ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Carson TW Column

It's funny, some of the same people who were saying a year ago that TU needed to become a glorified technical college because we don't have enough money to afford all those fancy professors now are saying that TU really needs to dump more money on the faculty faster. Our experts have determined that we either need to spend a lot less or a lot more, and fast. All they seem sure about is that whatever we're spending at any particular time is not right. They should be management consultants.
I think the better way to characterize it is that better thinking prevailed and a new plan was put in place for which early signs are positive.

I think the better way to characterize it is that better thinking prevailed and a new plan was put in place for which early signs are positive.
Have you ever watched the show Counterpart on Amazon Prime? Well worth the time I think. For us psych nerds, it's basically a (literally) global twins raised apart study. With nature/nurture and questions of what is human nature and what it means for a person to "be" himself. And lots of killing.

One recurring theme is "you don't see [spoiler alert] for who she is, you see her for who you want her to be." And reply, "isn't love about seeing someone as they want to be seen?" Which is our discussion!

Have you ever watched the show Counterpart on Amazon Prime? Well worth the time I think. For us psych nerds, it's basically a (literally) global twins raised apart study. With nature/nurture and questions of what is human nature and what it means for a person to "be" himself. And lots of killing.

One recurring theme is "you don't see [spoiler alert] for who she is, you see her for who you want her to be." And reply, "isn't love about seeing someone as they want to be seen?" Which is our discussion!
Chito & Leon petitioning for season 3 and at least a Global award during such season, for JK.

Chito & Leon petitioning for season 3 and at least a Global award during such season, for JK.
I'm only part way through season 2 but I thought season 2 was the end of the road? No spoilers! Would love some more, though. JK is awesome in everything.

It's funny, some of the same people who were saying a year ago that TU needed to become a glorified technical college because we don't have enough money to afford all those fancy professors now are saying that TU really needs to dump more money on the faculty faster. Our experts have determined that we either need to spend a lot less or a lot more, and fast. All they seem sure about is that whatever we're spending at any particular time is not right. They should be management consultants.
They should have hired me. I am from out of town and have a PowerPoint presentation. The key components to being a consultant. 😉

I have been accused often of being too cold and dispassionate. Of course I know that no humans are really dispassionate. Cold? Sure.

Are Randolph and Mortimer Duke involved? 😄

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I have been accused often of being too cold and dispassionate. Of course I know that no humans are really dispassionate. Cold? Sure.
You're far too focused on others' feelings to be cold. I could get to highly emotionally controlled or something like that, though.

Reactions: drboobay
I'm only part way through season 2 but I thought season 2 was the end of the road? No spoilers! Would love some more, though. JK is awesome in everything.
It was cancelled only because execs at Starz felt it's audience was too male. The show had plans for several more seasons. If you are up on JK and liked Counterpart then check out his new series 'Night Sky' on amazon. You'd probably enjoy it.(If you haven't already.)

You're far too focused on others' feelings to be cold. I could get to highly emotionally controlled or something like that, though.
I just remembered you were typically found with the now Dr. Smith? You stay in touch with him? He did some work for me a LONG time ago but no connection for many years.

Sorry for the detour. See - there I go thinking about others again. I just give and give and give.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It was cancelled only because execs at Starz felt it's audience was too male. The show had plans for several more seasons. If you are up on JK and liked Counterpart then check out his new series 'Night Sky' on amazon. You'd probably enjoy it.(If you haven't already.)
Do you think they were like "we've loaded it with unnecessary killing and gratuitous female nudity, why is it not more popular with women?"

Do you think they were like "we've loaded it with unnecessary killing and gratuitous female nudity, why is it not more popular with women?"
Hadn't really thought about it, or rewatched it since I read that. I finished the series in early 2019, when it came out. I'd have to think about it longer than I care to, or rewatch it with that in the back of my head.

Until Oklahoma retires it’s personal income tax, reforms it’s corporate taxation scheme and resolves several transportation hurdles, no amount of education, liberal lifestyle adjustments, or other incentives is going to entice business to Oklahoma. There is nothing remarkable about Oklahoma’s location outside the mineral industry. The workforce is undereducated and now has access to arguably the nation’s most liberal drug laws. So there are far more competitive alternatives in the region. Go into a corporate board room or government conference room and try to argue moving to Tulsa. You’ll get laughed out of the room. Oklahoma’s economy is a case study in self-strangulation. And its been that way since statehood, certainly since it was 75/25 split in favor of the ruling Democrats.
Vast majority of Texans pay more taxes than people in California :oops:

Is anyone surprised that low tax Texas is low tax only for the very wealthy?

Reactions: TU 1978
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT