ADVERTISEMENT

Bye, Frank

I wasn't given the exact figure, just told it's quite a bit higher than the rumored number that had been going around.
If that is true that I have lost total faith and respect in ourAD. This would have been the last year of his previous contract and certainly they were not stupid enough to extend with a large buy out last year.

If that is true that I have lost total faith and respect in ourAD. This would have been the last year of his previous contract and certainly they were not stupid enough to extend with a large buy out last year.
Exactly! The buyout right now should be minimal. If it’s not, that’s a major mistake by Dickson or whoever agreed to it.

If it’s true then it means they put out lies in the media to placate fans

Here is how I see it. If the boosters want haith gone and a new competitive coach. They will pony up the money.
If they don't make the change now they never will... and I will officially be done with the University of Tulsa men's basketball program for good. Haith and his agent demand a perma-deal renewed two years prior to his should-be exit for this exact reason. They excuse it on recruiting. Really it's just so he's more annoying to fire.

Reactions: TULSARISING
most schools fire a coach after a couple of losimg seasons. We give them extentions.

Last edited:
The dwindling fan base is United in favor of a coaching change. If that doesn’t happen, the athletics department has no chance of fundraising for next year.

Hello D2 and we can implode Chapman.

The buyout and salary are the lowest it would ever be for Haith. Chris may want to let his contract run out but no school does that because it eliminates recruiting completely. Even now recruits know Haith is gone and it will take a commitment to a new coach with a 4 year contract to get recruits back. Unless Dickson and Carson are completely ignorant about how programs are currently rebuilt we will hear soon.

Chris may want to let his contract run out but no school does that because it eliminates recruiting completely.
I'm not sure if you're talking about me or someone else. I'm only relaying the information I've learned. The buyout is simply bigger than some of the guesses I've seen thrown around. I never said a change wasn't going to happen...I said TU is considering many factors in order to decide whether or not to make a change. You may have missed it, but this tweet from earlier tonight tells you what I think will happen...

Reactions: TU Man and TUMU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT