ADVERTISEMENT

Canoo EV Manufacturing Coming to Tulsa with 2000 Jobs!

GoldenCaneKC

I.T.S. Junior
Jul 3, 2006
Electric Vehicle company Canoo announced they are building their manufacturing facility at the MidAmerica Industrial Park in Pryor. Supposed to employee about 2,000 people in high-skilled manufacturing when it’s up and running in Q4 2023. Exciting development for the Tulsa area and shows that the Tesla recruitment effort really did pay off!

Also, it’s a publicly traded company (GOEV) in case anyone wants to invest in our newest local business!

One note of caution is that they need to raise capital to build.

To staff 2000 employees many will live in the Tulsa metro.

One more step towards expanding the metro to include Pryor.

Reactions: TU83 and Tulsafanzz
To staff 2000 employees many will live in the Tulsa metro.

One more step towards expanding the metro to include Pryor.

Per latest 2020 census estimate, Tulsa MSA is now over a million (1,006,000).

If were allowed to add Mayes County to our MSA, we could add 40,000+ to that number.

Reactions: drboobay
Yes my exact point. And I think it is the census bureau that assesses commuting patterns to decide these things.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
And another step toward 412 becoming I-42.

Is Washington County included in the MSA? Seems a stretch to include Bartlesville in the metro area.

There are many Bartlesville commuters that work in Tulsa, so it’s not a real stretch at all. When I was a kid my father did the reverse for his last ten years prior to retirement.

There is already a CSA that includes Bartlesville.

Just looked up GOEV, sitting at $8 a share. Not a bad deal at all. I bought a bunch of Lucid (LCID) stock at the beginning of the year bc I think they’re the closest to competing with Tesla in the near future. Just fyi in case anyone cares. It was under CCIV (one of those SPACs at that point) but they just switched it on the ticker a few months after the acquisition.

Man, Canoo was under $6 today so I went ahead and bought 50 shares for poops and giggles. I reckon I won't look at how it's doing now for about five years, if not 10. Someone let me know when they put out an actual car lol.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
I worry about Canoo. It seems like the SPAC funded companies are getting a whole bunch of scrutiny by the SEC. They just charged the head of Nikola based on his rosy projections

Rivian has raised close to 10B dollars in cash and has not even started production of their new truck, but they are going to IPO with an 80B valuation.

Canoo now has tanked since December. I just hope they can get this plant rolling and sell some damn cars and make some money. I think they are going to need a whole bunch more cash to get that going. That plant is going to cost a fortune to get operating.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
It's running about $10/share today. Woot woot!

Lucid is up over $54/share right now. Lucid is comin' for ya Tesla!

More announcements from Canoo yesterday. Moving their HQ from California to Bentonville, adding ~375 R&D and IT jobs in Tulsa, putting customer support and finance center in OKC.
Big miss on not getting the HQ.

Big miss on not getting the HQ.
Saw some speculation that the Bentonville HQ location choice might have something to do with a Walmart delivery partnership. No idea if that’s true or not, but if Canoo got in on the ground floor with a Walmart delivery fleet to really rival Amazon Prime, that would bode well for the future Tulsa-area Canoo jobs being a legit, stable reality.

Saw some speculation that the Bentonville HQ location choice might have something to do with a Walmart delivery partnership. No idea if that’s true or not, but if Canoo got in on the ground floor with a Walmart delivery fleet to really rival Amazon Prime, that would bode well for the future Tulsa-area Canoo jobs being a legit, stable reality.
That would make sense. If they can sign a Walmart deal it would be huge.

Dude, tesla stock was $1100 a share the other day. If we ever get halfway there, we got a new car paid for. Bare minimum.

Reactions: drboobay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT