ADVERTISEMENT

College Coach Pay

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
Is too high at any place. Making the money they do to coach a game is ridiculously too high. None of them are worth what they get paid, not just Monty

He seemed very distant last night when shown. Maybe the [poop] show is almost done. That said, there were a lot of people who were speculating at this time 3 years ago that he was a "sure bet" for a P5 job.

He seemed very distant last night when shown. Maybe the [poop] show is almost done. That said, there were a lot of people who were speculating at this time 3 years ago that he was a "sure bet" for a P5 job.

I was one of those. Even after he signed the new five-year deal after the 2016 season, I thought we would be lucky to keep him for two more years.

Just goes to show how wrong you can be.

I would be a hypocrite if I continued on these days and didn't admit to being in the same camp at the time, 'Cane-man. He looked very legit (through blue and gold glasses) when that extension was offered.

Its tough to get that Baylor stink off of your resume.. the baylor fiasco was really getting going at the end of yr 2.. i really think it hurt our overall recuiting

Reactions: TigerCane16
Anybody that didn’t see the problem coming in based on who he hired or at least when his offensive staff direct reports risked potential lifetime career suicide by leaving in the middle of a season wasn’t really paying attention.

Its tough to get that Baylor stink off of your resume.. the baylor fiasco was really getting going at the end of yr 2.. i really think it hurt our overall recuiting
Our recruiting took a plunge mostly because he benched a lot of BB’s guys and installed his own true freshman. Potential recruits visiting campuses go where the best players play and there is opportunity to play immediately. At many key positions on the field there is no rotation, clearly superior athletes sit, and recruiting has accordingly suffered.

Our recruiting took a plunge mostly because he benched a lot of BB’s guys and installed his own true freshman. Potential recruits visiting campuses go where the best players play and there is opportunity to play immediately. At many key positions on the field there is no rotation, clearly superior athletes sit, and recruiting has accordingly suffered.

Still though.. Tulsa quality student athlete mommas dont like the stench of scandal..

Reactions: HuffyCane
Still though.. Tulsa quality student athlete mommas dont like the stench of scandal..
No doubt about that. Anybody that doesn’t think that the connection with Baylor hasn’t hurt us has never sat in a living room and tried to talk one on one with black women from the South worried about their boys.

Reactions: jerandlaur
No doubt about that. Anybody that doesn’t think that the connection with Baylor hasn’t hurt us has never sat in a living room and tried to talk one on one with black women from the South worried about their boys.
I disagree! Monty‘s first year we did well and even pulled a 4* QB. Baylor has recruited well since that fiasco too and nobody saw that coming. When you take over a struggling program, you have a short window to make progress. If you show progress, you can build momentum. Monty had and lost that momentum and now has become a lame duck coach. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward but both the University and Monty need to agree to part ways right after early signing day!

I disagree! Monty‘s first year we did well and even pulled a 4* QB. Baylor has recruited well since that fiasco too and nobody saw that coming. When you take over a struggling program, you have a short window to make progress. If you show progress, you can build momentum. Monty had and lost that momentum and now has become a lame duck coach. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward but both the University and Monty need to agree to part ways right after early signing day!
Certainly reasonable. I disagree but there’s support for that argument. I think the facts point elsewhere.

If I was Monty, I'd just enjoy retirement, get an assistant job if you want to stay coaching, but he should be pretty well off

Monty should be Briles’ assistant at Lamar.

How many downs did that 4* play?

In other news, it looks like Auburn's going to probably keep Malzhan another season after the Alabama beat down.

In other news, it looks like Auburn's going to probably keep Malzhan another season after the Alabama beat down.
I'd call it much more of an escape than a beat down...

A missed field goal and a field goal that never should have happened were the difference..

Reactions: maverickfp
That 4 star was President and he couldn't throw a pass

That 4* was probably how Monty got the job..

In his interview he likely told them that he could steal a 4* qb from baylor along with a copy of the nonexistent playbook that he coordinated from..

That 4 star was President and he couldn't throw a pass
People point to the player but I point to the coaching. Who has Monty developed at the QB position (who wasn’t under Bill) since taking over as HC? The answer is nobody!

People point to the player but I point to the coaching. Who has Monty developed at the QB position (who wasn’t under Bill) since taking over as HC? The answer is nobody!
Who did Todd Graham develop who started out playing for him?

Anyone else laugh at TU's "reign cane" posts on facebook? Or "hunting for the crown"? The hell are they even talking about? We haven't won a conference championship since the CUSA days and how do you hunt for a crown when you lose twice as many games as you win in a 12 game season?

He will most likely get to keep his job for another 12 months. Between how dominant we were Saturday, Zach practically cheerleading for him in his post game, the offense returning, the two close games, and the buyout... He is and always has been safe.

He will most likely get to keep his job for another 12 months. Between how dominant we were Saturday, Zach practically cheerleading for him in his post game, the offense returning, the two close games, and the buyout... He is and always has been safe.

That's incredibly disheartening. I have zero anticipation for 2020 knowing that's our lot.

If that's the case, and I fear it is, I hope there's a requirement for an O.C. or an in game management person not named Montgomery. BB tried the nepotism thing without a positive result.

Reactions: TigerCane16
I wonder what the chances are that Smith would be able to Grad transfer if we did get a new coach... in which case, next season would likely be a wash anyway. (No offense to Boomer)

Does Monty have one or two years left on his contract ? I thought he had one left the paper said two years left

I loved that article...

If the ball had bounced a certain way.. the calls went different... it all sounds good.. but.. lets switch out the coach for a guy at the poker table, slot machine, black jack table.. you never hear a problem gambler blaming himself.. its always the cards, the machine, the dealer... the cards just didnt go my way.. if only i had caught that ace on the river, the dealer had a mean shoe, the slots were tight...

Losers make excuses.. winners take responsibility.

That’s a bummer I would like to see them make a change but will go to games no matter what!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT