ADVERTISEMENT

Cinncinati and UCF to the B12?

noble cane

I.T.S. University President
Feb 25, 2002
Seems a foregone conclusion if OU and Texas go to SEC..

That and OSU signs a longterm deal to host an annual Monster Jam Chili Cookoff at TBP Stadium...

Reactions: Gold*
OU will move for the $$$$$$$$...

osu will need to learn how to survive on their with "big brother" always being there for them...

This would cause a major realignment in the east / west divisions of the SEC.

OU, Texas, and Missouri would all be in the west and look for Alabama and maybe Auburn to move to the east.

Would this type of move give the AAC a higher power ranking than the big 12 in football?

OU will move for the $$$$$$$$...

osu will need to learn how to survive on their with "big brother" always being there for them...

This would cause a major realignment in the east / west divisions of the SEC.

OU, Texas, and Missouri would all be in the west and look for Alabama and maybe Auburn to move to the east.

Would this type of move give the AAC a higher power ranking than the big 12 in football?
Look for Alabama and Auburn to go the ACC.

Look for Alabama and Auburn to go the ACC.
No, Auburn and Alabama will stay in the SEC, too much money at play in the SEC and not enough prestige in the ACC.

The next Big 12 teams will find a home pretty easily, OSU, K State, Iowa State, probably Baylor and TCU. May this is a chance for the American to take a step up and add Kansas, Tech and WV but then we might get kicked out.

No, Auburn and Alabama will stay in the SEC, too much money at play in the SEC and not enough prestige in the ACC.

The next Big 12 teams will find a home pretty easily, OSU, K State, Iowa State, probably Baylor and TCU. May this is a chance for the American to take a step up and add Kansas, Tech and WV but then we might get kicked out.
B12 would poach UCF, UH, Cinn, and maybe Memphis... definitely go after Boise and BYU... could see Neb and Colo return with the Longhorn network no longer an issue..

Two or so years of the new espn contract money 💰, and then it's gone?

My question is will this make OU like a Missouri? Playing teams like Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Auburn are a lot more difficult than an Iowa State, Kansas, and OSU

If the Big 12 wants to get to 16 teams after OU and Texas leave, there will be room for 8 additions.

Tulsa
Tulane
UH
SMU
UCF
Memphis
Rice
UNT

If OU and Texas go to the SEC, look for Alabama and Auburn plus 1 more to move to the east division and OU, Texas and Missouri to all be in the west division with LSU and others.

If the Big 12 wants to get to 16 teams after OU and Texas leave, there will be room for 8 additions.

Tulsa
Tulane
UH
SMU
UCF
Memphis
Rice
UNT
That's not going to happen. We do need to get out on the front foot and see if we can add a TCU and WVa b/c it's likely OSU and Tech will be force added to the SEC via state legislature demands in OK and TX and I can see KU and KState getting added to the ACC because of basketball. I've heard the Kansas schools are a package deal wherever they may go. TCU and WVa would actually make sense to the AAC and solidify the footprint. What Aresco needs to do is make sure that UCF, Houston, and UC understand that a move to a conference that won't exist in 2-3 yrs before it falls apart and it ends up adding all the rest of the AAC schools will only cost them conference expansion fees and exit fees. It's like all the schools who left CUSA to join the Big East/AAC to only end up in basically the same conference they were in before.

and someone said it earlier. OU and TX would need 11 votes out of the 14 SEC schools to get added. We know A&M and Mizzou are hard NO's. Many think the two Mississippi schools are likely to vote no. I'm thinking Arkansas wants no part of having TX and OU in their division. I really think the bottom feeders of the SEC don't want to be pushed further down for a few more $$$ each yr.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT