ADVERTISEMENT

Burgess

tuhurricane20

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Oct 5, 2013
Has there been any word on Burgess ? Since all the coaches have been released who's minding the store.

Actually, I believe that apartment he trashed was University property. That probably adds insult to injury.

I was under the impression all discplined athletes reproted to the AD and his staff? I'm suprised the University hasn't expelled him, unless the investigation continues.

TX

Originally posted by texcane1982:

I was under the impression all discplined athletes reproted to the AD and his staff? I'm suprised the University hasn't expelled him, unless the investigation continues.

TX
1st...if it was reported to TPD and charges are pending or there is an arraignment you can go online and find that out.
2nd...whatever TU does in terms of discipline through the athletic dept. or Student Affairs is completely separate and independent of any criminal investigation and its outcome.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
Originally posted by texcane1982:

TX
1st...if it was reported to TPD and charges are pending or there is an arraignment you can go online and find that out.
2nd...whatever TU does in terms of discipline through the athletic dept. or Student Affairs is completely separate and independent of any criminal investigation and its outcome.
Still in school and on team is what I'm hearing.

GO TU!!!

I am really REALLY hoping the was blown out proportion and the entire incident is eventually dismissed. He is a damn good QB from what I seen at the spring game. He performed much better than anyone else that day. My opinion is that he is our best QB on campus.............but if he is guilty, he does deserve punishment regardless.

Originally posted by krwtulsa:
I am really REALLY hoping the was blown out proportion and the entire incident is eventually dismissed. He is a damn good QB from what I seen at the spring game. He performed much better than anyone else that day. My opinion is that he is our best QB on campus.............but if he is guilty, he does deserve punishment regardless.

+1........... if the kid did mess up in the least bit, handing out a punishment and giving him a 2nd chance is not the worst decision TU could make, epsecially if he is taking care of business in the classroom.

Hopefully he is back on track. With a coaching change he should have a shot at winning the QB job as a (RS) freshman.

TX

I don't see that any State charges were filed against him.

That's a good thing. Makes it less messy for student affairs. Provided he didn't really do a ton of damage to the apt. then he will likely have to pay restitution and probably be on Conduct Probation for a year. There is likely something going on behind the scenes we are just not aware of as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT