ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Mac’s Recommendation

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
I couldn’t decide to put this here or over in General.

Coach Mac said in the latest GHC newsletter that The Ridge Grill is his favorite restaurant in Tulsa.

What says the Board?

Do you also rate it 5 out of five soccer balls for quality and ambiance?

I’ve never been there and it looks like you need a helicopter to commute down there from campus. But Mrs Huffy and I will be in Tulsa next month. And we’ve been looking for better dining options.

Looking at the prices, I wonder if I’ll bump into Coach Mac but also Coach Pep or Jose or Becks while I’m in there.

I’ve never been but it’s not far from us. Not sure we would want to spend that type of $ for our kids to hate the food

Reactions: HuffyCane
Not my favorite at the price point. 3.5 out of 5 on my scale. Ambiance better than food imo. I’ve been there 2 or 3 times. Maybe I need to try something different. Reminds me a bit of the Waterstone Grill.

Have you been to Bull in the Alley? If not, that’s your answer.

Ridge is way out south. I don’t go out there.

I’m excited about La Tertulia, but it just opened. Amelia’s is really good. Stonehorse never does you wrong.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Have you been to Bull in the Alley? If not, that’s your answer.

Ridge is way out south. I don’t go out there.

I’m excited about La Tertulia, but it just opened. Amelia’s is really good. Stonehorse never does you wrong.
Stonehorse has been the go to. Will check out La Tertulia.

My wife and I have been to a lot of top flight restaurants over years across this country. We are both in accordance that the table steak at Bull in the Alley was among the top 3 steaks we have ever had. You will drop a serious bill going there but I doubt you will regret it.

My wife and I have been to a lot of top flight restaurants over years across this country. We are both in accordance that the table steak at Bull in the Alley was among the top 3 steaks we have ever had. You will drop a serious bill going there but I doubt you will regret it.
Thanks!!

It’s weird. I live around 121st and Memorial. It’s nothing for me to head downtown for dinner, or Cherry Street or wherever.

You midtowners act like coming out south is the equivalent of embarking on an expedition down the Amazon.

That being said, Ridge Grill is meh. I would take a pass.

It’s weird. I live around 121st and Memorial. It’s nothing for me to head downtown for dinner, or Cherry Street or wherever.

You midtowners act like coming out south is the equivalent of embarking on an expedition down the Amazon.

It's the Amazon of sub par restaurants. If you sampled random restaurants in midtown vs random restaurants in south tulsa, the ambiance and/or food quality would most always be better in midtown/downtown.

Don’t disagree with the quality of restaurant statement. My comment was just an observation that somehow driving south is further than driving north.

There are infrastructure issues in south Tulsa, especially during certain times/ days of week, that are terrible. I spent 45 minutes trying to get out a soccer parking lot yesterday. That doesn’t exist for most part over here. It drives a lot of the attitude. It’s not really anyone’s fault other than idiots at city who never get anything done.

That said, there are separate cultural/ political/ life choice issues that also tend to be affected by which side of I-44 you choose to live on. My state senate and state house districts are very purple. State GOP chose a carpet bagger true believer to run against a Democrat incumbent. They had a Bixby football youth football sign in their yard. They lost, despite spending way more money. Part of the lesson is respect the culture here. Another lesson I discern is that there are some social/ cultural issues that play out depending on where you choose to buy a house.

I’m born and raised here. But thanks for mansplaining my home town of 60 years.

And you’re right about south Tulsa traffic. It’s the worst. By comparison, Peoria, Lewis and Harvard in midtown are like airport runways they are so wide open and uncongested.

Last edited:
Reactions: drboobay
You asked. I gave you a merited answer.

There ain’t nothing like the crap that goes on in south Tulsa with traffic and back asswards politics in midtown (TPS excluded on politics).

Sorry my gender offends you?

I spent 45 minutes trying to get out a soccer parking lot yesterday.
What complex were you trying to get out of? Indian Springs during a tournament is a bear. KEAS in Bixby is usually fine if you know the back way out the complex and don't try to leave through the main street going into the complex. Titan Main is a bloody nightmare at 7pm on any given weeknight. WSA can be awful during tournaments as can be Mohawk but now that they have the 2nd entrance (to the east) Mohawk's a bit better now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT