ADVERTISEMENT

BOK Basketball Showdown

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
They have a Cyber Monday deal going on. Tickets are good prices directly through Ticketmaster. $17 for tickets behind the bench. So I put 4 in my cart- $68. Choose the FREE use your phone as your ticket option. Great. Expecting nominal fees for each ticket so maybe looking at an $80 total bill. Still not bad considering great seats and 2 games.

Get to the TOTAL PRICE page: $120.00. The cost of the ticket fees were almost as much as the tickets themselves (about $13 per) HELL NO TICKET MASTER.

I'll wait and grab them for like $8 each on Seat Geek or Vivid Seats.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I did the same thing when the game was announced. Fees were outlandish so I balked. Figured there would be someone selling a few tickets outside the arena.

I really can’t understand why these fees have gotten so high. I was looking at concert tickets a while back and the “convenience” fee was like $25. It wasn’t that darn convenient. If you buy tickets you usually have to pay tax and shipping anyway so where’s the value? Sometimes you don’t even get something tangible, you just show the receipt on your phone at the gate. I’ll pay three or four bucks but they’ve priced me out of the market, I can always find something else to do.

If you buy at the ticket office, there is no added fee. The "convenience" must be not having to park and walk into the arena to get a seat. Tons of seats available - and with OSU tanking, I don't expect the lower bowl to be filled.

Does that get you both games?
My understanding is one price, both games. Otherwise they'd have to clear the arena between games and it doesn't sound like that is the case. This is sort of the new All College Classic. I actually hope TU and OSU continue this type of thing each year.

Yes, my tickets are for the event, which is TU in the first game. I think it's been shifted to the afternoon, which is better for a doubleheader.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT