ADVERTISEMENT

Bill for Covid19 relief

He signed it with the option the redline any item he doesn’t want. He took out the part removing his authority to use the insurrection act, the streaming regulations, and requested 230 be added. I believe he could have done this from the very beginning but wanted to shine negative light (rightfully so IMO) on the ridiculous spending and corrupt members of Congress.

Last edited:
He signed it with the option the redline any item he doesn’t want. He took out the part removing his authority to use the insurrection act, the streaming regulations, and requested 230 be added. I believe he could have done this from the very beginning but wanted to shine negative light (rightfully so IMO) on the ridiculous spending and corrupt members of Congress.
Huh? The president does not have the line item veto. (Though he probably should)

Reactions: 04Watu
Maybe I misread but I attached it so you can see.
You didn't misread a thing, you just posted from a false source. You keep posting all of this stuff from false sources and expect us not to be incredulous. That was one of many things they put out that are bald face lies, and you believe it. So gullible. Do your research.

Anyone care to explain why we are sending billions overseas in a “covid relief” bill?
It is an ominibus spending bill, that also includes the appropriations act of 2021,(1.4T) as well as the covid relief act.($900B) They are separate entities, and almost all of the foreign aid is in the appropriations act. There is not billions in the Covid Relief package going to foreign aid. The funds going to Egypt, Cambodia, Pakistan, etc. are part of the Appropriations Act which is part of our budget, and would exist even if the covid virus had never happened.

You didn't misread a thing, you just posted from a false source. You keep posting all of this stuff from false sources and expect us not to be incredulous. That was one of many things they put out that are bald face lies, and you believe it. So gullible. Do your research.
Lol 😂 it was a hypothetical question. The source is accurate. You might want to go back and read the fine print of the Bill.

It is an ominibus spending bill, that also includes the appropriations act of 2021,(1.4T) as well as the covid relief act.($900B) They are separate entities, and almost all of the foreign aid is in the appropriations act. There is not billions in the Covid Relief package going to foreign aid. The funds going to Egypt, Cambodia, Pakistan, etc. are part of the Appropriations Act which is part of our budget, and would exist even if the covid virus had never happened.

Yup. We have a long history of trying to “buy” friends.

Lol 😂 it was a hypothetical question. The source is accurate. You might want to go back and read the fine print of the Bill.

He signed it with the option the redline any item he doesn’t want. He took out the part removing his authority to use the insurrection act, the streaming regulations, and requested 230 be added.
BS, he doesn't have the option to redline any item he doesn't want. He signed it, it is now a passed bill. He never had that option. No president has ever had that option even though many have wanted it since early last century. Hypothetical is not, I reserve that option.

BS, he doesn't have the option to redline any item he doesn't want. He signed it, it is now a passed bill. He never had that option. No president has ever had that option even though many have wanted it since early last century. Hypothetical is not, I reserve that option.
The president said Sunday that along with signing the bill, he will invoke the 1974 Impoundment Control Act to demand “rescissions” be made to the spending measures. Under the Act, if the president wants to spend less moneythan Congress provided for a particular program, he can seek congressional approval to rescind by sending a special message to Congress identifying the amount he proposes to rescind, reasons for it, and the economic effects of the rescission.

“I will sign the Omnibus and Covid package with a strong message that makes clear to Congress that wasteful items need to be removed. I will send back to Congress a redlined version, item by item, accompanied by the formal rescission request to Congress insisting that those funds be removed from the bill,” he said.

The president said Sunday that along with signing the bill, he will invoke the 1974 Impoundment Control Act to demand “rescissions” be made to the spending measures. Under the Act, if the president wants to spend less moneythan Congress provided for a particular program, he can seek congressional approval to rescind by sending a special message to Congress identifying the amount he proposes to rescind, reasons for it, and the economic effects of the rescission.

“I will sign the Omnibus and Covid package with a strong message that makes clear to Congress that wasteful items need to be removed. I will send back to Congress a redlined version, item by item, accompanied by the formal rescission request to Congress insisting that those funds be removed from the bill,” he said.
I didn't read that article, I won't give them my email. You did not say anything about with congressional approval. Yes he can rescind all he wants with congressional approval. That isn't a redline veto. It's a request for change. He won't be in office in three weeks. It's an empty promise that wouldn't go anywhere even if he did it, which he won't. He doesn't want that request to get turned down, and lose again.

Reactions: 04Watu and watu04
I read a couple of articles (4 give or take) out of Epoch Times, before they started asking for an email address. It's a propaganda rag, they put several false items out in the articles I read. Now they want your email to spread your email amongst the many places they can make money off of it. I refuse to allow my email to be spread like that, because I don't want to get tons of junk mail, don't want to give scams another outlet, and don't want a junk rag like that to make any more money than is possible. It's a money maker for falun gong, that radical religious organization that started in china. Apparently they even print it, and distribute it to driveways across the USA/world on some limited basis. A friend of mine got one thrown in his driveway.

I read a couple of articles (4 give or take) out of Epoch Times, before they started asking for an email address. It's a propaganda rag, they put several false items out in the articles I read. Now they want your email to spread your email amongst the many places they can make money off of it. I refuse to allow my email to be spread like that, because I don't want to get tons of junk mail, don't want to give scams another outlet, and don't want a junk rag like that to make any more money than is possible. It's a money maker for falun gong, that radical religious organization that started in china. Apparently they even print it, and distribute it to driveways across the USA/world on some limited basis. A friend of mine got one thrown in his driveway.
I acknowledge your stance on the source. I have not had that same experience however, concerning this specific article, I see no inaccuracies.

Trump’s signing is just another example of deal making ineptitude. He didn’t get $2,000 from Congress because he ignored the issue in his obsession to overturn the election. Signing with recisions is just more deal making theater. He did make it clear however that Congressional Republicans are viewed as the reason the bill is inadequate and checks are smaller.

Trump’s signing is just another example of deal making ineptitude. He didn’t get $2,000 from Congress because he ignored the issue in his obsession to overturn the election. Signing with recisions is just more deal making theater. He did make it clear however that Congressional Republicans are viewed as the reason the bill is inadequate and checks are smaller.
Agreed.......they sold us out! There is a cost to creating a new capital in ND.

Congress did give the President a line item veto power during the Clinton Administration. He used it a few times IIRC, and then it got challenged in court and the SCOTUS determined that a line item veto power was unconstitutional.

I could have the details wrong, it was all a long time ago. But the line item veto is definitely not a thing that the president can do anymore.

Congress did give the President a line item veto power during the Clinton Administration. He used it a few times IIRC, and then it got challenged in court and the SCOTUS determined that a line item veto power was unconstitutional.

I could have the details wrong, it was all a long time ago. But the line item veto is definitely not a thing that the president can do anymore.
I don't recall that Clinton used a line item veto, doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that I just can't recall it. Haven't done any research. But one thing I do recall is that it has been attempted to be passed by congress legislatively several times over many years, and it failed every time. So I don't think it was viewed as unconstitutional, just something that needed to be legislated and failed repeatedly. If I recall the last time was as recently as 2009 or 2012 that they had legislation for some sort for line item veto.

One thing I think needs to be reviewed legislatively and/or constitutionally and that is the Pardon powers of the president. It has been abused by Trump in ways it should never be abused. It was always a power ripe for abuse, but no other president abused it as brazenly as Trump has. There needs to be some limits put on that power.

Trump didn't give a crap whether it was $2000 or not, only that he could brag on his attempt in 2023.

I don't recall that Clinton used a line item veto, doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that I just can't recall it. Haven't done any research. But one thing I do recall is that it has been attempted to be passed by congress legislatively several times over many years, and it failed every time. So I don't think it was viewed as unconstitutional, just something that needed to be legislated and failed repeatedly. If I recall the last time was as recently as 2009 or 2012 that they had legislation for some sort for line item veto.

One thing I think needs to be reviewed legislatively and/or constitutionally and that is the Pardon powers of the president. It has been abused by Trump in ways it should never be abused. It was always a power ripe for abuse, but no other president abused it as brazenly as Trump has. There needs to be some limits put on that power.

I looked it up. Congress gave it to him in a bill in 1996. He tried to use it, it got challenged, and the SCOTUS ruled it unconstitutional.

I am surprised I remembered it that well, actually.

I looked it up. Congress gave it to him in a bill in 1996. He tried to use it, it got challenged, and the SCOTUS ruled it unconstitutional.

I am surprised I remembered it that well, actually.
Wow, I'll have to look up the other legislation I was talking about, because I'm almost positive there was more recent legislation than '96. They must have taken the '96 constitutionality ruling into account when they wrote up the newer legislation.

Do people on welfare get a check?
Do people in jail get a check?

Aoc thinks illegals should receive checks and the vacine.

WHY???

Reactions: shon46
The current bill almost has more pork than beef.

Although bbq pork ribs are better than beef.
It’s absolutely disgusting but hey, they have to pay off all the people that helped put them in office right!

Do people on welfare get a check?
Do people in jail get a check?

Aoc thinks illegals should receive checks and the vacine.

WHY???
Illegal immigrants would only get a check if they pay taxes as all of the disbursement utilizes IRS records.

And who cares if they get the vaccine. They can take the place of all the QAnon morons that believe there's a tracking chip being inserted. But seriously, the only way the world gets a grip on this and things can move back towards normal is almost everyone getting vaccinated.

I've come to the conclusion that you're an AI android. You have no empathy or compassion and your rhetoric is rather inhumane.

Illegal immigrants would only get a check if they pay taxes as all of the disbursement utilizes IRS records.

And who cares if they get the vaccine. They can take the place of all the QAnon morons that believe there's a tracking chip being inserted. But seriously, the only way the world gets a grip on this and things can move back towards normal is almost everyone getting vaccinated.

I've come to the conclusion that you're an AI android. You have no empathy or compassion and your rhetoric is rather inhumane.
If you are in this country illegally why would you be allowed to work in the first place? Name one country in this entire world that will allow you to receive social benefits while being in their country illegally? Just one! Your statement about getting back to normal when everyone is vaccinated is wishful thinking at best. If you think these politicians will willfully relinquish their new found Covid powers than you are no different than a QAnon follower! If you desire so badly to be in the initial Human Experimentation group, more power to you. I find your views of pushing mass vaccination on the population out before even a years worth of data is collected because you want your life to get back to normal is selfish and reckless. If you want a vaccine, get one! The Constitution clearly states that the freedom of our society to live a normal life does not rest on someone being vaccinated for Covid.

Last edited:
There's actually a great reason why illegal immigrants should not be getting vaccinated right now: They are disproportionately young and if they're getting vaccines right now they are jumping in front of the old and vulnerable.

Can't say too much about it, but the wife recently had a case here in El Paso where a person smuggling people across the border actually alerted border patrol and asked if they'd just let them through to get vaccinated in Midland. Lying about pre-existing conditions to get vaccinated is pretty easy here and it's bad enough with only US citizens doing it.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I believe all countries are vaccinating its citizens, so they can go there and get one.

We are struggling to get enough for our citizens without giving it away. Why do we reward bad behavior.

This kind of one off incident does not necessarilyreflect a system wide Issue. Some people cheat and many more try to beat the system. The key is to keep pressing forward and get as many people as possible out of trouble.

This kind of one off incident does not necessarilyreflect a system wide Issue. Some people cheat and many more try to beat the system. The key is to keep pressing forward and get as many people as possible out of trouble.

It was a fairly well known org doing the smuggling. Far from a one off for them.

I’m a rino on immigration(at least when I called myself republican) but there are limits

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT