ADVERTISEMENT

Classic Moment

That is very cool. Thank you for posting that. I had forgotten about that historic game.

That is very cool. Thank you for posting that. I had forgotten about that historic game.
I remember watching the game on tv but had not heard the story about the dirt over concrete and grass not being able to grow. I remember saying that there would never be a larger building than the astrodome. The big talking point was that they had to keep the humidity controlled or clouds would form and it would rain!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Nice to see Neal being interviewed about the game. Times have certainly changed with TV and Media exposure. We were probably only only game
on nationally!
Many of us on this board watched that game at home, in black & white!

I remember the color guy on that game was the late OU coach Bud Wilkinson who also introduced the players before the game. I believe it was on NBC and yes was a major event on national TV. I think winning that game and some others against UH and Bill Yeoman was a big reason he ran up the score in 1968 when we had a very sick football team. It wasn't like they were a lot better than us back in those days - since we'd beaten them the year before (1967) 22-13 at Skelly when they came in ranked #10 in the nation. It was obvious payback.

I remember watching the game on tv but had not heard the story about the dirt over concrete and grass not being able to grow. I remember saying that there would never be a larger building than the astrodome. The big talking point was that they had to keep the humidity controlled or clouds would form and it would rain!

The dirt story is new to me too. Wow!

I thought that grass was not able to grown because of the lack of sunlight. Also that that the first cover emitted a sickening color.

Great video!

Now can you post this year's intro video?

Wonder if it rained on Elvis when he played the Astrodome in '70. He sold the thing out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT