ADVERTISEMENT

Bizarro World thread

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
So I am here making my spreadsheet for the upcoming basketball season. I start to put in ORU's schedule from ESPN.com and I noticed something was off. They played Omaha on consecutive days. So I was like well that has to be wrong. NOPE. I went to the team website and sure enough they play them on consecutive days. Apparently the Summit League is having the teams play each other twice but its on consecutive days in the same arena. I am sure this is so they dont have to do a lot of traveling because of COVID. The only issue is those players are going to be wore the hell out the next day when they play the same team again. If you get skull drug by the opponent then you risk getting skull drug worse the next day because you are tired or injuries.

I think this has good intentions but I believe it will have shown to be executed very poorly.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
So I am here making my spreadsheet for the upcoming basketball season. I start to put in ORU's schedule from ESPN.com and I noticed something was off. They played Omaha on consecutive days. So I was like well that has to be wrong. NOPE. I went to the team website and sure enough they play them on consecutive days. Apparently the Summit League is having the teams play each other twice but its on consecutive days in the same arena. I am sure this is so they dont have to do a lot of traveling because of COVID. The only issue is those players are going to be wore the hell out the next day when they play the same team again. If you get skull drug by the opponent then you risk getting skull drug worse the next day because you are tired or injuries.

I think this has good intentions but I believe it will have shown to be executed very poorly.

These 19 year old kids are not going to get worn out by the next day. They play 2 games a day in AAU for 3 days in a row. And usually there is more timeouts and media breaks in college ball. I think the hardest thing is trying to beat a team mentally twice in a row in 24 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT