ADVERTISEMENT

Boomer enters portal

eastcane

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2001
Grayson Boomer at OSU. Wonder if he is considering Tulsa as an option, Grayson tells the TW that Seth is not considering the portal.

I thought this said Seth Boomer was entering the transfer portal for a second

I thought this said Seth Boomer was entering the transfer portal for a second
Nope. His brother. If he doesn't end up at TU my guesses are SMU, Mizzou, Iowa. I'd say Big XII schools except that he would not get cleared to be eligible for next year because of the Big XII's rules about transferring to another Big XII school. At a non Big XII school, I'd venture a guess a competent AD would get him eligible right away.

OSU strongly suggested a move from TE to OT. Grayson resisted. I assume if TU assures him he can play TE he will come here.

OSU strongly suggested a move from TE to OT. Grayson resisted. I assume if TU assures him he can play TE he will come here.
Which in Monty's offense is tackle #3 and he moves from side to side. We so under utilize the athletes we bring in at TE it's sad and pathetic.

One of my favorite plays against ECU was James Palmer feigning a kick out block and running a flat route to the outside. No one went with him and he went for about 20 yds on the play. It's almost as if Monty throws a couple of TE and RB pass plays into the game plan one week, they work, and somehow he forgets those plays exist the next game.

What happened to us using Stokes as a RB option which worked exceptionally well against UCF? Seriously, we see some original play calling and then Monty bumps his head or something

Which in Monty's offense is tackle #3 and he moves from side to side. We so under utilize the athletes we bring in at TE it's sad and pathetic.

One of my favorite plays against ECU was James Palmer feigning a kick out block and running a flat route to the outside. No one went with him and he went for about 20 yds on the play. It's almost as if Monty throws a couple of TE and RB pass plays into the game plan one week, they work, and somehow he forgets those plays exist the next game.

What happened to us using Stokes as a RB option which worked exceptionally well against UCF? Seriously, we see some original play calling and then Monty bumps his head or something

Its really tough to remember the plays you have called and those that work when you have to shake the etch-a-sketch to call a new one...

Not talking about utilizing the tight ends, but there's a reason gimmick plays are gimmick plays. After you run them once or twice the opponents prepare for them and they get blown to smithereens

Not talking about utilizing the tight ends, but there's a reason gimmick plays are gimmick plays. After you run them once or twice the opponents prepare for them and they get blown to smithereens
I never saw using Stokes as a RB as a gimmick. It was weird, we had a 2 back set and it almost worked like Navy's option plays.

And using a RB or TE out of the backfield as a pass catcher is hardly a gimmick play. Tons of teams use them and are productive.

I read an interview with the Boomer parents early in the season claiming how rough it was going to be when they played at different locations.

I’m sure they would love to have both on the same team.

I read an interview with the Boomer parents early in the season claiming how rough it was going to be when they played at different locations.

I’m sure they would love to have both on the same team.
Well (un)fortunately that wasn’t a huge issue because Grayson was injured during fall camp. I hope he finds a place he feels comfortable and wanted and I hope his body gets back to where it needs to be and I hope he finds general peace and comfort!

Reactions: Tulsafanzz

The etch-a-sketch isnt for trick plays.. its for Monty to try and recall plays he coordinated from Briles' non existant playbook...

I mean seriously.. a HC telling his OC that he doesnt have a playbook is like a chick telling you that they dont have a phone...

Reactions: HuffyCane
I remember hearing that back when Seth was a commit that the TU coaches really wanted Grayson. Who knows if he'd actually come here, or if they still want him, but just throwing that out there.

With already 2 TE's on the commit list, I imagine that would mitigate against the other Boomer xfering here.

With already 2 TE's on the commit list, I imagine that would mitigate against the other Boomer xfering here.
They might be committed but they're not signed to an LOI yet. If Grayson wants to come, you take him. While he would likely be approved for immediate eligibility coming here, there is no guarantee that would happen. Our AD and his staff don't exactly have a stellar track record in getting things like that approved through the NCAA so it could be another year (2021) before he could ever play a down for us.

He would have a very good chance at immediate eligibility. He would also have a chip on his shoulder after being told by OSU that he didn't have the tools to play TE at the high D1 level.

Our offense has so much potential to be a great. Let say 3 TE sign this year. Monty can flex out the TE like a WR to use as blocking or route running outside the hash mark. He can motion him to seal or kick out. Add the RB into the passing attack this offense has options that DC fear. Multiple attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
Our offense has so much potential to be a great. This let say we have 3 TE sign this year. Monty can flex out the TE like a WR to use as blocking or route running outside the hash mark. He can motion him to seal or kick out. Add the RB into the passing attack this offense has options that DC fear. Multiple attack.

The tightend will block, the running back will run up the middle, and our QB will eat a delayed blitz from the linebacker in the A gap.

Nothing will change, it hasn't in five years.

The etch-a-sketch isnt for trick plays.. its for Monty to try and recall plays he coordinated from Briles' non existant playbook...

I mean seriously.. a HC telling his OC that he doesnt have a playbook is like a chick telling you that they dont have a phone...

He and Briles still talk so I doubt he has try and recall anything. But that brings up another uncomfortable issue...

He and Briles still talk so I doubt he has try and recall anything. But that brings up another uncomfortable issue...

That’s frightening. I guess they reminisce about the “good old days” at Baylor. :eek:

The tightend will block, the running back will run up the middle, and our QB will eat a delayed blitz from the linebacker in the A gap.

Nothing will change, it hasn't in five years.
They ran a two tight end set with Minter on the line and Neph out wide as a receiver just one year ago.

Maybe Art could watch our games on TV in real time and he could call plays for Monty via cell phone connection?

We’ve seen this movie before. In some cases too many times.

We take big brother for a chance at little brother. Big brother turns into a serviceable player but not a starter.

Little brother goes to big school. Gets hurt or loses interest etc. Just doesn’t pan out. I can’t name one that did.

Little brother is probably coming home anyway, so why not give TU a shot. Comes on to campus and gets eligible but never quite has an impact. Most quit football all together after spring practice.

If he can qualify academically as a walk-on you give him a shot. Otherwise spend the scholarship on a kid we know can seal block and catch 5 to 10 passes a year, which is what we need, or go with a kid that is going to be on campus for five years.

It will come down again to Gragg submitting the appropriate reasoning for the immediate waiver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT