ADVERTISEMENT

bored and thinking

crow4435

I.T.S. Freshman
Sep 25, 2002
why can't they just divide the US into 4 regions and let the regional champs play a final four for the NC? it would keep the super conferences from forming and hold down travel. lol, im sure you guys have discussed this before ad naseum...if not , one day it will be like the NFL...afc/nfc

why can't they just divide the US into 4 regions and let the regional champs play a final four for the NC? it would keep the super conferences from forming and hold down travel. lol, im sure you guys have discussed this before ad naseum...if not , one day it will be like the NFL...afc/nfc
I’m probably a minority , but I think it should be all of the conference champions from each conference get an automatic spot in the playoffs , no “ at large” teams.

I’m probably a minority , but I think it should be all of the conference champions from each conference get an automatic spot in the playoffs , no “ at large” teams.
I am okay with all conference champions and a selection of at large to fill out 16 teams. The top 8 conference champions should get home field advantage in the first round and in second round vs non-champions.

The problem is, we view any playoff scenario in terms of equity, fairness and exciting play. The complete opposite of the decision makers.
^+1

Expansion is not based on giving more teams a shot but creating more games the CFP can sell to the highest bidder. I mentioned in the other thread about the CFP Expansion that the only reason the B1G and SEC support this is it gets them closer to making sure each of their schools makes $100M/ from the various broadcasting deals they benefit from. $100M would come close to funding a good portion of their athletic budgets. And remember, this would be actual money backing athlete scholarships vs the internal pushing numbers around in a budget management program which eventually is nothing more than a discount applied to the athlete's total costs.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
FBS should be like the old indiana state basketball. everyone get the opportunity to play for one championship. hickory won with jimmy chitwood and norman dale

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT