ADVERTISEMENT

Burnt

Elmer’s is open for dinner. Maybe not super late, but that’s not something you exactly want at lunch time. Meat sweats.

Elmer’s is open for dinner. Maybe not super late, but that’s not something you exactly want at lunch time. Meat sweats.

They would still kick me out for trying to add sauce on the reg to my take out.

Elmer's is opening in a new location on Brookside, about 33rd and Peoria. The key with any good BBQ is a well seasoned smoker. If they're starting from scratch with a new smoker then it might be a year before they're back to the same quality as before.

It’s been open for several weeks. It’s the same. The first time we had it the ribs were off. The second time, they were on point. That’s peak Elmer’s. Everything else tastes the same or was a little better. I think it’s really the best option for most people looking for a spread of barbecue to have at home. Albert G’s has been off lately and the other places are lunch only really.

I think they are using a different smoker. They don’t have the old locker because it’s a new location. At least I didn’t see it. I’m not really clear where the meat is being made.

The one thing about the new set up is the parking kind of sucks. That’s a difficult area to get in and out of most days, especially if you’re getting to go.

Last edited:
I also tried Oakhart recently. 5/5. It’s awesome. Better than Burn Co, but strongly reminds me of old school Burn Co. Just meat on a tray served by dudes who love their craft. Everyone in there knows what they are talking about.

I also tried Oakhart recently. 5/5. It’s awesome. Better than Burn Co, but strongly reminds me of old school Burn Co. Just meat on a tray served by dudes who love their craft. Everyone in there knows what they are talking about.
Is Oakhart in the Pearl District?

Church Studio?! Gosh! You mean where jagovs like Leon Russell tried to rip-off Thomas Earl Petty songs?

Sad deal. That space has so much history. And it damaged Farm Bar, too. I don’t understand how it got so bad with the d fire department literally a block away.

Sad deal. That space has so much history. And it damaged Farm Bar, too. I don’t understand how it got so bad with the d fire department literally a block away.
Good point! That FD is literally a pitching wedge away. Hope Dalessandro’s doesn’t have to close. The FD was probably on a calendar photo shoot. Or shopping for chili fixins at Reasors.

Last edited:
Reactions: TUMU
Old building built with lots of equally old and dry timber. Add to that grease, cooker fuel (wood, charcoal, etc.), Styrofoam cups, boxes, etc, paper products, and you've got some pretty darn fine combustibles to work with.

There’s a reason they tell you not to use charcoal grills inside.

Just sayin. But like for real.

Good point! That FD is literally a pitching wedge away. Hope Dalessandro’s doesn’t have to close. The FD was probably on a calendar photo shoot. Or shopping for chili fixins at Reasors.
Was at St johns Williams building today, so I ran by there. Dalesandros looked untouched. The only businesses that showed any damage were farm bar & burnco. The building was in a salvageable state, according to later reports, just gutted the interior for the most part.

Dude...that place has one of the more sophisticated vent hood systems I've ever seen.

Had. But still, as someone who uses a Hasty Bake often, it’s prone to error. Just too many things can go wrong. They work really hard there and are good people. I got really tired of the “destination barbecue” vibe and stupid people in line. It would benefit from the guys from Nelson’s running the front.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Had. But still, as someone who uses a Hasty Bake often, it’s prone to error. Just too many things can go wrong. They work really hard there and are good people. I got really tired of the “destination barbecue” vibe and stupid people in line. It would benefit from the guys from Nelson’s running the front.
I use a Hasty Bake too...just not outdoors. It's easy to get a flare up with too many coals and wood chips and a drafty area...mine usually doesn't unless I leave the top open to get more airflow and a hotter burn.

Weren’t they located on 11th street before the location on Boston?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT