attendance anymore this year.

The ticket office is already hitting up GHC donors to purchase batches of $10 tickets for military to the Navy game. I was told that donors have picked up 1,800 as of last week

Reactions: TULSARISING
The ticket office is already hitting up GHC donors to purchase batches of $10 tickets for military to the Navy game. I was told that donors have picked up 1,800 as of last week

Isn't that like filling the stands for the visitors?

Especially the Navy game. If I was one of the marketing geniuses @ TU, I'd promote the heck out of it. There'll be lots of brass including a few stars, many uniforms-both Navy & Marines, the Middie band, lots of vets who prolly wouldn't otherwise come, mild pomp,etc. I might also promote the fact that we owe those suckers, big time, & the simple fact of a heck of football game. And invite a bunch of recruits & prospects.

As far as a tough game, I'm still smarting from that 33-0 beatdown a few years ago. I thought that the Mids would be down last year after losing like 18 starters to graduation. HA! Off & on ranked, beat ND, Div champ, etc. The Middies help define: "they don't rebuild, they reload".

Anyway, if we can't scrounge up around 25K for that game, there is no hope for decent crowds. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Having twice as many recruits every season as anyone else in the AAC will help you do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT