ADVERTISEMENT

CONCACAF League of Nations Cup USMNT

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So here are the players being called in:

No Weah, no Adams (and I'm assuming both are healthy). We do have Sargent. And Aaronson. Yuiell is in. I don't get why we are still getting Zardes, Trapp, and Lovitz in the mix as I don't think that they have the capability to improve/grow any more. They're maxed out.

Arriola, Altidore, and Bradley are all in. Since game 1 is vs Cuba and our U19s could beat them, I expect to see a weaker, more experimental lineup for the US.
GK: Steffen D: Yedline, Miazga, Zimmerman, Ream MF: Trapp, McKennie, Boyd, Yuiell, F: Sargent, Zardes

Since Canada is a much better side, I would expect a more seasoned squad:
GK: Guzan D: Cannon, Long, Zimmerman, Ream MF: Bradley, Arriola, Boyd, Pulisic F: Altidore, Morris

It is easy to see where the MF will start to get crowded. You could easily sub Morris out and put Pulisic up top with Jozy and put McKennie in the MF. Still with as many players as we have in the MF, there is no viable plan for the 6 moving forward because the option we have are 1 that will probably be too old and not up to WC pace (Bradley) and one who simply can't play at that level despite Berhalter's attempts to bring him to that level (Trapp).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT