ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Tickets

TU Pilot

I.T.S. Senior
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2013
Enid, OK
Can someone explain to me why we can't pick our sections if we buy from TU? I want to support the school but the way they are "assigning" seats makes me want to use a third party online seller... Thoughts?

They usually assign seats based on the same point system as season tickets.

Last edited:
Even if that's the case shouldn't you be able to pick your seats/row/section? The only option is the type of seat... You might sit by the 30 yard line in the upper level if you do seat backs, you might not though... The bench seating you might sit by the 15 in the upper or lower level, or you might not... I just don't understand the logic of that... Not sure why it bothers me so much.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
I don't disagree with you I am just telling you what they do. I have always thought it sucked.

Shawn does a great job putting that stuff together on a very short time line. We are lucky to have him for as long as we have. If you give him a call, I'm sure he will answer your questions and put you where you want to be. I've never had a problem with my special requests being filled. Im a GHC member, but nobody special.

It's not going to be full - I'm sure you can move around to wherever you like. That being said, you want a specific section or row, a phone call will fix that.

I called and tried to get specific seats(there are going to be at least 6 of us) but was told it's the point system until the 14th and after that first come, first serve. But I was also told that they didn't have any tickets on/around the 50-40 yard line and that I would have to buy those elsewhere... Oh well, I tried.

Unbelievable - and disappointing that we have to go to a third party to get decent seats.

Those tickets are probably held by the game organizers and given/sold to game sponsors. TU has specific tickets it is allotted. If TU sells its allotment they could always request more. This actually could be a well attended game for TU given the number of alumni in Dallas/Ft. Worth and Houston. Easy drive for all of them and a pretty easy drive from Tulsa as well.

That's why I was being so particular, just in case we actually travel well (like we have in our previous bowls).

IMO the slight lines at the 30 yard line as compared to the 50 isn't that big of a difference for me to buy tickets from a 3rd party. When our ticket sales are reported, it will only be based on sales out of our allotment. The University was given a 6K allotment for the game and in my experience the ticket office has always accommodated my requests.

IMO the slight lines at the 30 yard line as compared to the 50 isn't that big of a difference for me to buy tickets from a 3rd party. When our ticket sales are reported, it will only be based on sales out of our allotment. The University was given a 6K allotment for the game and in my experience the ticket office has always accommodated my requests.

I agree. If at all possible, it is best to buy tickets through TU. The number of tickets sold through the TU ticket office for this bowl can either help or hurt our bowl prospects in years to come.

Reactions: TulsaCane95
That's what I ended up doing. I didn't like it but I'm not paying $50 per ticket if I can't pick where I'm sitting.

You can also buy $30 end zone tickets through TU & you will most likely be able to move to a decent seat on the side.

50 bucks is not too bad unless you are bringing a large family IMO.

Any word on ticket sales so far?

I saw some reasonably priced tickets on Stubhub near mid-field, in the lower bowl on the TU side. I went back to the site a day later and they were gone. I really wanted to but tickets from TU and I called the ticket office to inquire. I explained that I did not want to wait around until next week to purchase tickets without knowing the section & seat numbers and asked if there were any other options. The person on the phone was clueless. I ended up buying tix online. I get the whole point system thing, but in this case it cost the university a sale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT