ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Thompson

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
Just entered the transfer portal. Things just got interesting for us this offseason. I wonder if we will stop being idiots and hire Rod now.

Reactions: Oak775
According to Matt Tait who is a KU basketball beat writer, he's heard Bryce is headed to Tulsa.
Man that could be a big deal for us. I’m trying not to put too much hope into it until I see it come from Bryce. I would hate to see him go anywhere else.

Man that could be a big deal for us. I’m trying not to put too much hope into it until I see it come from Bryce. I would hate to see him go anywhere else.
According to Matt Tait who is a KU basketball beat writer, he's heard Bryce is headed to Tulsa.
Shut the front door. Are you serious? Is this an April Fool's joke? This would be insane if true.

When I saw this, someone brought up if we take him instead of a big.

I would like to gently remind everyone that Shea Seals son doesn't require a scholarship and their should be an openning on this staff. If only we knew where to find a guy with good recruiting connections who is pretty solid x/o guy.

I would like to gently remind everyone that Shea Seals son doesn't require a scholarship and their should be an openning on this staff. If only we knew where to find a guy with good recruiting connections who is pretty solid x/o guy.
Shea’s son is not on scholarship.

Wouldn’t he be our first 5 star McDonald’s all American to play at Tulsa for the great Frank Haith,

His dad doesn’t need the gig.... it could happen but I would be surprised considering past goings on if he chose to work for the program.

Wouldn’t he be our first 5 star McDonald’s all American to play at Tulsa for the great Frank Haith,
He would be the first 5 star or HS all American to play at Tulsa period if I’m not incorrect. Deangelo McDaniel proceeded many modern ratings systems. But he wasn’t a 5 star on many of the ones from his day (barring one)

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Bryce would probably be the most highly regarded player to ever play at TU.

Reactions: drboobay
His dad doesn’t need the gig.... it could happen but I would be surprised considering past goings on if he chose to work for the program.

I think it's pretty clear we need him. We have a current assistant who probably shouldn't be there. While he isn't Wainwright he is a solid bench coach, beyond his own program he is pretty well networked in to help with recruiting. We don't have to do anything absurd like make him associate head coach, but it would benefit us to make him a good offer that would be difficult to say no to.

I think it's pretty clear we need him. We have a current assistant who probably shouldn't be there. While he isn't Wainwright he is a solid bench coach, beyond his own program he is pretty well networked in to help with recruiting. We don't have to do anything absurd like make him associate head coach, but it would benefit us to make him a good offer that would be difficult to say no to.

I’m pretty certain he makes more in his day job than we offer for the 3rd assistant spot.

Not sure now but he was offered to keep his day job with a helper while coaching at TU. That was a couple years ago

OSU has a coaching spot open with Cunningham's brother leaving along with Cade.
Very convenient for Rod.

Deangelo McDaniel proceeded many modern ratings systems. But he wasn’t a 5 star on many of the ones from his day (barring one)
Bryce would probably be the most highly regarded player to ever play at TU.

McDaniel was before the "Rivals era", but there were plenty of recruiting services before then, including Bob Gibbons All-Star Report, which was one of the most well known. I believe Bob's tournaments were sponsored by Reebok back then, if I remember right. McDaniel was a 5-star prospect, ranked No. 21 nationally and a consensus top 5 PF nationally. He's the highest ranked recruit I can remember TU signing out of high school since I started paying close attention to recruiting rankings (which was 1998).

Bryce was No. 21 nationally and No. 7 at his position.

OSU has a coaching spot open with Cunningham's brother leaving along with Cade.
Very convenient for Rod.
Big 12 still has the following in place regarding transfers within the conference.

6.3 Intraconference Transfers. The eligibility of a student-athlete who transfers directly or indirectly from one Conference Member Institution to another shall be determined by NCAA regulations and the following Conference requirements. In the event NCAA regulations require the student-athlete to complete one full academic year in residence before being
eligible to compete in a sport, the student-athlete shall also forfeit one season of competition in that sport. The waiver of a NCAA transfer regulation for a student-athlete does not negate the need for a waiver of this section.

6.3.1 4-2-4 Transfers. A 4-2-4 transfer student-athlete who is in compliance with NCAA Bylaw 14.5.6 must complete one full academic year in residence before being eligible to compete in a sport and forfeit one season of competition unless, in sports other than football or basketball, the director of athletics of the Conference Member Institution of initial enrollment consents in writing to the student-athlete’s enrollment at the second Conference Member Institution. Any consent given relating to the indirect intraconference transfer may be unconditional or conditioned on the student-athlete completing one full academic year in residence at the second conference Member Institution before competing.

6.3.1.1 Hearing Opportunity. If under C.R. 6.3.1, the director of athletics denies consent for a 4-2-4 transfer, the institution shall inform the student-athlete in writing that a hearing shall be provided upon request. If a hearing is requested, the hearing procedures established by the institution in conformity with NCAA legislation relating to the one-time transfer exception shall be applicable.

6.3.2 Certification Form. Prior to a student-athlete’s transfer, the head coach, student-athlete and director of compliance shall sign the Conference C.R. 6.3.2 intraconference transfer form. The form shall remain on file at such institution.

McDaniel was before the "Rivals era", but there were plenty of recruiting services before then, including Bob Gibbons All-Star Report, which was one of the most well known. I believe Bob's tournaments were sponsored by Reebok back then, if I remember right. McDaniel was a 5-star prospect, ranked No. 21 nationally and a consensus top 5 PF nationally. He's the highest ranked recruit I can remember TU signing out of high school since I started paying close attention to recruiting rankings (which was 1998).

Bryce was No. 21 nationally and No. 7 at his position.
I think making the McDonalds All-Am team was a big deal. Those lists read like a who’s-who of NBA players. It’s almost more likely that you will be an NBA player than you won’t be if you are included on those lists. Very few fall completely flat.

Big 12 still has the following in place regarding transfers within the conference.

6.3 Intraconference Transfers. The eligibility of a student-athlete who transfers directly or indirectly from one Conference Member Institution to another shall be determined by NCAA regulations and the following Conference requirements. In the event NCAA regulations require the student-athlete to complete one full academic year in residence before being
eligible to compete in a sport, the student-athlete shall also forfeit one season of competition in that sport. The waiver of a NCAA transfer regulation for a student-athlete does not negate the need for a waiver of this section.

6.3.1 4-2-4 Transfers. A 4-2-4 transfer student-athlete who is in compliance with NCAA Bylaw 14.5.6 must complete one full academic year in residence before being eligible to compete in a sport and forfeit one season of competition unless, in sports other than football or basketball, the director of athletics of the Conference Member Institution of initial enrollment consents in writing to the student-athlete’s enrollment at the second Conference Member Institution. Any consent given relating to the indirect intraconference transfer may be unconditional or conditioned on the student-athlete completing one full academic year in residence at the second conference Member Institution before competing.

6.3.1.1 Hearing Opportunity. If under C.R. 6.3.1, the director of athletics denies consent for a 4-2-4 transfer, the institution shall inform the student-athlete in writing that a hearing shall be provided upon request. If a hearing is requested, the hearing procedures established by the institution in conformity with NCAA legislation relating to the one-time transfer exception shall be applicable.

6.3.2 Certification Form. Prior to a student-athlete’s transfer, the head coach, student-athlete and director of compliance shall sign the Conference C.R. 6.3.2 intraconference transfer form. The form shall remain on file at such institution.

osu will be on ncaa probation with no post season just like Kansas will be in short time. He probably won’t pick a big 12 school transfer.

I think Pritchard and Thompson would provide our best duo in years. I look at Thompson like a Steve Harris. Smooth. But will not get excited at this point. Quietly wait......

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT