ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Thread

Haith probably had no problem with it. Hopefully Konkol will convince them that it may be a detriment to them and their team.
I don't remember it being much of an issue with Haith. I have heard more about it in three games than I remember in a season, for Haith coached teams.

Reactions: t-townpod
These Charlotte “fans” on line are classless. I was going to root for them Sunday because that helps us but not anymore. I am teaming up with drunk Massachusetts guy and pulling for UMass.

These Charlotte “fans” on line are classless. I was going to root for them Sunday because that helps us but not anymore. I am teaming up with drunk Massachusetts guy and pulling for UMass.
They are morons. Acting like they’ve never been there before…

Reactions: loca2874
Haith probably had no problem with it. Hopefully Konkol will convince them that it may be a detriment to them and their team.
I would bet TU football has lost 3-4 games in the last couple of years due to personal fouls pushing us back or moving the opponent forward getting us out of scoring range or or putting the opponent in it or, at worst, sustaining their drive.

That crap IS NOT WORTH IT!

Reactions: loca2874
The problem is it started way before that. This team has been trash talking heavily every game we've played. The broadcast announcers and local radio announcers have both mentioned this at different games. Griffin and Dalger have both been guilty, and I think SGC iirc.
I have noticed this 'chippy' attitude from college basketball at large the last couple
of seasons.....Before the portal, teams were mostly constructed out of recruiting
classes, and recruits were more respectful of teammates and others than they are
now....

Teams are now put together out of recruiting classes, the portal, and Jucos, with
coaches going more for the experienced player that has already received much of
their required development.....Somehow, character and adaptability may not be
as large a part of the total equation as it once was.....

Then again, society at large may be a little rougher that it was a just a few short
years ago....Crime stats suggest that it is......

I have noticed this 'chippy' attitude from college basketball at large the last couple
of seasons.....Before the portal, teams were mostly constructed out of recruiting
classes, and recruits were more respectful of teammates and others than they are
now....

Teams are now put together out of recruiting classes, the portal, and Jucos, with
coaches going more for the experienced player that has already received much of
their required development.....Somehow, character and adaptability may not be
as large a part of the total equation as it once was.....

Then again, society at large may be a little rougher that it was a just a few short
years ago....Crime stats suggest that it is......
This is new this year, for TU players. The trash talk and attitudes displayed on the floor by TU players has increased dramatically.

We will see if SGC has been disciplined any way since his antics have been caught on video now toward the end of last year and several times this year. He needs to know the refs are aware of him and will be watching him closely for taunting and cheap shots. No need for that especially since it is costing TU valuable points.

This is new this year, for TU players. The trash talk and attitudes displayed on the floor by TU players has increased dramatically.
He (SGC) needs to know the refs are aware of him and will be watching him closely for taunting and cheap shots. No need for that especially since it is costing TU valuable points.
This team has shown (1st half Ore St.--2nd half LofC) that when they share the ball,
and get good shots for their best shooters, they can be a very effective team,,,,

Because of their limitations due to lack of height, size, and strength, T.U. will be
fighting an uphill battle every game defending the paint and keeping the opponents
off the offensive boards......

While Konkol needs for his rebounders, primarily Selebangue, SGC, Dalger, and
Chukwu (as he develops) to play really aggressively, he can't afford for them to
cross the line and draw unnecessary penalties....

T.U. has had a tough early season in terms of too much talk, and sometimes
unnecessary rough play.....i would think these next two games will be important
to see if they have gotten that out of their systems...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT