ADVERTISEMENT

Catbird would have loved this team

We started hanging out together. (By the way I miss Tom also. He was the last tie to my old days at TU.) But it was amazing how the team felt about the Bird. He went to East Carolina on the team plane. The coach did his eulogy. I had the honor of helping carry him home.

If you sat with him at a football game, you were interrupted by graduates bringing their babies for him to meet.

He was a joy to be around. Special person. I showed up at a driveway tailgate. Didn't know him or anyone before arriving. He was so nice and welcomed me as if he had known me for years.
I really miss and looked forward to reading his end of season stories about each senior player in The Cambird Column. He shared his thoughts and insight about every senior, didn’t matter if they were a starter or never got into a game. He got to know every player during their TU careers.
I loved how he put people in their place, if they were acting out on the message board.
He was a great fan and ambassador of Tulsa football. Miss that guy.

I also went to several tailgates at catbirds house. He was always very welcoming even though I didn’t know anyone there.

We started hanging out together. (By the way I miss Tom also. He was the last tie to my old days at TU.) But it was amazing how the team felt about the Bird. He went to East Carolina on the team plane. The coach did his eulogy. I had the honor of helping carry him home.

If you sat with him at a football game, you were interrupted by graduates bringing their babies for him to meet.

And he never would have said one negative word about the coach or any of the players.

Catbird was not only a great fan, but a great person for the neighborhood!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT