ADVERTISEMENT

Brown signs financial aid papers; will start early at TU -- story linked

It might just be because he skipped a bunch of camps after committing. He didn't have a huge body of work playing mostly as a backup his JR season and not playing his FR/SO seasons. Probably not enough to get a true evaluation onbut getting some interest from the places he was before telling them not to waste their time tells me he may be one of those hidden gems. He's certainly got MLB size.

Reactions: Chris Harmon
Im excited he is coming to campus, but i would prefer LBs named Striker or Boomer over somebody named Chase. In years gone by, we could refer to the entire secondary as "Chase".

In other news, Arizona State finished the season with the worst pass defense in the nation. Worse than even some FCS programs versus common FBS competition. Next year has to be the end of the line for TG.

The way the planets are aligning, he could find his dream job again at 11th and Harvard, though I imagine it would be on the Blankenship pay scale with big donors contributing to other important and vital causes.

Im excited he is coming to campus, but i would prefer LBs named Striker or Boomer over somebody named Chase. In years gone by, we could refer to the entire secondary as "Chase".

In other news, Arizona State finished the season with the worst pass defense in the nation. Worse than even some FCS programs versus common FBS competition. Next year has to be the end of the line for TG.

A name is a name is a name.
Who cares?
Just perform.

I had a bunch of youth guys I coached without 'striking' names that I wouldn't have traded for any kid in OK.
Milgate, Seago, Chase, Cabrera, DeJarnett, Carney, Skalnick, Lewis, Dorris, Chamberlain, Orr, Conley, Daujotas, Marler, Caldwell, Pennington, Stacy, Hancock, Newby...
11-0 last year with most enjoying 34-2 over the last three years. Losing in the Semi's, losing in the Championship, and winning the Championship in those respective years.

So yea, #anamesanameaname.
#justperform
#finishstrong

:p:)o_O

Just joking around. I grew up in Bartlesville. If anyone knows "It's Performance That Counts" it is me. You couldn't walk ten feet in Bartlesville in the 70s and 80s without seeing that corporate slogan for Phillips 66. They should have printed that slogan up on the front of women's panties.

Just joking around. I grew up in Bartlesville. If anyone knows "It's Performance That Counts" it is me. You couldn't walk ten feet in Bartlesville in the 70s and 80s without seeing that corporate slogan for Phillips 66. They should have printed that slogan up on the front of women's panties.

Oh damn,
I wasn't going corporate!

I was just saying, do what you do as good as you can do it.

Ugh to the corporate sayings... and I'm corporate...

Reactions: HuffyCane
That name sounds familiar but I don't remember him. I went to my 10-year reunion but none of the people I hung out with attended so I haven't been back since. Now that I'm getting older I would like to go back once more. They now hold a "combined" reunion of both Col-Hi and Sooner grads. when I looked at going to my 40-year reunion I was shocked at how many of my classmates had passed away before they were 60. Vietnam may have had an effect though.

Hey @Chris Harmon do you think he stayed so low in ratings because he committed to us way early?
I think it had more to do with him not playing at all as a freshman and sophomore, and then played behind three returning starters as a junior. He started to hit his potential as a senior as a full-time starter, but he didn't go to any camps last summer except TU.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I think it had more to do with him not playing at all as a freshman and sophomore, and then played behind three returning starters as a junior. He started to hit his potential as a senior as a full-time starter, but he didn't go to any camps last summer except TU.
How did we know so much about him again?

Chris Harmon will the coaches look to replace Abram Smith and Ryan Rubley before signing day ? Will they add an extra player on defense or WR?

Chris Harmon will the coaches look to replace Abram Smith and Ryan Rubley before signing day ? Will they add an extra player on defense or WR?
They could possibly add another RB to replace Smith, but it will have to be the right one. As far as replacing Rubley...I don't expect them to add another QB to this class unless it's a D-1 transfer, which probably wouldn't happen until the summer. So as you alluded, they will likely use that scholarship at another position.

Think he may have been a year older than you. He's my uncle. My grandfather was a geologist for Cities' back then.
My dad and brother-in-law both worked for Cities Service. Dad drove a delivery truck and brother-in-law was a computer operator. Those were the days when a computer operator just put tape spools on the computer (and before that fed in the punch cards). My dad went on disability due to a heart condition in '58. My sister and her family moved to Tulsa when Cities did and they both worked there after Oxy bought it.

My name is Mark Lowe, you can ask your uncle if he knows me but since I don't remember him he probably doesn't. Ok, back to the sports talk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT