ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Paul to play Sunday vs Cowboys

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
With the Commanders eliminated from the playoffs they are playing those players that have not received meaningful playing time. Sam Howell the 5th round draft pick will be making his first start and will play in his first regular season game against the Cowboys who are playing for the East title. Chris Paul is supposed to be playing at Left Guard. Not sure if he is starting but the vibe is that he will start at Left Guard. The defense has been raving about how stout he is at that position but has yet to play in the only game he was active for. He has been listed as inactive all year except one game even though he was healthy. This will give the staff a chance to evaluate both of these picks going against a team that is fighting for something so this will be a great chance to evaluate both players.

Tyler Smith moved back to left guard this week as well.

I wonder why Tyler Smith moved to guard. By all accounts he was doing an outstanding job at left tackle. He played every down there this season.

I wonder why Tyler Smith moved to guard. By all accounts he was doing an outstanding job at left tackle. He played every down there this season.
They had to make some changes on the line when the center was injured last week.

So I got to listen to the WAS radio feed on the drive back from Ft. Worth and the WAS PBP and analyst were raving about Chris Paul in the 4th quarter.

Chris had a fine game today and has a bright future ahead. The Cowboy's as a whole had a terrible game and the short term future is likely going to end next week if they play as sloppily and disinterested as they did today.

They did a post game interview with Chris and he was just the humble guy he has always been. Just happy to be able to play the game. He missed a couple of blocks but for his first regular season game, I think he was outstanding.

As for Tyler, isn’t Tyron Smith back from injury?

Tyler Smith got moved to LG because their starting center Biadasz out. Their starting left guard, McGovern, moved to center. Future 40-year-old HOF Peters had been backing up, and he is a tackle, so Smith goes to guard. Smith has played so well at LT that future HOF Tyrone Smith, when he got healthy a few weeks ago, went to right tackle instead of his normal LT. Biadasz may be back for playoffs, which would move Tyler back LT. Tyler practiced most of preseason at left guard, where he was going to start until Tyron Smith got injured in preseason, and Tyler had to be switched to LT.

A lot of shuffling. Tyler Smith saved the Cowboys this season. He has been terrific.

Chris Paul was wearing #76. He did well.

He was wearing 75 earlier in the game.
Tyler Smith got moved to LG because their starting center Biadasz out. Their starting left guard, McGovern, moved to center. Future 40-year-old HOF Peters had been backing up, and he is a tackle, so Smith goes to guard. Smith has played so well at LT that future HOF Tyrone Smith, when he got healthy a few weeks ago, went to right tackle instead of his normal LT. Biadasz may be back for playoffs, which would move Tyler back LT. Tyler practiced most of preseason at left guard, where he was going to start until Tyron Smith got injured in preseason, and Tyler had to be switched to LT.

A lot of shuffling. Tyler Smith saved the Cowboys this season. He has been terrific.

Chris Paul was wearing #76. He did well.
He is number 75. Hopefully has got him the starting job next year.

Reactions: TU 1978
You all are correct, Paul was wearing #75. I don't know why I thought it was 76. Sometimes the #'s are hard to see on t.v. The 5 sometimes looks like a 6. Or maybe I just need new glasses!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT